Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #22

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
668 total deaths in England, Wales & NI. Scotland haven't released their figures yet owing to technical issues.

Scotland added now...9 deaths so total for UK: 697.

It's a lower figure but is often lower on Sunday/Monday due to less testing over the weekend in the labs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
668 total deaths in England, Wales & NI. Scotland haven't released their figures yet owing to technical issues.
So it seems a good bit of a drop didn't someone say weekend figures are usually down then jump come Monday or is it because of the holiday ?

Reactions: 2
If any of you are shopping in Morrison just a heads up, Easter eggs are 25p! May have bought a few for the coming weeks 😛

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
So it seems a good bit of a drop didn't someone say weekend figures are usually down then jump come Monday or is it because of the holiday ?
Yes, it's always lower on Sunday/Mondays due to less testing in the labs over the weekend I think.

However, of the number of England deaths released today these are when the deaths occurred:

Of the latest deaths recorded, 118 occurred on 12 April while 537 took place between 1 April and 11 April.

The remaining 12 deaths happened last month, going back as far as 26 March.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I really need to stay away from Instagram. I’m feeling like the worlds worst mum. Sorry for another negative post but wondering if I’m alone? I’m not usually so negative, I’ve been really positive at points this week despite the figures.

When do you think schools will re open? My daughter had her GCSEs cancelled and she’s devastated as she knows she could have done better than her predicted grades. She also didn’t want go to college as she has had such a tough time in secondary school. She wanted to get an apprenticeship but with how things are I guess it’s unlikely that’ll happen in the autumn, I imagine a lot of businesses will be in difficulty.

My youngest is feeling low and isolated, I’m trying hard to juggle all 3 children, husband working from home and my health conditions, I’ve not had a rest in weeks so my pain and fatigue are bad recently. My youngest is desperate for school and I have to keep saying no one knows when it’ll re open and I’m sorry 😐

I am feeling like the worst mum, I see on Instagram, mainly home accounts (thetaylormadehome being one, she’s lovely of course) mums doing games, family time every day doing so much together and I feel like complete tit that when I can sit down I need that rest because of my health conditions limiting what I can do recently, When they were in school and work I didn’t have this guilt as I could slowly do my chores and rest in between with no one to worry about, but now everyone’s home it’s amplifying my thoughts that’s I’m a crap mum and worrying about their mental health during this time. Having ill health and letting them down because I’m not doing activities all day makes me feel guilty. Theyre all teenagers, eldest is almost 18, youngest is 15. They are happy watching tv, on their pc/Xbox, walks with their dad and the dog, films together, we play iPad games together etc but I feel so guilty I need so much rest because this last 6 weeks my stress levels have been really high which trigger my flare up of symptoms. I was physically doing well until all of this, now my pain and fatigue is horrendous. Having chronic illness you feel a bad mum without this situation making it worse.

I’m not wishing them to school, I’d rather we were all safe together by the way, I’m just worried what is going to happen for them In their near future.
Please believe you aren’t the worlds worst mum!!!! You’re doing the best you can and that’s enough! I think it’s really important children just learn how to be as well and use their imagination, that’s not being a bad mum that’s encouraging something that not enough children get nowadays as there is this idea that children need to be entertained all the time. It’s obviously nice to do family things too but it doesn’t need to be constant. The lock down is hard on everybody and we need to just survive it whatever form that takes. They’re older as well so honestly I don’t think they’ll mind. What about Lego or puzzles? My friend has teenagers and she’s been doing Lego with them.

Noticed this note on the Scottish update:

Note: We have no data today from two labs (Tayside and Ayrshire and Arran). As a result the number of cases/tests is artificially low. We are continuing to work with colleagues on this.

Reactions: 3
Les Mis isn't an Andrew Lloyd Webber show so unfortunately don't think we'll be getting that, at least on his channel 😔
Ah good point. I was getting carried away with musical dreams. I'd love for my kids to see Return to the forbidden planet too but I'll settle for Cats 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
So apparently there already is a hospital by the name of Nightingale, in London! It's a private, psychiatric hospital that is receiving constant queries because of the new Nightingale hospital. So much so they have had to put a message on their website about this. Strange how the NHS decided to use the same name??

I think name choice came from 'Florence Nightingale'

• Haha
Today has been tit. Probably the lowest I've felt since all this started. I'm on week 4 of shielding and because I'm in the highly vulnerable category that also means that my husband and 2 children are shielding with me. That means not one of us can leave the house so no daily exercise or a quick walk. Feeling like a tit mum because chemo is really taking it out on me so I can't even be arsed to sit and play a board game with them. Hubby is amazing and making sure the kids are ok while I rest but I'm finding it so hard. Craving some peace and quiet but then feel guilty for feeling like this. Today sucks!
Try not to feel guilty, your allowed to feel the way your feeling, your doing amazing with everything you and your family are going through

Please believe you aren’t the worlds worst mum!!!! You’re doing the best you can and that’s enough! I think it’s really important children just learn how to be as well and use their imagination, that’s not being a bad mum that’s encouraging something that not enough children get nowadays as there is this idea that children need to be entertained all the time. It’s obviously nice to do family things too but it doesn’t need to be constant. The lock down is hard on everybody and we need to just survive it whatever form that takes. They’re older as well so honestly I don’t think they’ll mind. What about Lego or puzzles? My friend has teenagers and she’s been doing Lego with them.
Please don’t compare your life with instagram- I’ve done the same and ended up down x

Reactions: 7
As long as you put in the wash straight away. I sat in the car the other night as my boyfriend went into the supermarket and I was just watching people come out the shops. The amount of people you see getting back in their car with their gloves on!!! And also the amount of people keeping on their single use masks and going back into the car, or I seen somebody with it not covering their nose. People are doing more harm than good as they don’t know how to use the PPE properly they may as well not be wearing it.
Using gloves is essentially useless. I went to a shop today, all the shop workers using gloves apart from one person sanitising their hands between each customer. This makes much more sense. I watched them not change their gloves between customers, which makes it worse than not wearing gloves and sanitising between each person! It's so frustrating. As a nurse we don't keep the same pair of gloves on, to prevent cross contamination.
Same for the shoppers, using gloves picking up various things then changing their minds. Using trolleys. Etc.
It's frustrating, but I understand people are scared and it helps them feel better.

Reactions: 13
Using gloves is essentially useless. I went to a shop today, all the shop workers using gloves apart from one person sanitising their hands between each customer. This makes much more sense. I watched them not change their gloves between customers, which makes it worse than not wearing gloves and sanitising between each person! It's so frustrating. As a nurse we don't keep the same pair of gloves on, to prevent cross contamination.
Same for the shoppers, using gloves picking up various things then changing their minds. Using trolleys. Etc.
It's frustrating, but I understand people are scared and it helps them feel better.
I seen a good explanation on Facebook. You wouldn’t cut raw chicken with gloves on and use the same gloves to go around your house touching door handles and stuff! So I don’t understand why people are getting back in their car without taking them off, or touching their phone and keys! I gives people a false sense of security which leads them to not wash/sanitise their hands as much as they would with bare hands

Reactions: 7
Hugs to everyone today it seems there’s something in the air! I woke up feeling horrible too. Just wanted to stay in bed today.

And to all the other Mums. I relate. I always feel like I’m not doing enough for them, but kids are resilient. 💓 We’re all doing great.

And remember:
CDCAC994-5D38-445F-ADD4-481466D7E5EE.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I really need to stay away from Instagram. I’m feeling like the worlds worst mum. Sorry for another negative post but wondering if I’m alone? I’m not usually so negative, I’ve been really positive at points this week despite the figures.

When do you think schools will re open? My daughter had her GCSEs cancelled and she’s devastated as she knows she could have done better than her predicted grades. She also didn’t want go to college as she has had such a tough time in secondary school. She wanted to get an apprenticeship but with how things are I guess it’s unlikely that’ll happen in the autumn, I imagine a lot of businesses will be in difficulty.

My youngest is feeling low and isolated, I’m trying hard to juggle all 3 children, husband working from home and my health conditions, I’ve not had a rest in weeks so my pain and fatigue are bad recently. My youngest is desperate for school and I have to keep saying no one knows when it’ll re open and I’m sorry 😐

I am feeling like the worst mum, I see on Instagram, mainly home accounts (thetaylormadehome being one, she’s lovely of course) mums doing games, family time every day doing so much together and I feel like complete tit that when I can sit down I need that rest because of my health conditions limiting what I can do recently, When they were in school and work I didn’t have this guilt as I could slowly do my chores and rest in between with no one to worry about, but now everyone’s home it’s amplifying my thoughts that’s I’m a crap mum and worrying about their mental health during this time. Having ill health and letting them down because I’m not doing activities all day makes me feel guilty. Theyre all teenagers, eldest is almost 18, youngest is 15. They are happy watching tv, on their pc/Xbox, walks with their dad and the dog, films together, we play iPad games together etc but I feel so guilty I need so much rest because this last 6 weeks my stress levels have been really high which trigger my flare up of symptoms. I was physically doing well until all of this, now my pain and fatigue is horrendous. Having chronic illness you feel a bad mum without this situation making it worse.

I’m not wishing them to school, I’d rather we were all safe together by the way, I’m just worried what is going to happen for them In their near future.
You hit the nail on the head in your very first sentence.

Those posts you’re looking at aren’t real life, they are “insta“ life.
I mean seriously, who has a bloody vase on their hob in real life? You’re more likely to find bits of last night’s dinner prep on mine! It’s all bullshit, believe me.

Step away from the guilt, if your children are happy watching TV then let them.

Re the chores, don’t worry they’ll still be there tomorrow.
When you’re in a better place I can highly recommend The Organised Mum Method (TOMM), it sets out a daily routine which really helps. Whilst the children are off, ask them to help too.
If they each did 10 minutes a day to help that’s 30 minutes total housework a day with little inconvenience to them but would make a huge impact to you. I’m sure they’d be willing if you just asked.
I found with that age group if, for example, you asked them to clean the whole bathroom then you’d get complaints because to them it seems like a huge chore. However, if you asked them to just clean the wash basin then they’d do it because it’s such a quick job. Then the next day, ask them to clean the bath. The next day the toilet and so on... After a few days the whole bathroom would have been cleaned. It doesn’t all have to be done on the same day, the end result is the same. It’s just a change of mindset.

Look after yourself xx

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Went to Tesco today. First trip outside of my very rural village in 3 weeks. Tesco was empty. Most of the shelves were fully stocked apart from no flour, which seems to have become the new toilet roll. Bananas were all rotten, so they'd been hanging around for some time. Plenty of fresh veg and reduced large beef joints. Aside from the stupid one way system in there when the shop was empty, I think shopping during lockdown has become my new favourite activity.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.