Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #22

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Noone should be made to feel bad comparing themselves to others during this lockdown. It's an artificial situation to be in, we wouldn't normally be spending this much time in our homes with our loved ones. This isn't normal. So whatever you do, be it sit in your garden for hours, watch TV all day, sleep until noon, whilst ignoring the mound of pots or weeds on the lawn, it's all ok. There will always be folk on social media portraying their lives as a perfect example but we don't get to see their kids screaming at each other, their pile of laundry or their tears and frustration. Noone is perfect, we're all human and we're all struggling in different ways, and anyone who tells you different is lying.
I needed this. Thank you x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Are there any nurses on here?
My mums a nurse whose used to me asking questions if we can help?!

There’s a full on street party going on on my road. People stood apart but is it far enough apart? who knows? Wine and beers in hand for a neighbours 60th. Lovely sentiment but it makes me nervous!

Reactions: 5

There’s a full on street party going on on my road. People stood apart but is it far enough apart? who knows? Wine and beers in hand for a neighbours 60th. Lovely sentiment but it makes me nervous!
That would be amazing thank you 😊 Well I’ve been put on Antibiotics and due to go and work back on our covid ward tomorrow, ask her if that’s safe to do?

The WHO have just made a statement about their six criteria countries should use before lifting a lockdown.

The criteria a country should meet are the following:

-that the transmission is controlled
-that every case is being detected, tested, isolated and treated with the ability to trace every contact
-that outbreak risks are being minimised in health and care home facilities
-that preventive measures at work and schools are in place
-that imported risks are being managed
-that communities are educated about the “new norm” and engaging these practices

Looking at this, I can’t see our lockdown being lifted this week or this month, in my opinion.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I think that’s pretty polite! My friend text me what her 5 year old had called his siblings today... it wasn’t that polite 😂
the way she said it though... might as well have been a curse word :oops:

She needs some time away from him I think. Doesn't help that he's been refusing naps, which is making him more cranky and not giving me and her any time alone. We usually enjoy those few hours together while he naps.

• Sad

That’s actually kind of sweet but yes unnerving! And probably not enough social distancing especially once people have had a few drinks. Those 60 year olds as well, who knows who’ll end up snogging who 😂 I’ve had three cups of coffee today so I’m slightly delirious at this point. Most caffeine I’ve had in nearly a year!

052EE02E-CBEF-4CD7-A829-3146DABDE7E7.jpeg

Does anyone know why the UK’s recovered is N/A? It’s the only one on the list that says it 🤔

Reactions: 2
I think it's because they haven't been giving figures for recovered, but I'm not sure. I haven't seen any recovered figures myself.
Ahhh yes, that makes sense. Thanks! I wonder why they aren’t releasing those numbers? It would be nice to see something a little positive.

Reactions: 1
I think it's because they haven't been giving figures for recovered, but I'm not sure. I haven't seen any recovered figures myself.
Yesterday it said 344 so it has increased which is good but not sure why today it says n/a

Yesterday it said 344 so it has increased which is good but not sure why today it says n/a
ahh ok. Maybe they've just not released it for today yet?

I haven't been keeping up with the numbers as much so I didn't know they'd actually been releasing recovered numbers. Thats good!

I really need to stay away from Instagram. I’m feeling like the worlds worst mum. Sorry for another negative post but wondering if I’m alone? I’m not usually so negative, I’ve been really positive at points this week despite the figures.
If anything, don't believe what you see on social media. They only post the good 10 minutes of their day.
❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I think name choice came from 'Florence Nightingale'

I know that.

The point is that the NHS decided to name their hospitals the same as another already-existing private hospital which as a result has caused massive confusion and the private hospital is inundated with constant queries as people are confusing it with the NHS hospital.

Thank you so much. Such great advice, thank you. I shall try that. They all help bless them, they’ve an assigned job each day which does help a lot. I will tr to throw another little job I’m like you suggested as it’ll help me a lot.

I do need to cut myself some slack and stop comparing myself to these instagrammers who seem to be healthy mentally and physically, and seem to be mum of the year.

Thank you for replying to me, I appreciate it. This morning ended in a panic attack and I’m only just feeling better. The Asda shop arrived and it took my husband 2 hours to wipe it all down and longer to put it away, it’s so stressful and I ended up feeling overwhelmed about this mess life is at the moment. I have good and bad days right now, I guess we all do. 💖💖 xxx
Here’s my hob right now. Just needs a vase of flowers and it’s Instagram ready! ;)
And yes I am a messy cook!

3B94EEB6-1315-4C1E-8968-7E4E60B25114.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.