Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My husband has baked banana bread for years. Horrible stuff, no reason for it.
He's been telling me for the last week he will do something with the dying bananas in our house.
Today people, I tell you they are dead! Mouldy ends, smooshy bleugh.
He's still saying he'll make his rancid banana cake.

I hate waste but I can only eat bananas when they are greenish. It's a texture thing.

Maybe I can shove them in a chocolate cake before the ocd child notices.
I'm completely the same .. can't eat them if they start going brown .. they need to be greenish! 👍🏼

Reactions: 3
I have just seen this on Facebook. Is there any truth to it? Just in case people aren’t aware, DNR stands for ‘do not resuscitate’ and these orders are used in hospitals in instances where your heart or breathing stop. If you have signed a DNR they do not have to assist you.

It just seems so awful to me that they would be sending these letters and especially at a time where people with these conditions would be feeling isolated and vulnerable anyway. I’m hoping that this is fake news because it’s a horrible prospect.

View attachment 104111
My friend is a GP they have sent letters to those in care homes and with life limiting illnesses asking them to consider and update their DNR statues.

As far as I am aware they are not told not to go to hospital etc and care will be given but if resusitation is required that won't be if you have signed.
I can't imagine getting one of these letters ☹

This article where I lady was complaining as she found it upsetting. I think the issue was their wording of if. But these are definitely bring sent out.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I’m NHS to my core but I’m seriously considering privately testing my husband; he had a virus about 3 weeks after we came back from America. Im still confused how he’s fine and I got so bad I was hospitalised. However he has been working from home and I’ve been with COVID19 patients.
Isn’t it the amount you’ve been exposed to affects how seriously you get it?

so if you’ve been exposed to patients you might have picked up a bigger strain of it and then passed it to your husband more mildly for example?

glad your out and on the mend anyway

Reactions: 6
Isn’t it the amount you’ve been exposed to affects how seriously you get it?

so if you’ve been exposed to patients you might have picked up a bigger strain of it and then passed it to your husband more mildly for example?

glad your out and on the mend anyway
I really don’t think viruses work like that. If you have it you have it, how you react is more due to you there’s no such thing as a “bigger strain.”
I’m no scientist or medic so do correct me. This just sounded very wrong.

Reactions: 1
I really don’t think viruses work like that. If you have it you have it, how you react is more due to you there’s no such thing as a “bigger strain.”
I’m no scientist or medic so do correct me. This just sounded very wrong.
Google “viral load”. If you spend a few shifts of 12 hours (as some nurses etc are) in a Covid soup you are exposed to more of it.

Reactions: 20
Google “viral load”. If you spend a few shifts of 12 hours (as some nurses etc are) in a Covid soup you are exposed to more of it.
Fair I had heard of viral load but didn’t make that connection .... According to new scientist they aren’t totally sure in this case, as they aren’t sure about much it’s so new, but point still stands

I saw on the dailymail (so probably not true at all) that those 2 poor nurses in their 30s who died *RIP* were affected more due to being Exposed to the virus more? I do agree the viral load does exist. Which is why nhs front line are so scared. Xx

Reactions: 3
My husband has baked banana bread for years. Horrible stuff, no reason for it.
He's been telling me for the last week he will do something with the dying bananas in our house.
Today people, I tell you they are dead! Mouldy ends, smooshy bleugh.
He's still saying he'll make his rancid banana cake.

I hate waste but I can only eat bananas when they are greenish. It's a texture thing.

Maybe I can shove them in a chocolate cake before the ocd child notices.

😂😂😂😂😂 sorry but I love banana bread literally is the best thing ever if you can make a decent one. Maybe that’s what’s wrong? His tastes tit?

I agree about the bananas being green I can’t eat them when their yellow an black 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 8
DNR certainly doesn’t mean you don’t get treatment. It means you won’t have people jumping up and down on your chest if you arrest. Which has a poor outcome whoever you are.

Reactions: 10
I’m a bit concerned about boris as well :( I hope it really is just precaution and not that he’s gotten worse :( be a bad bad day in history if anything happened to him whether people like him or not. He’s still got a tough job and he’s trying to do it poorly maybe he over did it :( this whole thing is so worrying now the amount of scary things I’m hearing I’m terrified of catching it.
Not to mention his unborn child on the way. Very sad 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I vape too and have done for 3-4 years. I didn’t really like reading about “popcorn lung“ before this pandemic. In fact I ignored it. If you can quit, give it up 👍🏻 I’m struggling to quit, so have decided what will be, will be 😪
Just to reassure you, especially if you only buy uk e-liquid:

Reactions: 4
DNR certainly doesn’t mean you don’t get treatment. It means you won’t have people jumping up and down on your chest if you arrest. Which has a poor outcome whoever you are.
True, but the BMA guidelines (which no one has to consent to) state that young, healthy people are a priority in the case of limited resources, so older people/people with underlying conditions could be denied treatment

True, but the BMA guidelines (which no one has to consent to) state that young, healthy people are a priority in the case of limited resources, so older people/people with underlying conditions could be denied treatment
It’s not a case of being denied, it’s a case that there is not enough equipment for everyone so therefore those with the best outcome are given the equipment. If they could treat everyone they would. I cannot imagine having to make that choice, a doctors main aim is to preserve life under all circumstances, to have to decided between two patients must be unbearable.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I’m definitely going to be combing our post for the next few days so mum doesn’t have to see this letter. She’s young, mid 40, with terminal cancer and doesn’t need the upset of this on top of everything else. Obviously if she got it badly we’d have to cross that bridge when we came to it but whilst she is currently feeling well and active we could do without this reminder of her own mortality.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I’m definitely going to be combing our post for the next few days so mum doesn’t have to see this letter. She’s young, mid 40, with terminal cancer and doesn’t need the upset of this on top of everything else. Obviously if she got it badly we’d have to cross that bridge when we came to it but whilst she is currently feeling well and active we could do without this reminder of her own mortality.
Sorry to hear about your mum, if her cancer is terminal they may have discussed DNR with her already. It’s a brutal series of moves that cannot guarantee a quality of life after.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Sorry to hear about your mum, if her cancer is terminal they may have discussed DNR with her already. It’s a brutal series of moves that cannot guarantee a quality of life after.
I completely appreciate that and if we were in hospital I’m sure we would both agree that the doctors should sign it. But in our own home which where we work so hard to keep positive and active it’s a bit of a kick in the teeth. She hasn’t had the discussion before as no hospital admissions since diagnosis and never been brought up in clinic (I go with her so I’d know).

Reactions: 5
It’s not a case of being denied, it’s a case that there is not enough equipment for everyone so therefore those with the best outcome are given the equipment. If they could treat everyone they would. I cannot imagine having to make that choice, a doctors main aim is to preserve life under all circumstances, to have to decided between two patients must be unbearable.
Denied treatment in favour of someone with better chances, but I’d still use the word denied. It’s not a straightforward issue by any means and I can see the value in trying to save as many people as possible. But, while I personally don’t know anyone this guidance will negatively affect, I’ve seen such people online and it’s heartbreaking to see the humans who feel as if they have already been cast aside. They’ve already been dealt a crap hand in life and now this

I agree, I wouldn’t be able to chose who lives and who dies. Doctors make decisions to stop treatment on a daily basis but not at this scale and not usually between two people who could both survive. The country could have been more prepared for this which would have prevented some of the heartache

I am so sorry for your situation. I spoke with my friend about these letters as I thought they seemed so brutal and she said the reason they send them now is they want people to discuss and think about it in a rational calm way rather than having to make that decision once someone is seriously ill or when the desision is needed imminently. Your mum has the option to say she does want to be resusitated as well.

It a horrible decision to think about and I understand why no on would want to but would your mum maybe want to be able to make that decision herself rather than leaving it up to you ? If she is admitted to hospital she may not be capable.

Sending kind thoughts at this stressful time x

I am so sorry for tour situation. I spoke with my friend about these letters as I thought they seemed so brutal and she said the reason they send them now is they want people to discuss and think about it in a rational calm way rather than having to make that decision once someone is seriously ill or when the desision is needed imminently. Your mum has the option to say she does want to be resusitated as well.

It a horrible decision to think about and I understand why no on would want to but would your mum maybe want to be able to make that decision herself rather than leaving it up to you ? Also it’s not up to the doctors to sign, it’s for your mum to sign.

Sending kind thoughts at this stressful time x
I agree, I cannot speak for your mum but I would not be happy if my daughter hid that from me and effectively took that conversation away from me.

Now is a good time to talk, it’s calm and not in a time dependant situation. When emotions are high it may be an added stress.

I’m sorry for all the added stress on top of your mums diagnosis.

Reactions: 8
Plus chest compressions are aerosol spreading, so arrest team would need to don PPE. All of which takes time. All off which puts staff at risk. There is no emergency in pandemic, as you say if you get to arrest stage your looking at poor outcome unfortunately.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.