Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know two people who work in A&E Departments in UK and both have said how quiet it is and that they have capacity but are ready for when it gets busy but as of now, they are very quiet. I get that there will not be as many A&E patients due to people not having RTA's etc but like it says in the article, there are normally a lot of other emergencies like heart attacks and strokes. Interesting!
Could be blood pressure related, a lot of people have had to slow down sit and relax

Reactions: 10
Feel a bit like that, and I really enjoy being indoors. I'm a real introvert and hate going out lol. I think it's cause we're all just stuck inside our own heads. Normally I have activities to distract me from me and my own brain lol. Now we're all just constantly in our own minds and there's no way of breaking it and being logical cause its just us. Does that make sense?
I'm the same, Total introvert with plenty of hobbies and projects to be getting on with, but just can't seem to settle into anything. Normally I would relish some time off, but not like this. I haven't even got any kind of routine going yet and its been almost 3 weeks.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm the same, Total introvert with plenty of hobbies and projects to be getting on with, but just can't seem to settle into anything. Normally I would relish some time off, but not like this. I haven't even got any kind of routine going yet and its been almost 3 weeks.
Me too. I am a big reader, have a paint-set, Netflix but I can't focus. I almost feel like my worry is causing me to procrastinate even hobbies. I was talking to my husband about it this morning and got upset as I feel so useless. We are in a privileged situation and I feel I should be making the most of it but am not.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Any decent person wouldn't ...
I know, of course. it makes my blood boil. I can’t comprehend even knowing anyone like that either. Ugh. If that was my grandmother I know even know what I’d do!!

Me too. I am a big reader, have a paint-set, Netflix but I can't focus. I almost feel like my worry is causing me to procrastinate even hobbies. I was talking to my husband about it this morning and got upset as I feel so useless. We are in a privileged situation and I feel I should be making the most of it but am not.
Don’t feel hard on yourself. It’s just about getting through each day to the next at the moment x

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I know, of course. it makes my blood boil. I can’t comprehend even knowing anyone like that either. Ugh. If that was my grandmother I know even know what I’d do!!

Don’t feel hard on yourself. It’s just about getting through each day to the next at the moment x
Yes it's disgusting anyone could do that !

Reactions: 1
I know two people who work in A&E Departments in UK and both have said how quiet it is and that they have capacity but are ready for when it gets busy but as of now, they are very quiet. I get that there will not be as many A&E patients due to people not having RTA's etc but like it says in the article, there are normally a lot of other emergencies like heart attacks and strokes. Interesting!
Dr Gregor Smith (depute chief medical officer for Scotland) did mention that he was concerned that people would be afraid to approach hospitals if they were feeling unwell, and reassured everyone that no matter the current situation, everyone should not feel they have to stay away if they have pains, bleeding, or other health ailments that were not usual. I wonder if people are actually doing that...staying away and trying to hope things get better on their own......

Reactions: 15
I think I hit a wall today. Only a bit but today was my first bad day.

Started off great, washing in by7.30am. Then headed out to Aldi, queued for about 20 mins, no bother. But I did also need to go to Morrison’s which is literally across the road. So I did. And it took me an hour to get in. This was early on as well. I can only think it’s Easter weekend coming up and it’s been a couple of weeks since the lockdown so everyone’s running out of stuff.

And then because it took me an age to do the shopping I was all stressed because I could’ve got 2 loads of washing out and on the line by now and what about the bathrooms that I was going to do and then there’s the jobs on the lockdown list I’ve created, and my kids are still in their pjs and my eldest hasn’t even opened a window or left his room, and.........

And so I gave myself permission to do feck all for a couple of hours and decompress. I’ve no work at the moment but DH is so we are keeping afloat and fine. But it’s the feeling I should be doing something at all times that I struggle to shake.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I think many A & E departments are less busy because it has kept some people away who ordinarily might have gone there for medical help for minor reasons.

Reactions: 13
same. Im a real bookworm but haven’t been able to pick one up since all this. Im too easily distracted at the moment.

Reactions: 12

Started off great, washing in by7.30am. Then headed out to Aldi, queued for about 20 mins, no bother. But I did also need to go to Morrison’s which is literally across the road. So I did. And it took me an hour to get in. This was early on as well. I can only think it’s Easter weekend coming up and it’s been a couple of weeks since the lockdown so everyone’s running out of stuff.

And then because it took me an age to do the shopping I was all stressed because I could’ve got 2 loads of washing out and on the line by now and what about the bathrooms that I was going to do and then there’s the jobs on the lockdown list I’ve created, and my kids are still in their pjs and my eldest hasn’t even opened a window or left his room, and.........

And so I gave myself permission to do feck all for a couple of hours and decompress. I’ve no work at the moment but DH is so we are keeping afloat and fine. But it’s the feeling I should be doing something at all times that I struggle to shake.
Ahh stop putting so much pressure on yourself lovely.
The fact you had washing in by 7.30am when most of us hadn't even poured water in our coffee that point shows you're doing a brilliant job.
There's no rule book, just do what you can when you can. If you want to do absolutely nothing, do so, without guilt!!
❤

Reactions: 24

You are doing well, as others have said there’s no rule Book. I started well, cleared/tidied the shed, stripped the beds, then made Lego with my youngest and sat in the garden for hours. Theres enough pressure on everyone right now, go easy on yourself

Reactions: 10
Anyone else having up and down days? One minute I’m positive then the next (like today), I can’t see a light at the end of the tunnel 😩
I was sobbing today because I just feel hopeless. I have days where I can put full effort into keeping the house clean, have activities out for my daughter, lovely food on the table and others (like today) where I’m getting so overwhelmed and so starved of interaction (I have my 2 year old at home, and my husband who is working from 8-9 to 5:30-6) that I’m just not able to cope.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Dr Gregor Smith (depute chief medical officer for Scotland) did mention that he was concerned that people would be afraid to approach hospitals if they were feeling unwell, and reassured everyone that no matter the current situation, everyone should not feel they have to stay away if they have pains, bleeding, or other health ailments that were not usual. I wonder if people are actually doing that...staying away and trying to hope things get better on their own......
My husband has been suffering with tonsillitis and this evening has been horrific he is really swollen, can't swallow at all not even water so he's been told to go to a&e by the urgent care team. I'm so worried I have to stay home with our son (probably wouldn't have been allowed in with him anyway)

• Sad
Reactions: 11
They are my grandmother won't attend her hospital appointment. She's cancelled and they've reschedued. She's told them why she's scared

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I was sobbing today because I just feel hopeless. I have days where I can put full effort into keeping the house clean, have activities out for my daughter, lovely food on the table and others (like today) where I’m getting so overwhelmed and so starved of interaction (I have my 2 year old at home, and my husband who is working from 8-9 to 5:30-6) that I’m just not able to cope.
Its a proper roller coaster and there is no clue as to how the day will work out. Im really missing interaction with my friends and on the flip side missing time on my own. One minute I’m laughing , the next I feel like there’s no end in sight . I’ve had more things cancelled then I care to think about, it’s a bit like life has been cancelled for the foreseeable. Then I have to remind myself that my Scenario is really not they bad. Don’t expect too much of yourself , it’s ok to have an off day. This will pass, but when we are living it, it’s tough .

The queuing to get into the supermarket is stressful in itself, then you have the bother of trying to get your shopping but you cant get half because the selves are bloody empty. :mad:

Then about a hour after Id got home I realised Id forgotten to get any Gin. :oops:

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Most of us having up & down days, It’s perfectly normal 😏 It helps to stay away from media reports, and get out for a walk or listen to music. The Weather has really helped me today, So why do I find myself watching channel 4 dispatches 🙈 ffs

Reactions: 12
I feel the same way, am in a similar situation. Having to constantly interact with a young child and keep everything else running smoothly along with the niggling worries and stress about the situation and none of our usual outlets is overwhelming. It seems like a (sadly) normal experience, I know it’s not forever but it’s hard to believe that when you’re in the thick of it :( Better to acknowledge these emotions rather than bottle them up though

Reactions: 8
I actually sat in the sunshine for 4 hours this afternoon and sunbathed! Completely unheard of for me normally and I have so many things I should be doing but I just sat and thought and browsed online and I feel really good for it now!
Don’t beat yourself up! x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.