Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #22

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe tougher controls 😑
Hopefully not, but needs must. I think more of the same, extended by two weeks. Then, maybe , some workers able to return to work but definitely no schools or bars and restaurants opening.

Yesterday was four weeks for my family as my daughter was sent home from school with a temperature on the Monday before schools closed. As much as I’m as ready as many to get back to some kind of normal, a vast majority of the nation have followed the guidelines and it would be awful to jump the gun and undo all of the good work.

Reactions: 5
Hopefully not, but needs must. I think more of the same, extended by two weeks. Then, maybe , some workers able to return to work but definitely no schools or bars and restaurants opening.

Yesterday was four weeks for my family as my daughter was sent home from school with a temperature on the Monday before schools closed. As much as I’m as ready as many to get back to some kind of normal, a vast majority of the nation have followed the guidelines and it would be awful to jump the gun and undo all of the good work.
It certainly will ! I see an MP is calling on schools to open by the end of May

• Wow
Reactions: 3

Yeah I agree.
I also think there's a reason why furlough was put in place for 3 months.
If anything I can imagine bars, pubs etc hitting the back end of the 3 months before they reopen.
Can't wait to normality to resume however itd be foolish if they prematurely opened everything.
Albeit the economy is going to be more fucked the longer this goes on.

My 4 year old called me Carole Baskin today.
Omgggg that's hilarious.
Didn't kill your husband and feed him to the tigers did you?

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She’s not sure ( about as much use as a chocolate teapots 🙄). Says it depends what it’s for, if it’s for a chest problem she says that would be more of a concern.
Aww that’s ok, thank you for asking 😊Yeah I’ve just phoned 111 and they told me to contact GP, they said it’s ok as the antibiotic is for a cyst.

It certainly will ! I see an MP is calling on schools to open by the end of May
I honestly think schools will be September that’s what I’ve got in my head , anything earlier is a bonus - as long as it’s safe for all involved to do so. My guess is we will be influenced by how other countries phase schooling back in.

Yeah I agree.
If anything I can imagine bars, pubs etc hitting the back end of the 3 months before they reopen.
Can't wait to normality to resume however itd be foolish if they prematurely opened everything.

Omgggg that's hilarious.
Didn't kill your husband and feed him to the tigers did you?
smeared him in sardine oil first obvs x

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Something made me laugh today. Hubby bathed the dogs yesterday, left their dog shampoo bar on the side. I just was having a shower and noticed it had moved as he forgot to put it back in its packet. I sent a Snapchat video asking if any of the kids had used it, my daughter said ‘I have used it in the shower, why? It’s not the dogs is it?’ 😂😂😂 I said ‘ it’s the dogs shampoo but don’t worry it’s all natural essential oils, it repels fleas, but it has been rubbed all over the dogs 😂’She’s fuming 😂 She just came in and said ‘ I used that all over my body, thats been on the dogs bits, I’m going for a long hot shower now ‘ 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Hi all, can someone help solve this? I’ve googled and not getting clarification. My husband was furloughed (as was I) because we work for non essential business. My husband had a message last week from his employer that they were considering reopening with minimal staff next week (tomorrow) this evening He contacted his employer to confirm he was back at work Tomorrow even though the government has not lifted lockdown and was told from his employer that yes see you at 7:30am!
Does he have to go? Can they sack him if he says no? It’s a shed company (make and sell sheds) they said they are not reopening for the public just for minimal staff to carry on with production. Thanks in advance for any help 🙏

• Wow
Reactions: 1
The problem with schools and I say this as a teacher who would much rather have her pupils in front of her rather than trying to do it through a computer screen is there is ZERO way to socially distance.

The classrooms are too small with too many kids in at once. I'm secondary and mostly teaching over 14 years old and while they would listen to me due to their age Primary teachers would really struggle to keep the younger ones apart. So social distancing would require more classrooms and more teachers which lets be honest won't happen.

Then even with the classrooms taken out the corridors are 10 times worse. They might ask well be licking each others hands with how busy they are multiple times a day.

Barring all of that our seniors have had all their exams cancelled and I doubt the government Scottish or UK would put them back now when the exams could have still gone ahead. They have fucked a number of these kids over by doing it and the backlash would be insane.

But what do I know. I will be interested generally with how they are going to slowly lift the restrictions and Nicola Sturgeon said they were planning that out.

Reactions: 11
You’d be Suprised how many people I’ve seen on social media thinking that it’ll be back to normal now these initial three weeks are up
I know, as we watched the update Dominic Raab said about the majority of people following the guidelines, my husband said he should be saying and those of you that aren’t are prolonging it for everyone else. The ones that aren't following the guidelines probably don’t even watch the updates and have no idea of the reality, or they don’t give a toss. You are right, if you see what some people post, on other forums, they think they are still going on all of their planned trips and nights out.

Reactions: 10

I think we’ll have extended as we are and see how we go.
I’ve had a tit day today, but I really feel like it’s such a waste if we just snap back to it. All I hear when I watch the briefings is we need enough data to be confident that we are through what they expect to be the worst.

I don’t think any leisure or entertainment industries will be opening until June personally.
Yeah I agree.
this basically all over. They want three clear months before we’ll start an exit strategy.
I think we’ll be watching Spain and Italy closely and see how they get on in the next few weeks

Reactions: 7
I’ve just seen this on the channel 4 news. They said anyone scoring over 8 would not be top of the list for ITU care.
F5192F6C-01F5-42CD-98AB-6C2F3BBE24BD.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: 4
There's a young guy shares these on my local info page he studies the progression
92874890_10157231967438994_8308320879255748608_o.jpg
92995903_10157231978248994_4515953241803980800_n.jpg
93025349_10157231968813994_7984505805703479296_o.jpg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.