Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #25

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh dear lord please whatever you do do not submerge your veg in bleach solution! Bleach is not even safe to be used in food preparation areas in restaurants etc and certainly shouldnt be used directly ON food. Its definitely not recommended and will more likely do more harm than coronavirus will to your health. Please no one do this 🤦🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️
Thank you for the advice 😊 x I heard it from a friend, I will tell my friend on this also.

Reactions: 3
I just can’t get excited about holidays yet because I know the chances are Im not going. In terms of going anywhere I’ve pretty much cancelled summer already.
Mmm interesting hearing people’s views on going abroad. I’m supposed to go to a wedding in Germany mid September.
Only in the last few days has I’ve realised that’s probably more likely to not happen than the reverse. In the early days of lockdown it felt temporary, now it feels more like a new way of life.
That said all the people I see sitting outside and playing in the park have clearly stopped taking it seriously.

Reactions: 6
My kids are really missing their grandparents, they will be so upset if they cant see them for a year
I can't see it being a year... But if it is. Surely it's better that we miss them than potentially you or they die of covid?!

I get that it's tough but I'd still my family be safe and us have to just facetime and be alive... (Hope this doesn't sound too dramatic but it's how I feel)

Reactions: 8
Wow... I’m not doing any of that. Just unbag and wash my hands. If your fridge and freezer is set to the right temperature it will kill it surely.
Sorry if this has been addressed, I'm still catching up. However, there are some reports that the virus survives and perhaps even thrives at lower temperatures like in your freezer.

We are much like @bubbletea123 We wipe everything down, wash things with soap when possible. For certain items that are non-perishable but come in non-washable containers (paper containers, bags of potatoes or rice if we can find them at stores! lol) we leave in pest-safe bins for a few days either in the car or garage, before bringing them into the home. It doesn't seem to survive as long on those surfaces, maybe a few days max.

Everyone has to do what they feel comfortable with at the end of the day. I don't keep my home sterile and I believe in building our immune system through exposure to all kinds of things, but while this virus is at its peak and we are still learning about it, I will continue taking these precautions.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
We’re meant to be going to a wedding in Croatia at the end of July. It’s yet to be rearranged/cancelled. Obviously I’m not expecting it to go ahead!

Does anyone have any update on holiday or future travel plans. We are supposed to be going to the Canaries in July but not sure if it's actually going to happen 🤷🏼‍♀️☹
Is horrible not knowing isn't it.
Sitting ducks.

We were supposed to be going to the Maldives end of July but they've allowed us to change the date.
They contacted us a few weeks back.

Guys realistically how long will you personally keep up with the isolation and not seeing family??

was chatting to my mum earlier, she is nearly 70, and she lives alone and is getting really sad without seeing me and my little girl. (We face time every sometimes 2/3 times a day but its not the same)

she has health issues, high blood pressure ( who doesn’t at that age?) and she thinks she only has a good few years left, if that (her words 😣) and she doesn’t see the point of prolonging her life to live alone and not see anyone, she would rather have what time she has left spent with loved ones and seeing her family, I get her point and it got me to thinking

how many others feel like this?

Obviously i’m still following guidelines but what is the point in the long run (yes I know to not ober burden Nhs etc), but the point is She isn’t living a quality life atm and so many others like her aren’t either and this will cause them More harm than the virus

Maybe a month, my grandparents are in thier late 80s sadly they might not have the time left to wait for a vaccine. If we get a vaccine.

I understand we need to keep restrictions
In place to keep the infections low, but I'm really hoping the relax the one about seeing family in the next review, I think people will just find ways around it anyway.

Reactions: 6
Guys realistically how long will you personally keep up with the isolation and not seeing family??

was chatting to my mum earlier, she is nearly 70, and she lives alone and is getting really sad without seeing me and my little girl. (We face time every sometimes 2/3 times a day but its not the same)

she has health issues, high blood pressure ( who doesn’t at that age?) and she thinks she only has a good few years left, if that (her words 😣) and she doesn’t see the point of prolonging her life to live alone and not see anyone, she would rather have what time she has left spent with loved ones and seeing her family, I get her point and it got me to thinking

how many others feel like this?

Obviously i’m still following guidelines but what is the point in the long run (yes I know to not ober burden Nhs etc), but the point is She isn’t living a quality life atm and so many others like her aren’t either and this will cause them More harm than the virus
I think a lot of people are feeling this way 😔

My parents don't have any underlying conditions but they are a bit older and they live 6/7 hour drive away and they're missing their grandkids terribly.

I speak to them everyday but it's not the same, and my boys get upset and ask to see them all the time.

I think I have a month left in me before I just think 'duck it' and make the drive down there.
At that point it will be essential travel.

I think the worst part is not having a definitive date, as to when we'd be 'allowed' to see them again.
I don't think we'll have one for a while, but I do feel like if we had something to aim for it'd be easier to countdown to.

Reactions: 11
How long realistically do you think we will be asked to carry on working from home if we can?
I think they’ll keep working from home where possible for a long time. There has been a push for flexible working for so long now, and now many businesses will have found that it is possible for a lot of workers to do their job from home.

Reactions: 5
All these companies working from home, how would they go about employing new staff if they wanted or needed? How would you train someone from home?

Reactions: 1
How long realistically do you think we will be asked to carry on working from home if we can?
I imagine it will need to stay in place at least as a option as long as the schools are closed. But I imagine it's one of the easiest things to keep in place longest for those that can work from home. Work can still be done while keeping people away from each other.

All these companies working from home, how would they go about employing new staff if they wanted or needed? How would you train someone from home?
I'm guessing via video call and using screen take overs and written manuals.

Reactions: 2
I think they’ll keep working from home where possible for a long time. There has been a push for flexible working for so long now, and now many businesses will have found that it is possible for a lot of workers to do their job from home.
We have been working from home since before lockdown (call centre) but the technical issues are mounting. I havent worked since last Friday as I cant get online, took the pc to the office yesterday for it to be looked at and now Im at home I still cant get online. There are many others with the same problem, we are being asked to take the time we arent working as holiday. That was a big fat no from me. Think some of us will be furloughed if they cant sort something out.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.