Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No way is that true, any sudden and unexpected death has to be investigated by both the police and the coroner. A post-mortem will definitely be carried out in these circumstances.

You can report that, I know it's not something that feels nice but they are putting other people at risk with their behaviour. Hopefully a word from the authorities will do the job.

Definitely, and the police will investigate (my husband works for police) - the person could have died of anything and foul play has to be ruled out in any sudden and unexpected death.
Thankyou, it will be confidential won't it so my dad won't be told the cause of death?
He saw the man the evening before he was found ☹

Reactions: 2
I agree, same with the furlough scheme being 3 months. They knew from the start it’d be much longer than 3 weeks but didn’t want to make people panic
I'm still panicking, but I just new it would last longer. I'm not sure how sticker lockdown can get but it can definitely be longer

Reactions: 1
I really feel for you and I totally get where you are coming from. I used to look forward to nap times and bed times too, I think most parents, if they are honest, have felt this way. It can be lonely just having a toddler for company, do what you need to do but again, please don’t be so hard on yourself. This is such a forced situation and not everyone is finding it easy, and that’s ok.
I wish she still napped! It’s a whole day and she gets so whingey and I can’t really take her for a change of scenery apart from a short walk where she’s not allowed to touch anything or see anyone. I feel so bad for her. I had just started a new job after being home with her for a year and she had started at preschool and had little mates and suddenly it’s all been taken away.

Its really hard. I find myself feeling impatient with my 3 Yr old boy when he's constantly asking me to play Avengers with him when I have to sweep up crumbs from his 400th snack of the day!! I keep trying to tell myself to be glad I'm home with him and not having a key worker job and be away from him. But every single person will feel the same. Good days and bad days. At least we can come on here and vent and get some support and in between some laughs xx
Yes I’m finding I’m snapping when she repeats stuff to me - like if she wants something and I don’t instantly get it or whatever. Or her asking me to play aeroplanes all day. It’s awful for her but argh I just can’t!! I need a break!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
My dad has a issue that is really needing a doctor opinion / further investigation. That he has only finally told my mum about as he was becoming depressed more and more each day . Finally my mum got it out of him . 4/5 weeks he found a lump but only managed to tell my mum now. He is point blank refusing to go to the doctors or even phone because of the coronavirus, when he really should . He doesnt want to put himself at risk even though this is really important
The GP here are open as normal for things exactly like that, they're only letting a few patients in at any one time .The front doors remain closed .I'd think it would be the same everywhere .Their taking every precaution try and encourage him to make an appointment it will put his mind at ease, and stop him worrying..most of these things are harmless..

Reactions: 8
I know how that feels, mine has become more demanding too and nothing I do feels good enough. If I try to take a couple minutes break I feel like I’m ignoring her, even if she’s happily occupied on her own. Do you have friends you could speak to? I’ve started talking on the phone to mine, makes us feel a bit more human even though we have nothing much to talk about

Can relate to the exhaustion too, my daughter doesn’t like sleeping alone so I often give in and go to bed early, don’t have the energy to fight it
Not really - I have my mum but she is still working and often makes excuses to get off the phone. I do have a couple of WhatsApp groups but it’s not proper conversation. The friends I do have aren’t really the types to have a conversation over the phone with. I feel so bad for my daughter. I try really hard, have all these things to do but some days I just can’t muster the energy for it all. And the cleaning. So much cleaning.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Do you think the ROI are going into a tougher lockdown we're not allowed over the border for diesel etc ..have you heard anything ?
I seen a thing saying something about them putting road blocks up on motorways to stop people going away for Easter but I don't know how true it was. Or if it would be put into affect at the border. So hard to know

Reactions: 5
Wales have confirmed an extra week of lockdown and the Cobr meeting is to discuss the exit strategy and how to approach lifting restrictions.

I reckon they need to start filtering more people out once they've peaked so they can prepare the next wave of people to catch it and if they can get schools etc open again, then they can close and lockdown again for the 6 weeks summer hols.
I personally can't see schools opening before the 6 weeks holidays.

Reactions: 7
I seen a thing saying something about them putting road blocks up on motorways to stop people going away for Easter but I don't know how true it was. Or if it would be put into affect at the border. So hard to know
Yes just saw it on Facebook noone's allowed over the guards were all over today Lifford ,Bridgend etc we're not even allowed over to fill the car for the forseeable they've said..My husband travels over there every night for work but they've given him a letter that he has to keep on him at all times..

• Wow
I wonder if they are planning tougher restrictions for the weekend 🤔 Let's face it, if they don't, the idiots are going to be out in force 🙄

Reactions: 17
I wish she still napped! It’s a whole day and she gets so whingey and I can’t really take her for a change of scenery apart from a short walk where she’s not allowed to touch anything or see anyone. I feel so bad for her. I had just started a new job after being home with her for a year and she had started at preschool and had little mates and suddenly it’s all been taken away.

Yes I’m finding I’m snapping when she repeats stuff to me - like if she wants something and I don’t instantly get it or whatever. Or her asking me to play aeroplanes all day. It’s awful for her but argh I just can’t!! I need a break!
Its really not easy. I've been trying to stick to his nursery routine. Breakfast at 8ish, play for a while and then let him watch something on Disney or YouTube while I get him a snack and make myself a cuppa around 10.30. Then repeat until 12.30 for lunch. Then repeat again and have snack around 3 then repeat and have dinner at 5.
Then we go for a walk just a 30 mins loop round our road and back home for a last play before bedtime routine.
Its so hard to think of things to do with him.
I got loads of cheap art supplies in pound land before lock down and also do baking (but I'm running out of baking essentials so none today!) I'm trying to drag every bit of entertainment out as long as I can but at that age they lose interest in everything so quick.

Yes just saw it on Facebook noone's allowed over the guards were all over today Lifford ,Bridgend etc we're not even allowed over to fill the car for the forseeable they've said..My husband travels over there every night for work but they've given him a letter that he has to keep on him at all times..
Scary thinking about it. When they first got put on lockdown before us I thought it might happen then. My friends fiance works in Dublin during the week and he was worried he wouldn't be able to go to work but it was grand. Hes been furloughed now anyway

Reactions: 6
I wonder if they are planning tougher restrictions for the weekend 🤔 Let's face it, if they don't, the idiots are going to be out in force 🙄
I don’t know how much stricter they can be, honestly. If they don’t allow us out to exercise then we will all be (even more) miserable. They could bring the Army in but they can’t be present on everyone’s street as there just aren’t enough soldiers.

Its really not easy. I've been trying to stick to his nursery routine. Breakfast at 8ish, play for a while and then let him watch something on Disney or YouTube while I get him a snack and make myself a cuppa around 10.30. Then repeat until 12.30 for lunch. Then repeat again and have snack around 3 then repeat and have dinner at 5.
Then we go for a walk just a 30 mins loop round our road and back home for a last play before bedtime routine.
Its so hard to think of things to do with him.
I got loads of cheap art supplies in pound land before lock down and also do baking (but I'm running out of baking essentials so none today!) I'm trying to drag every bit of entertainment out as long as I can but at that age they lose interest in everything so quick.
A basin of water and some baby bath throw a few toys and plastic cups in ,keeps them busy for a while ...or a bubble machine mine used to enjoy things like that

I don’t know how much stricter they can be, honestly. If they don’t allow us out to exercise then we will all be (even more) miserable. They could bring the Army in but they can’t be present on everyone’s street as there just aren’t enough soldiers.
They might have to at some point if some people still won't listen.

To me it looked like the WHO couldn't have been clearer how serious it was and were saying countries were not taking it seriously enough when trump was busy saying it was fake news or whatever.

Reactions: 16

To me it looked like the WHO couldn't have been clearer how serious it was and were saying countries were not taking it seriously enough when trump was busy saying it was fake news or whatever.
He's said he's stopping the funding they get from America..

• Wow
Reactions: 4

Can you imagine being so narcissistic that you think you know better about HEALTH response as a businessman who is essentially a conman than the WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION!!!!

Ffs

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Dr Gregor Smith (depute chief medical officer for Scotland) did mention that he was concerned that people would be afraid to approach hospitals if they were feeling unwell, and reassured everyone that no matter the current situation, everyone should not feel they have to stay away if they have pains, bleeding, or other health ailments that were not usual. I wonder if people are actually doing that...staying away and trying to hope things get better on their own......
I can confirm I am doing this. I had a realisation earlier that its irrational to think this virus is the only thing Dr's and hospitals are dealing with currently. I'm sure there are plenty of others doing the exact same as me.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
*Sorry for the subject matter but a few of us have been discussing statistics.*
I'm not sure how reliable this data is on the link, but it does make for interesting reading. They suggest that we currently, are significantly lower than where we were in 2018 in terms of death rates and the figures for non COVID-19 related deaths have fallen since March 13th.

Reactions: 1
Not really - I have my mum but she is still working and often makes excuses to get off the phone. I do have a couple of WhatsApp groups but it’s not proper conversation. The friends I do have aren’t really the types to have a conversation over the phone with. I feel so bad for my daughter. I try really hard, have all these things to do but some days I just can’t muster the energy for it all. And the cleaning. So much cleaning.
I have a toddler so I feel you, except we still go to work (he comes with me) lately we got a bag of sand to play with or his water table (if not a bowl of water with some toys) and that seems to keep him busy. But every child is different, every parent still needs a break. Don’t be tough on yourself, you are doing your best and I’m sure you’re meeting all her needs. It doesn’t hurt them to be bored a little sometimes but it’s all well and good saying that when you’ve not got mummmmmmyyyyyyyy in your ear 24/7 🤪
Take an evening for yourself, read a book/ have a bath and reset xx

• Heart
My husband has been suffering with tonsillitis and this evening has been horrific he is really swollen, can't swallow at all not even water so he's been told to go to a&e by the urgent care team. I'm so worried I have to stay home with our son (probably wouldn't have been allowed in with him anyway)
I hope your husbands okay?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.