Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not sure how much I trust these numbers, a neighbour of my dad's passed away recently very out of the blue. He was in his 50s, fit and healthy. A neighbour went to check on him and found him. They are labelling the death as covid19 despite him not having tested positive at any point and they won't be testing him as he has already passed 🤔
that can’t be true, anyone who dies in their home, regardless of their age or previous health issues needs to have a post-mortem before establishing cause of death.
there is no way they could sign him off as Covid-19. Cause of death wouldn’t be established yet.

Reactions: 23
Please remember that although those figures today are terribly sad, around 1600 people on average, die every day. I can't find any figures for recorded deaths not related to COVID-19 anywhere. Does this mean that the average daily rate has gone down I wonder? That's over 600 people less today if so.
900+ is just covid deaths though. The death rate overall will be higher, surely? As people are dying anyway, as they did before, AND there’s these additional covid deaths.

It’s scary enough that 900+ people are dying. That would be additional to any other ‘average’ deaths. Unless I’m reading your comment wrong

Reactions: 9
900+ is just covid deaths though. The death rate overall will be higher, surely? As people are dying anyway, as they did before, AND there’s these additional covid deaths.

It’s scary enough that 900+ people are dying. That would be additional to any other ‘average’ deaths. Unless I’m reading your comment wrong
This is what I'm trying to work out. That would be around 2500 a day but I cannot find these figures anywhere. All I am finding is those involving COVID-19 in some way. Hopefully this means that fewer people are dying of other factors due to the restrictions.

Reactions: 2
I was under the impression the flu season ran from October, peaked in Dec/Jan and then rapidly declined in March? Is that not the case?
In our trust , we have winter pressures contingency wards from October through to April so end of the month we would be getting out of a typical flu season

Reactions: 9
I'm not sure how much I trust these numbers, a neighbour of my dad's passed away recently very out of the blue. He was in his 50s, fit and healthy. A neighbour went to check on him and found him. They are labelling the death as covid19 despite him not having tested positive at any point and they won't be testing him as he has already passed 🤔
I saw this about how the numbers are reported.

Attachments

Reactions: 6
This is what I'm trying to work out. That would be around 2500 a day but I cannot find these figures anywhere. All I am finding is those involving COVID-19 in some way. Hopefully this means that fewer people are dying of other factors due to the restrictions.
Why would fewer be dying though?

Sorry I’m tired I’m probably just completely misunderstanding 😂

Reactions: 4
That would be in the ONS figures which have a lag of two weeks (though they only cover England and Wales). The latest state that deaths were 1,011 more than average (for that week compared to the same week over the past 5 years). 539 deaths registered mentioned coronavirus. That still leaves 472 more deaths than average unrelated to coronavirus (which seems very odd)

Full report here:

• Sad
Reactions: 4
That would be in the ONS figures which have a lag of two weeks (though they only cover England and Wales). The latest state that deaths were 1,011 more than average (for that week compared to the same week over the past 5 years). 539 deaths registered mentioned coronavirus. That still leaves 472 more deaths than average unrelated to coronavirus (which seems very odd)

Full report here:
I wonder if they KNOW those deaths aren’t related? A lot of deaths happen without a known cause, I wonder if they’re included in the non-coronavirus stat?

It doesn’t surprise me really that non-coronavirus related deaths have increased though.

Reactions: 3
Why would fewer be dying though?

Sorry I’m tired I’m probably just completely misunderstanding 😂
I think with some of the covid deaths these patients would have died anyway from other underlying issues. So although it’s quoted as covid they were unfortunately very poorly Anyway. That’s not to say the figures aren’t higher but there will be a crossover so it won’t be 900 + 1600.... they’ll be a crossover with those figures

Reactions: 6
If he passed suddenly and had not seen a GP who was confident enough of the cause of death to sign a death certificate he would need an autopsy. The autopsy would show if his body had signs of issues related to the virus.

If any unexpected death can be passed of covid-19 with no post mortem i suspect there my be a few tempted to bump off a 'loved one'

Reactions: 8
I think with some of the covid deaths these patients would have died anyway from other underlying issues. So although it’s quoted as covid they were unfortunately very poorly Anyway. That’s not to say the figures aren’t higher but there will be a crossover so it won’t be 900 + 1600.... they’ll be a crossover with those figures
That could make sense.

My Brian is just not working right now. 😂

ETA : Brain*. Point proven 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I know DM are known for 🐂 💩 stories so I hope this is the biggest pile they've released 🤞

It's not surprising as our CMO has said once restrictions are lifted there will be subsequent waves , only a vaccine or immunity will kill this thing..

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Just to follow up on my Auntie and not being able to order any food online for her... I emailed Iceland because it was showing as no slots available. I explained the situation and the next day, loads of available slots. But only for people over retirement age and vulnerable. 🎉🎉👌✌

• Heart
Reactions: 24
If he passed suddenly and had not seen a GP who was confident enough of the cause of death to sign a death certificate he would need an autopsy. The autopsy would show if his body had signs of issues related to the virus.

If any unexpected death can be passed of covid-19 with no post mortem i suspect there my be a few tempted to bump off a 'loved one'
I would be very surprised anyone would be confident enough to sign a death certificate on a youngish fit and healthy man with no obvious cause to his death.

Reactions: 10
Just to follow up on my Auntie and not being able to order any food online for her... I emailed Iceland because it was showing as no slots available. I explained the situation and the next day, loads of available slots. But only for people over retirement age and vulnerable. 🎉🎉👌✌
Iceland has been a life saver for us as I'm shielding for 12 weeks. It's the only place we've been able to get delivery slots for.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
They really need to prioritise those people!

Someone I have on Facebook posted that they’d booked a slot for delivery but were still going to Go into the shop so she could buy more (as they’re limiting quantity).

Just ridiculous. People who can (and do) go out to shop should save those delivery slots for people who literally can’t.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I have mentioned this before but the normal average deaths should in theory be lower than usual as most people are staying home so you should see a reduction in traffic accidents, work accidents, and shielding should be stopping those most at risk from catching normal flu and other viruses as well as Covid-19. So you have to take that into consideration as well when you see say there are 500 more deaths than last year at this time in reality that could actually be 750 more. Does that make sense ?

Reactions: 8
I wonder if they KNOW those deaths aren’t related? A lot of deaths happen without a known cause, I wonder if they’re included in the non-coronavirus stat?

It doesn’t surprise me really that non-coronavirus related deaths have increased though.
I feel like testing still isn’t being used enough - almost 500 extra deaths with no common cause which could be explained by the pandemic just doesn’t sit right with me. I imagine that some deaths of people with underlying conditions are not being investigated fully as it’s easy to conclude they died of their condition alone

Reactions: 5
Anyone else having up and down days? One minute I’m positive then the next (like today), I can’t see a light at the end of the tunnel 😩

Reactions: 35
i think we will know the true number of deaths in a year or so, once they will be able to compare the monthly/yearly mortality rate of 2020 with the previous years

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.