Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone else having up and down days? One minute I’m positive then the next (like today), I can’t see a light at the end of the tunnel 😩
There honestly is a light at the end but it's very long tunnel. What we need to focus on is the fact that we are all in this together. We are all having our own nightmare and that's all it is. We will pull through this as we have in the past.... Try not to worry about the greater picture, just one day at a time. Xxxxx

Reactions: 24
Sainsbury’s are taking this seriously just witnessed a family of three adults being kicked out because you’re only allowed one in per family to shop! The guy told them twice and they didn’t really take any notice so he said that’s it you cannot come in please leave.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Anyone else having up and down days? One minute I’m positive then the next (like today), I can’t see a light at the end of the tunnel 😩
Feel a bit like that, and I really enjoy being indoors. I'm a real introvert and hate going out lol. I think it's cause we're all just stuck inside our own heads. Normally I have activities to distract me from me and my own brain lol. Now we're all just constantly in our own minds and there's no way of breaking it and being logical cause its just us. Does that make sense?

Reactions: 24
Was expecting high death figures today, but not quite that high. I don't think Italy or Spain have had daily figures that bad.

Condolences and prayers to all that have lost loved ones. 🙏

We have to get through this.

Reactions: 14
I have mentioned this before but the normal average deaths should in theory be lower than usual as most people are staying home so you should see a reduction in traffic accidents, work accidents, and shielding should be stopping those most at risk from catching normal flu and other viruses as well as Covid-19. So you have to take that into consideration as well when you see say there are 500 more deaths than last year at this time in reality that could actually be 750 more. Does that make sense ?
And it’s too early for proper research but this article is so interesting.
Doctors all over America, and in Spain (and my friend who works in cardiology in London) reporting heart attack numbers appear to be down
Various theories why - but plenty of theories that suggest they should be more frequent, so pretty surprising overall

Reactions: 5
If you are in London, I’ve found a New Covent Garden company that does free delivery of boxes of food. They also have an Instagram account. Looks to be very good value. Www.ortaggi.co.uk

Here’s an uplifting story for us all from channel 4 news - 98, almost 99 year old woman catches COVID... and recovers!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Sainsbury’s are taking this seriously just witnessed a family of three adults being kicked out because you’re only allowed one in per family to shop! The guy told them twice and they didn’t really take any notice so he said that’s it you cannot come in please leave.
I wish they would do that at my Asda - just got back and there was a family of 5 plus child aged about 4 trudging round slowly blocking the aisles and touching stuff.. Ridiculous.
The thing that is making me very upset at the moment is hearing about the elderly people dying in care homes. Poor things, it must be so frightening. So bloody unfair they get to an old age to have this horrible disease and their friends dying around them. And their carers are just amazing - awful for them too. I'm so lucky with my mum, she is 88 and has been isolating for about 3 weeks. She lives alone on the farm but has plenty of food and good neighbours. She gets bored and lonely but I think a lot of people are. And it could be so much worse ☹.

• Sad
Why would fewer be dying though?

Sorry I’m tired I’m probably just completely misunderstanding 😂
I think it's because,for example... In Lincolnshire we have a sign at the side of the A roads (they call it the red route) and they tell you the death toll up to now for the year, compared with last year. I actually commented the other day about the fact that, I bet so many lives have been saved because of the roads being quieter.. We unfortunately have 34 lost souls lost from coronavirus in the whole of Lincolnshire, but the road toll would be far worse. 😔

• Sad
Hi everyone,
Checking in for the first time today. Got to say I am so grateful for this corner of the internet where we get to discuss this in a rational way and also a place to talk about our fears.
I got up this morning, did a workout and made a smoothie for lunch. Something so small felt like such a treat.
I am struggling today, it snowed again overnight where I am in Canada and the ground is still really frozen. It feels like spring is so far away. It would be nice to get out into the garden and plant some flowers, etc. I am going to look into seeding some inside. The trees are starting to get buds so it will be really nice once they've bloomed.
I am trying to do things I don't normally do, this week I plan to bake focaccia. We will never be buying bread at the store again after this, lol.
I am really shocked at the number of deaths in the UK today and also shocked to see so many people there are still disregarding the lockdown. Are there fines there? Here, they can fine people thousands of dollars for not following social distancing laws.

Yep. I had been having a good week and then today burst into tears because it all feels so overwhelming.

I wish they would do that at my Asda - just got back and there was a family of 5 plus child aged about 4 trudging round slowly blocking the aisles and touching stuff.. Ridiculous.
The thing that is making me very upset at the moment is hearing about the elderly people dying in care homes. Poor things, it must be so frightening. So bloody unfair they get to an old age to have this horrible disease and their friends dying around them. And their carers are just amazing - awful for them too. I'm so lucky with my mum, she is 88 and has been isolating for about 3 weeks. She lives alone on the farm but has plenty of food and good neighbours. She gets bored and lonely but I think a lot of people are. And it could be so much worse ☹.
I am surprised with the UK on lockdown they are not enforcing only one person per household in the store. They are doing that here, and we are not on a lockdown yet...although I would say it is a soft lockdown, everything is closed apart from grocery store, gas stations, essential stores like pharmacies, schools are closed until September, parks closed, etc. The only difference is there is no limit on how much we can go for walks outside.

Reactions: 23
Brilliant programme on BBC iPlayer about intensive care, it’s set in the Gwent hospital and stars the doctor who was in the news recently talking about corona virus - think it was Channel 4? Youngish consultant with a lovely manner, said he has patients in their 40s.

I sobbed my way through much of it but it actually made me feel better - the incredible skill of the staff made me feel reassured. I couldn’t believe how they managed to save the life of a young man who had an enlarged heart.

Reactions: 12
And it’s too early for proper research but this article is so interesting.
Doctors all over America, and in Spain (and my friend who works in cardiology in London) reporting heart attack numbers appear to be down
Various theories why - but plenty of theories that suggest they should be more frequent, so pretty surprising overall
I know two people who work in A&E Departments in UK and both have said how quiet it is and that they have capacity but are ready for when it gets busy but as of now, they are very quiet. I get that there will not be as many A&E patients due to people not having RTA's etc but like it says in the article, there are normally a lot of other emergencies like heart attacks and strokes. Interesting!

Reactions: 13
Just saw the police in London are looking for someone who stole a 84 yr old womans food shop .She accidently locked herself inside her house and couldn't get out to lift the food off the doorstep.she has no friends or family and by the time police were alerted she had took to eating out of her bin to survive ...What rotten vermin are walking the streets🤬

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Hi everyone,
Checking in for the first time today. Got to say I am so grateful for this corner of the internet where we get to discuss this in a rational way and also a place to talk about our fears.
I got up this morning, did a workout and made a smoothie for lunch. Something so small felt like such a treat.
I am struggling today, it snowed again overnight where I am in Canada and the ground is still really frozen. It feels like spring is so far away. It would be nice to get out into the garden and plant some flowers, etc. I am going to look into seeding some inside. The trees are starting to get buds so it will be really nice once they've bloomed.
I am trying to do things I don't normally do, this week I plan to bake focaccia. We will never be buying bread at the store again after this, lol.
I am really shocked at the number of deaths in the UK today and also shocked to see so many people there are still disregarding the lockdown. Are there fines there? Here, they can fine people thousands of dollars for not following social distancing laws.

Yep. I had been having a good week and then today burst into tears because it all feels so overwhelming.

I am surprised with the UK on lockdown they are not enforcing only one person per household in the store. They are doing that here, and we are not on a lockdown yet...although I would say it is a soft lockdown, everything is closed apart from grocery store, gas stations, essential stores like pharmacies, schools are closed until September, parks closed, etc. The only difference is there is no limit on how much we can go for walks outside.
Police have powers to fine but I don’t think anyone has been yet.

Supermarkets are one person in only, but I guess some people manage to get round it 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Reactions: 3
Just saw the police in London are looking for someone who stole a 84 yr old womans food shop .She accidently locked herself inside her house and couldn't get out to lift the food off the doorstep.she has no friends or family and by the time police were alerted she had took to eating out of her bin to survive ...What rotten vermin are walking the streets🤬
that is absolutely disgusting, that poor woman. I know I’ve said it before but karma is a witch. I cannot understand people like that. I’ve walked past a few houses with food outside their doors in my village but it would absolutely never Occur to me to do that 🤬

Reactions: 9
that is absolutely disgusting, that poor woman. I know I’ve said it before but karma is a witch. I cannot understand people like that. I’ve walked past a few houses with food outside their doors in my village but it would absolutely never Occur to me to do that 🤬
Any decent person wouldn't ...

Reactions: 6
Police have powers to fine but I don’t think anyone has been yet.

Supermarkets are one person in only, but I guess some people manage to get round it 🤷🏻‍♀️.
Unless you literally have no other option why would you take your children? I totally get single parents families may not have a choice and if they can’t get deliveries or have family and friends local I get that but why would you take your whole family on a jolly if you didn’t need to? When we eventually do venture out it’ll be one of us in and out as quick as possible. Personally don’t enjoy taking my children shopping anyway so why I’d do it now I don’t know!

That’s the thing for most people it wouldn’t even occur to them to do that!

Ah that’s heartbreaking. If the food had stayed on the doorstep it would have surely alerted good people in the area way sooner that something was up. That’s what makes it such a crappy thing to do.
Did she not have a phone though?

My elderly neighbour has been very ill with non covid illness and today I had to get her sent into hosptial. The paramedics were saying that the numbers are high in some places but not as high as they were expecting.

Reactions: 7
Ah that’s heartbreaking. If the food had stayed on the doorstep it would have surely alerted good people in the area way sooner that something was up. That’s what makes it such a crappy thing to do.
Did she not have a phone though?
I don't know I'd imagine she has, but like many old people she might have been to proud to ask for help !

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.