Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I have a positive update on the friend of my parents that has it. He is responding well to CPAP! Only has the nasal prongs in now, rather than a mask and his oxygen levels are normal.

Hopefully things will continue this way. Just wanted to add some positivity to the thread. I think we all need it!

• Heart
Reactions: 58

LittleMy

VIP Member
Mums on my FB ranting because nobody clapped for their kids. Sorry Sandra, but unless your wee darling has discovered an effective treatment/vaccine for Covid-19 that will help get us out of this mess, nobody cares. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54

Londoncailín

VIP Member
Just logged out of Facebook and dont plan on logging in until this is all over. It's literally just people sharing the same shit, putting the same shit as their status and bragging about the same shit. And my local Facebook group is full of people moaning about other people and moaning about morrisons and Tesco. Thank god for tattle lol.
Facebook is full of competitive parents who are flexing their “homeschooling” skills.
“So proud of my two year old son, Plato, who wrote a symphony on his Fisher Price keyboard today”

Give me strength, please.
Those uptight parents need a good shag.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

Smallpotato

VIP Member
Hello everyone!

Discharged home this morning. Still feel dreadful, short of breath and coughing quite a bit. Tested as positive; they say working with COVID19 didn’t help my asthma going into overdrive and my heart not being very well. Off for another 7 days, and I’ll see what I’ll do!

• Heart
Reactions: 44

Definitelyme

VIP Member
They are doing bugger all at the moment, they are on an extended holiday right now. Very few kids in school doing childcare only , and around me they are only working 2 days max a week. I just get messages from fellow teacher friends complaining they are bored.

As a country we need to unite together and part of that is getting people back to work. All my leave has been cancelled as has many others not sure why teachers are any different.
Saying that we (teachers) are doing bugger all so should have our summer holidays cancelled - you do realise we didn’t ASK for schools to shut? You do realise it’s actually much easier for us to stand in front of a class and teach them face to face rather than try to do it remotely? You do realise that many many people are currently on “an extended holiday” from work, but I assume you wouldn’t be asking any of them to give up the holidays they have booked later in the year?🤬

nice to know the huge effort put in by teachers across the country to a)change the face of teaching in almost no time with no model to help and b)look after key workers kids is a hugely appreciated.

• Angry
Reactions: 43

hnoz

VIP Member
:rolleyes: Sorry but I am not proud of anyone’s “little heroes”

There, I said it!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

SarahGard83

VIP Member
We need a stricter lockdown and we need it now. We've had families sat on the greenbelt outside of our house today having picnics and mixing with others. It's been absolutely crazy. They have since been moved on but it's not the point is it? People aren't listening to this soft lockdown

Depends which of those two categories you fall into I guess. Selfishly, and as a healthy 40 yr old...it doesn’t feel so awful to me 😐
I'm 36 with leukaemia and a bone marrow failure disease. I'm not willing to sign any DNR. I've got a life worth fighting for

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41

50sGirl

VIP Member
Does anyone else think they are underplaying that Boris has been admitted to hospital just “as a precaution”?
I am worried now. I think this is way more serious than they are telling us.
🥺

• Sad
Reactions: 38

monga

VIP Member
A lady of 99 has recovered from the virus and has thanked the wonderful NHS staff for looking after her 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
A four-year-old female Malayan tiger at the Bronx Zoo has tested positive for the coronavirus.
If the virus can jump between species we’re screwed, until there is a vaccine anyway.

thankfully I always keep two meters between myself and a tiger 🙂

in other news Jesus the poor health workers, they’re suffering enough as it is....

EEE9D5F6-8350-4E34-8900-DA3EA27DC617.jpeg

• Haha

BallroomBear

Can't help but feel the UK government attempts at trying to stop people from going out by attempting to appeal to their better nature, is doomed to failure. Telling them to save other people's lives by not going out, is pointless when the average oink who's going to the park or the beach for a BBQ doesn't give a shit about other people. Johnson and Hancock would be much better off telling people not to go outside in order to save themselves. These cretins need the fear of God putting up them, not appeals to a better nature they don't have.

They are doing bugger all at the moment, they are on an extended holiday right now. Very few kids in school doing childcare only , and around me they are only working 2 days max a week. I just get messages from fellow teacher friends complaining they are bored.

As a country we need to unite together and part of that is getting people back to work. All my leave has been cancelled as has many others not sure why teachers are any different.
Bugger All? Ensuring we provide care for front line workers, putting ourselves at risk by continuing to go to work, opening on bank holidays so front line workers can continue working, ensuring vulnerable children still have at least one meal a day, constantly checking in on families especially those who may be vulnerable, ensuring children with SEN are having their needs met at home, caring for children from other settings whose normal setting has closed, ensuring all our children are safeguarded and providing home learning. Yeah, we’re doing, ‘bugger all’. We’re doing our bit! It’s not as simple as ‘schools and nurseries are closed’ they’re not. That would have been the easy option. I’m sure I speak on behalf of all of those working in education when I say we are working tirelessly to ensure front line workers can do their job and the economy survives! We’re working harder than we have ever worked before.

• Heart
Reactions: 35

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Just wanted to share a positive story. A woman I follow on ig, her granddad who’s in his 80’s caught covid and was expected to pass away on Wednesday. Well since then he’s improved a lot and is now being allowed to go home. I know one person doesn’t take away from all those lives lost but I hope some people find this reassuring.

• Heart

LittleMy

VIP Member
I think teachers are doing a phenomenal job under the circumstances, if it wasn’t for them then a lot of us key workers and NHS staff could not do our jobs and then what? Well done teachers, you are just as appreciated as any other profession not given much choice but to get on with it when you’d rather be at home and safe with your own families! 👏🏻

• Heart

Viewer1901

VIP Member
I really tried not to bite about teachers, i really did. But I’m fed up of always being the profession that gets moaned about.

I currently work one week in 3 in school. But the other 2 weeks we aren’t in is spent working from home. And I add that the 2 weeks out of school is so that any symptoms have time to show and start isolation. Is it as taxing as being in school? No. Does it benefit your child next year? Absolutely. We send lessons home each day but as an EYFS and SEN teacher these absolutely should be more play based. So if your child is in reception they learn through play in school and that should be continued at home.

When we’re in school we’re working 7am - 5pm with minimal breaks. We have our lunch with the children. The children in schools at the moment are tired. The novelty of being the only ones in has worn off and some are around siblings they wouldn’t normally be with in school and they’ve had enough of each other. It’s hard but we do it because it’s the one small thing we can do to help our country at this moment in time.

We are going in over the Easter holidays, May holidays and if this continues over the summer holidays we’ll be in then too.

Then there’s next year. We might not be doing as taxing work right now but next year we will be working full throttle trying to close gaps that have been created by this - trying to catch children up on half a year of learning.

Then there’s the children - you want your little love to come back to school in the summer and work until October!? The children need breaks more than the teachers so I’d love to see how that pans out.

If the government want us to come back over the summer holidays we will absolutely do it but it would run teachers and children into the ground. We absolutely don’t work as hard as other front line services right now, and I’d never compare us but we also aren’t sat on our arses doing fuck all.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

Londoncailín

VIP Member
Apparently it’s Chris Whitty’s birthday on the 21st April and my local FB group are thinking about singing happy birthday on their doorstep on that day.
I know he has some fans on here... :)
Can you please ask them not to.

Regards
Chris.

• Haha
Reactions: 34