Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #22

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bizarre question but has anyone else got random men dressing up in superhero costumes and running around the streets waving at housebound children in their area?!! We seem to have about 5 here! 😬
A few run clubs I follow have set challenges, fancy dress being one of them. Another is Strava art (making words or pictures with your daily exercise)

Tried making a mask from a scarf.
Cannot get it to work or stay on.
Very premenstrual and now got in a right pissy mood about it, threw tit mask at a wall had a cry and ate some easter egg.
duck all this honestly.
This entire situation is bleeping horrendous and I can't deal with it today 😭😭😭😭😭
I saw a video of a mask made from a sock with folded j cloth insert. Not much to go on but worth a Google.
Sock was white if that helps with suits that went over ears. Whilst wearing said mask see tried to blow out a flame without success 🙈

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
We decided to get takeaway pizza last night, our first takeaway for probably 2 months or so.

My husband went and picked it up. When he got home, I put the pizza on a pizza tray, and poured the dipping sauces into a bowl. My husband then binned the box outside and washed his hands thoroughly. Then we threw the pizza in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes to heat it more. It was a nice treat.

Reactions: 10
Noone should be made to feel bad comparing themselves to others during this lockdown. It's an artificial situation to be in, we wouldn't normally be spending this much time in our homes with our loved ones. This isn't normal. So whatever you do, be it sit in your garden for hours, watch TV all day, sleep until noon, whilst ignoring the mound of pots or weeds on the lawn, it's all ok. There will always be folk on social media portraying their lives as a perfect example but we don't get to see their kids screaming at each other, their pile of laundry or their tears and frustration. Noone is perfect, we're all human and we're all struggling in different ways, and anyone who tells you different is lying.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Those perfect Instamums? They are as fake as the followers that they buy.

chin up ladies, we are all doing our best. The fact that we are worrying proves that we are good parents xx

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Noone should be made to feel bad comparing themselves to others during this lockdown. It's an artificial situation to be in, we wouldn't normally be spending this much time in our homes with our loved ones. This isn't normal. So whatever you do, be it sit in your garden for hours, watch TV all day, sleep until noon, whilst ignoring the mound of pots or weeds on the lawn, it's all ok. There will always be folk on social media portraying their lives as a perfect example but we don't get to see their kids screaming at each other, their pile of laundry or their tears and frustration. Noone is perfect, we're all human and we're all struggling in different ways, and anyone who tells you different is lying.
If I could hug you I would! Amen to this! I’m tired of the school what’s app group showing the amazing super mums and then you see other mums stressing because their kids aren’t doing the same and I just want to say it’s ok!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@Spinidge I'm voting you for President when this is all over😘

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Ventured out fir my first walk in two weeks. Felt very surreal, so little traffic and few people. Planned my route so I only walked on roads that had pavement on both sides or wide verges. Kept eyes on horizon to anticipate crossings!
Worst bit was having to negotiate the alleyway off our estate!
But I feel better for it and will be doing most days as I feel I'm turning into the blob!😄

Reactions: 8
Had to laugh the other day when a mum sent a message obviously not for the school mum group slating her kids. She deleted it immediately but I said you’re only saying what we all feel at some time or another!

This really made me laugh

Hilarious 😂😂😂😂

Reactions: 5
My kids were screaming at each other earlier and my daughter called her brother a 'stink giraffe' because he tried to sit on her face.

I've given up. They don't usually fight, really he's too young, but her one-sided arguments with her brother amuse me, really. He's 14 months so can't argue back, poor guy. 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
My kids were screaming at each other earlier and my daughter called her brother a 'stink giraffe' because he tried to sit on her face.

I've given up. They don't usually fight, really he's too young, but her one-sided arguments with her brother amuse me, really. He's 14 months so can't argue back, poor guy. 😆
I had to take my daughter out separately as she just was at breaking point. I’ve mentioned my son has adhd and he really lacks empathy so when it’s 24/7 it’s challenging to handle. He doesn’t get sometimes we just need some space. It’s not his fault but it’s hard to handle. We had such a lovely walk just me and her. She’s only 4 and she does very well with him she’s very understanding but it’s a lot under these circumstances. I’m going to try and do that again if he’ll let us because she really needed it. He went out with my husband so got his bike ride too.

• Heart

my 4 year old called Prince Charming (the one in shrek) a jerk that’s how her days going 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Filed under ROI crap...but this is cute.

RTÉ will air a special ceremony of remembrance today, as a mark of respect for all those who have died from Covid-19 at this time as well as those others whose funerals have been affected by the current restrictions.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yes, it's always lower on Sunday/Mondays due to less testing in the labs over the weekend I think.

However, of the number of England deaths released today these are when the deaths occurred:

Of the latest deaths recorded, 118 occurred on 12 April while 537 took place between 1 April and 11 April.

The remaining 12 deaths happened last month, going back as far as 26 March.
Wow really? So that total isn’t all from yesterday?

Reactions: 2

STINK GIRAFFE 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
You hit the nail on the head in your very first sentence.

Those posts you’re looking at aren’t real life, they are “insta“ life.
I mean seriously, who has a bloody vase on their hob in real life? You’re more likely to find bits of last night’s dinner prep on mine! It’s all bullshit, believe me.

Step away from the guilt, if your children are happy watching TV then let them.

Re the chores, don’t worry they’ll still be there tomorrow.
When you’re in a better place I can highly recommend The Organised Mum Method (TOMM), it sets out a daily routine which really helps. Whilst the children are off, ask them to help too.
If they each did 10 minutes a day to help that’s 30 minutes total housework a day with little inconvenience to them but would make a huge impact to you. I’m sure they’d be willing if you just asked.
I found with that age group if, for example, you asked them to clean the whole bathroom then you’d get complaints because to them it seems like a huge chore. However, if you asked them to just clean the wash basin then they’d do it because it’s such a quick job. Then the next day, ask them to clean the bath. The next day the toilet and so on... After a few days the whole bathroom would have been cleaned. It doesn’t all have to be done on the same day, the end result is the same. It’s just a change of mindset.

Look after yourself xx
Thank you so much. Such great advice, thank you. I shall try that. They all help bless them, they’ve an assigned job each day which does help a lot. I will tr to throw another little job I’m like you suggested as it’ll help me a lot.

I do need to cut myself some slack and stop comparing myself to these instagrammers who seem to be healthy mentally and physically, and seem to be mum of the year.

Thank you for replying to me, I appreciate it. This morning ended in a panic attack and I’m only just feeling better. The Asda shop arrived and it took my husband 2 hours to wipe it all down and longer to put it away, it’s so stressful and I ended up feeling overwhelmed about this mess life is at the moment. I have good and bad days right now, I guess we all do. 💖💖 xxx

Reactions: 3
Filed under ROI crap...but this is cute.

RTÉ will air a special ceremony of remembrance today, as a mark of respect for all those who have died from Covid-19 at this time as well as those others whose funerals have been affected by the current restrictions.
There's a care home near me they had 6 cases and 1 person died last week, and I've just saw the remaining 5 died yesterday very sad all their pics attached to the obituary's brings it home when you can put a face to the number ..Terrible for all those family's 😥

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.