Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am so sorry for your situation. I spoke with my friend about these letters as I thought they seemed so brutal and she said the reason they send them now is they want people to discuss and think about it in a rational calm way rather than having to make that decision once someone is seriously ill or when the desision is needed imminently. Your mum has the option to say she does want to be resusitated as well.

It a horrible decision to think about and I understand why no on would want to but would your mum maybe want to be able to make that decision herself rather than leaving it up to you ? If she is admitted to hospital she may not be capable.

Sending kind thoughts at this stressful time x
Everyone is different. The thing is with her sort of diagnosis you have these sort of discussions anyway. It’s not like we’re just burying our heads in the sand. I know she wouldn’t want cpr if doctors advised against it, I know that she doesn’t even want to go to hospital during this whole thing unless it was unrelated to covid as she would rather die at home with me with her than alone in quarantine, I even know exactly what sort of funeral she wants. When this diagnosis hits you in the face you have these discussions anyway. But you have them when it feels right to you, and it still bloody upsetting. You don’t want to have them when the postie drops a bombshell on your doorstep.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
At the moment the government are saying all of our hospitals do have capacity (albeit some less than others). We have thousands more beds being created in the field hospitals and 7000+ vents available. I don’t think doctors are having to choose which person to save just yet (which is only based on when there is a lack of equipment). If you turn up needing treatment and they can provide it, they absolutely will. A DNR also doesn’t mean you won’t be treated, it means if you die during that treatment they won’t try to bring you back. A very different reality to what the media (again) are painting - that doctors will overlook your 90 year old gran for the 30 year old in the bed next to her. IF there is a lack of equipment (which the government are indicating we are far from facing), then they’ll make that heartbreaking choice which they sometimes have to do even without a pandemic though I suspect not too often. If your hospital has capacity and regardless of a DNR, everyone WILL be treated.

Reactions: 9
Isn’t it the amount you’ve been exposed to affects how seriously you get it?

so if you’ve been exposed to patients you might have picked up a bigger strain of it and then passed it to your husband more mildly for example?

glad your out and on the mend anyway
Yup, it’s called Viral load.

I’m definitely going to be combing our post for the next few days so mum doesn’t have to see this letter. She’s young, mid 40, with terminal cancer and doesn’t need the upset of this on top of everything else. Obviously if she got it badly we’d have to cross that bridge when we came to it but whilst she is currently feeling well and active we could do without this reminder of her own mortality.
I know I’m just a name on a message board, but you wish to talk about this and discuss options/how to complain/what the form is, I’ll happily give you my WhatsApp. I deal with respect/DNAR forms a lot, and prior to ICU I was palliative care in the community.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
A four-year-old female Malayan tiger at the Bronx Zoo has tested positive for the coronavirus.
If the virus can jump between species we’re screwed, until there is a vaccine anyway.

thankfully I always keep two meters between myself and a tiger 🙂

in other news Jesus the poor health workers, they’re suffering enough as it is....

EEE9D5F6-8350-4E34-8900-DA3EA27DC617.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 37
If the virus can jump between species we’re screwed, until there is a vaccine anyway.

in other news Jesus the poor health workers, they’re suffering enough as it is....

View attachment 104491
😆 The Irish Crap Post is very early today!
You crack me up.

• Haha
Reactions: 11

View attachment 104491
Thanks in the drama make me chuckle.

No tigers coming to see or within 2 metres of me.

Apologies if this already posted
Video if wee Nicola made me laugh.

😆 The Irish Crap Post is very early today!
You crack me up.
Where's the link to Irish crap post?

• Haha
Reactions: 6

View attachment 104491
Think I’d rather catch the virus than see them. Oaft! 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think they don’t want to make a big deal of it because a) they don’t know enough about the spread from feline to human and b) we could see a sharp rise in the number of family pets being abandoned or worse, killed.
I wondered if someone who has covid stroked a cat, would it stay on their fur for a few hours like it does for paper, plastic etc.

Reactions: 4
We received our letter from Boris this morning. Anyone else yet?

Reactions: 4
Think I’d rather catch the virus than see them. Oaft! 😳
I’m requesting that the HSE/NHS review their Chinese PPE order to include ear plugs.

we can drop a few masks off that invoice when it’s this serious, it’s necessary we’re prepared before February.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
We received our letter from Boris this morning. Anyone else yet?
Yes we got ours too.
Also don’t know if this has been mentioned but a family member is classed as extremely vulnerable and filled in the form and Asda have contacted them to say they’re offering them a food delivery slot until October. So they’ve got a weekly food delivery coming to them so that’s good things are starting to move

Reactions: 11
Are we doing a clap on wednesday night for Boris? might as well we've clapped for everyone else. :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm surprised there's that many covid-19 cases in Ireland. Don't they all wear balaclava's?

When do ASDA update their dates for delivery? It’s been stuck on 13th April for ages now. Are they not taking bookings later yet?

Tesco don’t have slots, nor do Ocado. It’s worrying how those of us isolating will manage.

Does anyone think we'll reach the peak this weekend? As has been predicted.

Reactions: 1

Yel

This really isn't a time for political point scoring. But just watched yesterday's Scottish breifing and what an absolute shambles that was. Nicola and the Scottish government are a right mess, she should of not spent the whole time defending the cheif medical officer for the indefensible. She didn't even let the chief medical officer answer the journalists questions and batted them away herself. Totally unfit for the job.

Reactions: 7
Apologies if it’s already been discussed but does anyone know what further tests Boris would be having? Pneumonia, blood count etc?

I can’t help but feel they would have taken him to hospital as a real last resort and that his health must be in a real decline.. He would want to be viewed as strong and that the virus is easy to overcome. Heading to hospital is going to be seen as weak by those who aren’t already listening to the lockdown rules..

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.