Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Its a proper roller coaster and there is no clue as to how the day will work out. Im really missing interaction with my friends and on the flip side missing time on my own. One minute I’m laughing , the next I feel like there’s no end in sight . I’ve had more things cancelled then I care to think about, it’s a bit like life has been cancelled for the foreseeable. Then I have to remind myself that my Scenario is really not they bad. Don’t expect too much of yourself , it’s ok to have an off day. This will pass, but when we are living it, it’s tough .
I’m finding it so difficult. I never had loads of money - I used to take her to Tesco to get a free apple and have a wander. Now I’m anxious about taking her outside and I just feel trapped. I love her so much but with only a 2 year old to talk to, I’m finding myself looking forward to dinner and bed just to get the day over with.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
The queuing to get into the supermarket is stressful in itself, then you have the bother of trying to get your shopping but you cant get half because the selves are bloody empty. :mad:

Then about a hour after Id got home I realised Id forgotten to get any Gin. :oops:
Oh No ! lockdown's bad enough but lockdown without Gin unthinkable !! ...you'll have to 👏 and 🎶Y.M.C.A:mwithout ;)

Reactions: 3
I feel the same way, am in a similar situation. Having to constantly interact with a young child and keep everything else running smoothly along with the niggling worries and stress about the situation and none of our usual outlets is overwhelming. It seems like a (sadly) normal experience, I know it’s not forever but it’s hard to believe that when you’re in the thick of it :( Better to acknowledge these emotions rather than bottle them up though
It’s so hard :( they just want so much interaction (because they’re getting nothing from anyone else) but I’m struggling to cope with constant demands and having someone on me all the time. I also don’t have proper conversations either. My husband doesn’t come down til dinner time, then it’s her bed time and after that I’m just exhausted and can’t muster any energy at all.

• Sad
They're saying lockdown until May ? the peak at least 10 days away ?

Reactions: 3
I’m finding it so difficult. I never had loads of money - I used to take her to Tesco to get a free apple and have a wander. Now I’m anxious about taking her outside and I just feel trapped. I love her so much but with only a 2 year old to talk to, I’m finding myself looking forward to dinner and bed just to get the day over with.
I really feel for you and I totally get where you are coming from. I used to look forward to nap times and bed times too, I think most parents, if they are honest, have felt this way. It can be lonely just having a toddler for company, do what you need to do but again, please don’t be so hard on yourself. This is such a forced situation and not everyone is finding it easy, and that’s ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It’s so hard :( they just want so much interaction (because they’re getting nothing from anyone else) but I’m struggling to cope with constant demands and having someone on me all the time. I also don’t have proper conversations either. My husband doesn’t come down til dinner time, then it’s her bed time and after that I’m just exhausted and can’t muster any energy at all.
I know how that feels, mine has become more demanding too and nothing I do feels good enough. If I try to take a couple minutes break I feel like I’m ignoring her, even if she’s happily occupied on her own. Do you have friends you could speak to? I’ve started talking on the phone to mine, makes us feel a bit more human even though we have nothing much to talk about

Can relate to the exhaustion too, my daughter doesn’t like sleeping alone so I often give in and go to bed early, don’t have the energy to fight it

Reactions: 8
Its really hard. I find myself feeling impatient with my 3 Yr old boy when he's constantly asking me to play Avengers with him when I have to sweep up crumbs from his 400th snack of the day!! I keep trying to tell myself to be glad I'm home with him and not having a key worker job and be away from him. But every single person will feel the same. Good days and bad days. At least we can come on here and vent and get some support and in between some laughs xx

Reactions: 11
I had a pop up supposed to be a cobra meeting tomorrow ?
Yes they did mention a cobra meeting tomorrow at the briefing this evening but they've not yet said how long the current restrictions will be extended for I don't think

Reactions: 1
Its really hard. I find myself feeling impatient with my 3 Yr old boy when he's constantly asking me to play Avengers with him when I have to sweep up crumbs from his 400th snack of the day!! I keep trying to tell myself to be glad I'm home with him and not having a key worker job and be away from him. But every single person will feel the same. Good days and bad days. At least we can come on here and vent and get some support and in between some laughs xx
Do you think the ROI are going into a tougher lockdown we're not allowed over the border for diesel etc ..have you heard anything ?

I am so bleeping annoyed with my neighbours. Syrian refuges. Family in the house next door and another 5 ish in a house opposite.
It's 10.30 at night and not only have they been constantly in and out of each others houses all day but they are currently having a bonfire in the garden (in the house opposite) and STILL bleeping mingling.

I'm angry eating chocolate and curtain twitching in full on rage

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I'm not sure how much I trust these numbers, a neighbour of my dad's passed away recently very out of the blue. He was in his 50s, fit and healthy. A neighbour went to check on him and found him. They are labelling the death as covid19 despite him not having tested positive at any point and they won't be testing him as he has already passed 🤔
No way is that true, any sudden and unexpected death has to be investigated by both the police and the coroner. A post-mortem will definitely be carried out in these circumstances.

I am so bleeping annoyed with my neighbours. Syrian refuges. Family in the house next door and another 5 ish in a house opposite.
It's 10.30 at night and not only have they been constantly in and out of each others houses all day but they are currently having a bonfire in the garden (in the house opposite) and STILL bleeping mingling.

I'm angry eating chocolate and curtain twitching in full on rage
You can report that, I know it's not something that feels nice but they are putting other people at risk with their behaviour. Hopefully a word from the authorities will do the job.

That's awful for his family (if he had any) No closure. Will there be any sort of post mortem at this god awful time?
Definitely, and the police will investigate (my husband works for police) - the person could have died of anything and foul play has to be ruled out in any sudden and unexpected death.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Yes they did mention a cobra meeting tomorrow at the briefing this evening but they've not yet said how long the current restrictions will be extended for I don't think
Wales have confirmed an extra week of lockdown and the Cobr meeting is to discuss the exit strategy and how to approach lifting restrictions.

I reckon they need to start filtering more people out once they've peaked so they can prepare the next wave of people to catch it and if they can get schools etc open again, then they can close and lockdown again for the 6 weeks summer hols.

Reactions: 4
Dr Gregor Smith (depute chief medical officer for Scotland) did mention that he was concerned that people would be afraid to approach hospitals if they were feeling unwell, and reassured everyone that no matter the current situation, everyone should not feel they have to stay away if they have pains, bleeding, or other health ailments that were not usual. I wonder if people are actually doing that...staying away and trying to hope things get better on their own......
My dad has a issue that is really needing a doctor opinion / further investigation. That he has only finally told my mum about as he was becoming depressed more and more each day . Finally my mum got it out of him . 4/5 weeks he found a lump but only managed to tell my mum now. He is point blank refusing to go to the doctors or even phone because of the coronavirus, when he really should . He doesnt want to put himself at risk even though this is really important

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I think when they said 3 weeks and they'd review measures a lot of people only focused on 3 weeks. The very vulnerable were told 12 weeks for a reason. I'm not surprised if it'll last longer. It's been 3 weeks on Monday, it would be normal to have a meeting about it. I'm a worrier but that's my thoughts

Reactions: 12
I think when they said 3 weeks and they'd review measures a lot of people only focused on 3 weeks. The very vulnerable were told 12 weeks for a reason. I'm not surprised if it'll last longer. It's been 3 weeks on Monday, it would be normal to have a meeting about it. I'm a worrier but that's my thoughts
I agree, same with the furlough scheme being 3 months. They knew from the start it’d be much longer than 3 weeks but didn’t want to make people panic

My dad has a issue that is really needing a doctor opinion / further investigation. That he has only finally told my mum about as he was becoming depressed more and more each day . Finally my mum got it out of him . 4/5 weeks he found a lump but only managed to tell my mum now. He is point blank refusing to go to the doctors or even phone because of the coronavirus, when he really should . He doesnt want to put himself at risk even though this is really important
Bless him. He must at least make contact with the doctors surgery, they may offer him a telephone appointment in the first instance.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.