Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This! The best description of Dominic raab I've heard is psychotically unstable.

Are we the first country to have our leader in hospital with it? It really shouldn't matter as a good government would be fine with the leader out of action, but the cabinet is just awful.šŸ˜
Psychotically unstable is a perfect description.
I think we are the first. Plenty of World Ministers have it, but I don't think actual leaders have got it and been hospitalised.

I think he wants to see it through too, hence my comment. But if he is poorly as the tabloids are leading us to believe, he needs to rest IMO. Whether that means handing over power temporarily or not. I donā€™t think the alternative Raab is ideal - I want to make that clear šŸ¤£ just I think itā€™s ok if Boris needs to step back to recover.
Anyone but Raab šŸ˜‚ But of course, we don't have a choice.

Reactions: 2

:oops:
My husband works there, this isnā€™t true. Some workers are annoyed that they are still working and the John Lewis employees are being furloughed. Bet itā€™s someone whoā€™s annoyed.

Reactions: 7
Oh my goodness! Heā€™s lucky to have you! Is there any complaints process as he sounds very vulnerable!
Thanks. At the moment he has enough food in his freezer to last him so I donā€™t want to bother them with a complaint right now because I know theyā€™re very busy.
I just find that governmentā€™s extremely vulnerable list should have some level of flexibility because there must be a lot of people who have similar health conditions but who donā€™t have family to rely on. What happens to them?
I tried to complete the government form online for him but itā€™s very black and white - if you donā€™t come under any of the 6 conditions listed then it is a straight ā€œnoā€. There is nowhere to actually state the conditions you do have so you could then be considered individually.
I know the government have enough to deal with right now but I fear the vulnerable without family will be forgotten and the consequences donā€™t bear thinking about.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
This! The best description of Dominic raab I've heard is psychotically unstable.

Are we the first country to have our leader in hospital with it? It really shouldn't matter as a good government would be fine with the leader out of action, but the cabinet is mostly awful.šŸ˜
I'm sure I've read most world leaders and business men are psychopaths ,you need certain traits to succeed (not all psych's are murderers) šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Better than nothing.
I thought by the way it was reported he was actually "rollin the sleeves up " and getting stuck in !

Reactions: 1
When does everyone recon things will go back to normal? My lilun' keeps asking when schools will go back, I can't see it being any time soon!

Reactions: 1
Iā€™m hoping they cancel summer holidays and kids go back. Sorry teachers!

Reactions: 4
Iā€™m hoping they cancel summer holidays and kids go back. Sorry teachers!
Legally that wouldn't be allowed. My mum is a teacher and they're still being contracted to work so their holiday is rightfully their own.

Reactions: 14

Yel

I'm sure I've read most world leaders and business men are psychopaths ,you need certain traits to succeed (not all psych's are murderers) šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
I think everyone that wants to be a world leader has psychopathic tendencies, some do seem very high on the scale.

The Tea-shock is lower on the scale
download.jpg

• Haha
Apologies if itā€™s already been discussed but does anyone know what further tests Boris would be having? Pneumonia, blood count etc?

I canā€™t help but feel they would have taken him to hospital as a real last resort and that his health must be in a real decline.. He would want to be viewed as strong and that the virus is easy to overcome. Heading to hospital is going to be seen as weak by those who arenā€™t already listening to the lockdown rules..
Dr Alex who was on love island but who is also a Dr in A&E has been talking a lot on his YouTube channel about his work and says a lot of people that come into A&E with it just need some oxygen and can them go back home. Hopefully thatā€™s all Boris needed plus I would say he needs rest. Heā€™s carried on working not giving his body a chance to recover.

I wouldnā€™t view it as a weakness.

Reactions: 11
Legally that wouldn't be allowed. My mum is a teacher and they're still being contracted to work so their holiday is rightfully their own.
They are doing bugger all at the moment, they are on an extended holiday right now. Very few kids in school doing childcare only , and around me they are only working 2 days max a week. I just get messages from fellow teacher friends complaining they are bored.

As a country we need to unite together and part of that is getting people back to work. All my leave has been cancelled as has many others not sure why teachers are any different.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

Yel

I wouldn't put it past the government... keep hearing about this heard immunity stuff... it's like after a while they'll just allow everyone to get it :(
They're between a rock and a hard place. If the economy falls more than 6.4% (according to one study) then more people will be killed by closing everything down. Estimates are between 15%-30% fall in GDP.
That doesn't mean anything, the law can and will be changed while trying to be as fair as possible to everyone. Someone said a few pages back that schools would never open over the summer as people had holidays or training. We're a way beyond all that, we have no idea what the world will look like in a few months.

Very few kids in school doing childcare only , and around me they are only working 2 days max a week. I just get messages from fellow teacher friends complaining they are bored.
Same here, teachers I know are saying they're bored and on a rota so not at school much. It's not like they're working flat out at the moment so perfectly acceptable to change their summer plans in such troubling times.

Reactions: 7
I think everyone that wants to be a world leader has psychopathic tendencies, some do seem very high on the scale.

The Tea-shock is lower on the scale
View attachment 104524
You never know ! he could be sat answering that phone with an axe up his sleeve:oops:it's the quiet one's you have to watch:geek:;)

Boris has been put on oxygen !

Reactions: 3
When does everyone recon things will go back to normal? My lilun' keeps asking when schools will go back, I can't see it being any time soon!
My eldest keeps asking about nursery, sheā€™s just that bit too young to fully understand whatā€™s going on & I donā€™t want to worry or scare her by explaining anything in depth. I feel so sorry for her & Iā€™ll be absolutely devastated if she doesnā€™t get to go back to nursery before she starts school in September. Iā€™m not getting my hopes up as I know it isnā€™t likely šŸ˜ž

Reactions: 5
My neighbours have this morning had two builders arrive to build them a pergola in their garden - we assume so anyway as itā€™s a wooden structure. This isnā€™t allowed surely?? Does that count as essential work? We are working from home too so the added drilling and sawing is much appreciated... šŸ™„

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.