Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hairraiser

VIP Member
Just caught my neighbours having a BBQ, spotted about 5 visitors get out of car with bags of food and alcohol, so including the occupants there was about 10 people there, not social distancing, hugging each other!
I had no choice but to call the police! They were round within 10 minutes of the phonecall. Makes me trust our local police force are taking this serious and protecting us!

I work for the NHS and am witnessing patients dying from this horrible virus, I’m doing my bit by staying at home and only going to work., I’m even sleeping away from my husband to protect him! Why did they think they could just do what they like?

when are people gonna realise this isn’t a fucking holiday? Probably when someone close to them dies from it, until then who gives a shit about anyone else!!

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 55

Northeast1988

VIP Member
I know everyone has their different opinions on the clap and whether it should be done or not but let me tell you something from a front line workers perspective

We can spend up to ten hours a day in full PPE , some days with lead aprons under all that , heat exhaustion , we end up with sore throats and bad chest from breathing in hot recycled air because of the masks we have to wear, when we do take them off , we are left with cuts on lips and noses and marks all over faces because of how tight they have to be, cuts and split skin over my hands over how often I have to wash them every day , some nights it burns when I have my bath because of how red raw they are , waking up through the night because of images you see that you can take back, going home to an empty flat every night because your other half has moved out because of the high risk I carry from being around it all day , it can be like groundhog day every day

So yes , some people may not want to do the clap and that’s their decision but when I’m coming home from work and I see the people in the streets doing it or if I’m at work still and I see police force and fire engines outside of A&e with their sirens and bullhorns , it gives u that slight glimmer of hope inside, it puts a smile back on your face , everyone comes together for that one minute a week and it gives u that inner strength to continue

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 49

Monkeybum

VIP Member
I can assure you there is nothing the hospitals can do for you. There is no treatment and there is no cure. So this putting millions of people out of work is not actually worth it. It's all very well people for the people who are still getting paid but what about those of us who will not be able to claim a penny? Although I am not at that point, I am currently providing meals for my sister and her 3 children because she hasn't got a bean to her name.
Wow. My Dad's currently on ICU on a ventilator keeping him alive while his lungs recover. So I can assure you there is something the hospitals can, or at least can try to do

• Heart
Reactions: 42

monga

VIP Member
Just saw the police in London are looking for someone who stole a 84 yr old womans food shop .She accidently locked herself inside her house and couldn't get out to lift the food off the doorstep.she has no friends or family and by the time police were alerted she had took to eating out of her bin to survive ...What rotten vermin are walking the streets🤬

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 41

mummy2under2

VIP Member
So just been speaking to my best friend. She attends cobra level "bronze" shes an area manager for our local city council (adult care).
Hospitals are sending covid patients back to care homes (still infected), health care assistants are signing death certificates, no one (even if they DO NOT have a dnr) is being recusitated and bodies are literally being dumped in rooms due to private ambulances being run.
I've put this on here because I know its 100% true and anonymous.
God knows what else they are talking about at "silver level" I'm assuming "gold" is head government.
Again this is our local city council and death tolls arent that high yet. Death statistics are no way near accurate because their are bodies left in rooms for days. 😔
I can't take stuff like this seriously at all.
As much as you say it's 100% true, it's another case of my friends, aunty's, best friends dog.

Saying stuff like 'bodies are being left in rooms for days' are what causes sheer panic and anxiety among people.
Nowhere in the country is in that state yet.

Reactions: 39

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I’m clapping for everyone who’s keeping out of the fucking clapping argument... you’re the MVP’s 😂🤣😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

MakeMineADouble

VIP Member
Anyone else having up and down days? One minute I’m positive then the next (like today), I can’t see a light at the end of the tunnel 😩

Reactions: 35

prinnygrace

VIP Member
I really think I’m going to be terrified of everything when we’re eventually allowed out. The thought of a night out and all the germs on the bar terrifies me - normally it wouldn’t even cross my mind! I’m worried life will just never be the same again

• Sad
Reactions: 34

hrh89

VIP Member
Sainsbury’s are taking this seriously just witnessed a family of three adults being kicked out because you’re only allowed one in per family to shop! The guy told them twice and they didn’t really take any notice so he said that’s it you cannot come in please leave.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

Northeast1988

VIP Member
I can assure you there is nothing the hospitals can do for you. There is no treatment and there is no cure. So this putting millions of people out of work is not actually worth it. It's all very well people for the people who are still getting paid but what about those of us who will not be able to claim a penny? Although I am not at that point, I am currently providing meals for my sister and her 3 children because she hasn't got a bean to her name.
There’s nothing the hospitals can do ??? We can fight all the complications the virus is causing to the body , we can put drugs into you that gives u a fighting chance to recover and we can also put you into induced comas and let machines take over so the body has a chance to recover and fight it off

And then once we’ve done all that we can then send you home happy you have recovered from the virus

Bit of a silly comment to make

Reactions: 31

50sGirl

VIP Member
As an introvert I don't mind being inside a lot and enjoy my own company. My life hasn't changed hugely as I WFH mostly. I could quite happily watch documentaries all day and do online exercise but I don't have children so I know it's very different for families.
I can't imagine how hard it is for many, many others too.
I’m an introvert too so I do think it makes it much easier for us.
81AE7E7F-646E-4345-8777-4A02A8A91AF0.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

Emlo

Second NHS colleague (known but not same trust as me) died from Covid last night. 😔 In March he was posting on Facebook about insufficient PPE and how he felt unsafe at work and concerned for his family. Young guy, not even 40. So sad and scary. Keep safe everyone x

• Sad

Hairraiser

VIP Member
Did they leave when the Police came?
Yes they did, straight away

I want a full lockdown and police/army on the streets!!! Probably an unpopular opinion but I don’t care anymore, I’m sick of people just doing what the fuck they want!

Reactions: 30

Mabellovestea

VIP Member
What I mean is the people who are going to die are going to die anyway. This is a fact. The governments should have invested and opened up nightingale hospitals to treat the Covid-19 patients way before they have and allowed the hospitals and life in general to carry on as normal. This tanking of the economy and loss of jobs was not the right move here.

Governments are afraid of death, if the citizens die then they will be blamed but these people will die anyway. That is what I was told when I had it. They can't treat you and it is survival of the fittest, basically.
Well that’s quite depressing to read, I have health conditions, my husband has asthma, i don’t agree that people should carry on as normal, we don’t want to die in our 40s. Our poor children don’t deserve that, my health conditions developed a few years ago, long after I had children.

I think lockdown was the right thing to do or we would have been dealing with a catastrophic number of deaths. People without health conditions are dying, young and old.

• Sad
Reactions: 29

Good Egg

VIP Member
About the clapping one thing I will say, is it is lovely to ‘hear’ other people.
Self isolating, social distancing is incredibly lonely. Those moments of hearing people clapping, cheering and hooting makes you realise you are not alone in the world and that is a positive thing. You go about your day and sometimes you don’t see a soul. So hearing neighbours cheering is like we are in this together and there are people out there.

Reactions: 28

imaginedragon83

VIP Member
I really hope people seek medical help for other things that really cannot wait, we are being told not to be put off phoning the doctor for advice etc. Yesterday I had an episode of stomach pain - like I'd never felt in my whole life, totally paralysed me to the point of nearly passing out. My husband called 999, but it stopped fairly soon after, so we called back to cancel the ambulance and instead called the GP. I spoke to the doctor pretty much right away after telling the receptionist what had happened. She's prescribed me some medication for excess stomach acid, but admitted gallstones are a possibility. She'd normally have sent me for tests but wants to try the prescription first. She did say though, if it happened again then I should go straight to A&E, not to be concerned about going as they are well organised to separate corona/non corona patients as something like this will be taken seriously and not ignored. She was very reassuring that I would be taken care of if it happens again.
My husband has been suffering with tonsillitis and yesterday was really really bad. I just had a feeling it wasn't right. He went to urgent care who told him he needed to attend the bigger A&E. He got assessed and treated with IV antibiotics and fluids. Swelling didn't go down. Turns out he has quinsy and needs to have an operation. Is life threatening if not treated. He's in hospital now and I feel bad not being with him but obviously not allowed.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 28