Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #22

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi all, can someone help solve this? I’ve googled and not getting clarification. My husband was furloughed (as was I) because we work for non essential business. My husband had a message last week from his employer that they were considering reopening with minimal staff next week (tomorrow) this evening He contacted his employer to confirm he was back at work Tomorrow even though the government has not lifted lockdown and was told from his employer that yes see you at 7:30am!
Does he have to go? Can they sack him if he says no? It’s a shed company (make and sell sheds) they said they are not reopening for the public just for minimal staff to carry on with production. Thanks in advance for any help 🙏
I think someone said your employer can call you back at any time ?

Reactions: 1
One of my best friends is a nursing student, she’s been told she has to go back on placement despite finishing her hours for the year. If she doesn’t then she won’t be allowed to graduate. I understand that this is an unprecedented (that word :rolleyes:) situation but I feel so bad for her. She’s put so much work into her degree and done so many unpaid hours already. She’s also terrified because her placement could be anywhere in the hospital. It’s hard to see her getting stressed out over this as she’s usually a chilled out person

I just hate how this virus is affecting literally everything
I know this was days ago but I’m just reading this thread now.. I’m a student midwife and have been told if we don’t opt in to placement then we have to delay our training a year.. it’s totally unfair what they’re making us do. They say the choice is ours but they’ve taken it out of our hands really by threatening us with that. So unfair x

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Hi all, can someone help solve this? I’ve googled and not getting clarification. My husband was furloughed (as was I) because we work for non essential business. My husband had a message last week from his employer that they were considering reopening with minimal staff next week (tomorrow) this evening He contacted his employer to confirm he was back at work Tomorrow even though the government has not lifted lockdown and was told from his employer that yes see you at 7:30am!
Does he have to go? Can they sack him if he says no? It’s a shed company (make and sell sheds) they said they are not reopening for the public just for minimal staff to carry on with production. Thanks in advance for any help 🙏

Wow ! My brother is the same position he works for a company I would say non essential but its factory work. They have been shut furlough for 3 weeks before they were all given a questionnaire with regards to who was vulnerable/ vulnerable household ... so today he got a message saying a select amout of workers were to return to work tomorrow, and the vulnerable/ vulnerable house hold will still be off work with full pay .
My partner his brother works for a golf course green keeper he was asked to go back to carry out non essential jobs he said no they didnt have an issue.

Reactions: 2
Online businesses or places that do delivery only can still open. Only shops or leisure businesses were told to close, not all nonessential businesses so if they have found a way to operate safely then they can reopen whenever they want. If your husband doesn’t want to return he will probably have to negotiate unpaid leave.

Reactions: 3
Is anyone else seeing a worrying amount of people that think it's been 3 weeks & lockdowns over. I'm sick of saying that the government said they would review it every 3 weeks. Not that it would be over in 3 weeks. I thought they even made it clear last week that we wouldn't hear about the extension until into this week. Scared all the hard work over the last 3 weeks will go to tit

Reactions: 10
I wonder why -1 for women?
A friend of mines son had Leukemia as a child and I remember then she said the hospital told her the treatment time is 3 years for boys and 2 years for girls as girls are stronger.

However, I do know more men than women are dying from coronavirus, so maybe it's something to do with that?

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Is there guideline for care homes with regards to ppe?
A care home where I live have the ppe yet have told staff they dont need to use it as there is no cases in the home... but surely they should be using it so they are not passing on to care home users ?

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
On a different note has anyone watched Andrea Bocelli’s Music for Hope concert he did yesterday? Its not normally something I would listen to but I really enjoyed it and found it moving and extremely haunting. Well worth a watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Online businesses or places that do delivery only can still open. Only shops or leisure businesses were told to close, not all nonessential businesses so if they have found a way to operate safely then they can reopen whenever they want. If your husband doesn’t want to return he will probably have to negotiate unpaid leave.
agree with this! If businesses are able to work safely then it’s in their interest to carry on, we all need to somewhat let the economy tick over

Reactions: 4
Online businesses or places that do delivery only can still open. Only shops or leisure businesses were told to close, not all nonessential businesses so if they have found a way to operate safely then they can reopen whenever they want. If your husband doesn’t want to return he will probably have to
negotiate unpaid leave.
Thank you, I appreciate your help

I’m not held responsible for any mishaps but I watched loads of videos on YouTube and it went ok. And then I thought well I won’t be seeing anyone for the foreseeable so if I duck it up I’ll be stuck in anyway!!
I’ve been toying with the idea of the shaved head 🙄 usually once 3 wines in of an evening

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Just a quick update! I've cut my boyfriend's hair and it looks pretty good, phew! It did go a bit Paul Wellery at one stage but I've sorted it so it only looks like a chewed chip. His scalp is intact 👍😉😬

• Haha
Reactions: 12
On a different note has anyone watched Andrea Bocelli’s Music for Hope concert he did yesterday? Its not normally something I would listen to but I really enjoyed it and found it moving and extremely haunting. Well worth a watch.
Balled my way through it.
Something about him being there with noone else in sight, where there'd usually be hundreds and hundreds of people.
He's amazing.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just a quick update! I've cut my boyfriend's hair and it looks pretty good, phew! It did go a bit Paul Wellery at one stage but I've sorted it so it only looks like a chewed chip. His scalp is intact 👍😉😬
After a rocky start my husband actually has a decent haircut. There were a few bald patches that in had to go back and blend better the next day but managed to save it! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.