Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone provide me with the link to these tests? I’m trying to catch up with Tiger King 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Yes that’s the one that is available near me I agree I think it would be good to know as we were all really ill in Feb but who knows if it was a bad cold
Yes mine was bad head cold too, lethargic & couldn’t taste anything though. Would be just good to know, but if there’s no antibodies, I’d be just as worried about catching it.. can’t win 🤯

Reactions: 5
I knew there had been rumours but didn't realise they were true as I've seen a lot of info stating that animals can't spread? I know the RCPSA have been vocal about animals NOT being a risk.

Didn't realise it was true....
I thought we had a vet here that said they couldn’t catch it. Cats can catch coronaviruses but I didn’t believe it was covid-19?

Reactions: 4
@Smallpotato so glad you are feeling better - wishing you a speedy recovery. Lots of rest please (!!) xx 😘

If cats can get it can people get it from cats? The virus 🦠 started from bats to another animal to humans? Is that correct?
Also are there not two different strains to Covid19? Could it not mutate again? Not to cause panic I’m just curious...

• Heart
@Smallpotato so glad you are feeling better - wishing you a speedy recovery. Lots of rest please (!!) xx 😘

If cats can get it can people get it from cats? The virus 🦠 started from bats to another animal to humans? Is that correct?
Also are there not two different strains to Covid19? Could it not mutate again? Not to cause panic I’m just curious...
I have been off for 7 days, and Im off for another 7... considering taking longer as I’m totally wiped off my feet.

re Cats; we have two indoor cats, and then there’s a neighbourhood cat who is always outside until I let her into mine! My husband has not let her in this week, just to be safe.

Reactions: 6
Yes mine was bad head cold too, lethargic & couldn’t taste anything though. Would be just good to know, but if there’s no antibodies, I’d be just as worried about catching it.. can’t win 🤯
I had this and diagnosed myself sinusitis. The pressure in my head was immense and I lost sense of taste. But there was no cough or temp with it so probably your bog standard cold

I’m a bit concerned about boris as well :( I hope it really is just precaution and not that he’s gotten worse :( be a bad bad day in history if anything happened to him whether people like him or not. He’s still got a tough job and he’s trying to do it poorly maybe he over did it :( this whole thing is so worrying now the amount of scary things I’m hearing I’m terrified of catching it.

Reactions: 26
😥 I’ve really had enough of this now. 2 kids 3 and 1 and both of us working full time we are stressed and stretched to fk.

I’m not sure I can cope with another week of lock down.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
yeah this came out a thread or two ago, but I think I’m more worried about human to cat transmission 😂😩
Mine are indoor but it would make me worry endlessly if I knew they could get it
Me too. I have two; one indoor, one outdoor and I worry about them. My indoor has been sneezing a bit lately, but seems otherwise fine. My problem is the outdoor cat. We literally cannot keep her inside - she can actually open our windows. 🙈😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I don't believe that. However, it is true that before all this families do get advised by Dr's to sign DNR's if they have life limiting illnesses but it is up to the family members to decide. Sometimes it's also because they would be too weak to survive any intervention so in that case, it is a waste of NHS resources.
My mum passed away from lung disease and pneumonia 7 years ago....I was advised by the drs to sign a DNR because it would be kinder to my mum....they explained that CPR can be brutal and leave you with broken ribs, bruising etc and she was unlikely to survive any intervention anyway....I’d never thought of it that way before and whilst it’s devastating to know they won’t help you with a DNR, it does make sense, especially at a time like this, to use NHS resources wisely. I hope that explanation helps people x

• Sad
Reactions: 16
I vape, and every time I do I wonder if that's the same as smoking in terms of risk. I hope not, as I honestly think I'll break in all this if I have to stop.
I vape too and have done for 3-4 years. I didn’t really like reading about “popcorn lung“ before this pandemic. In fact I ignored it. If you can quit, give it up 👍🏻 I’m struggling to quit, so have decided what will be, will be 😪

I vape too and have done for 3-4 years. I didn’t really like reading about “popcorn lung“ before this pandemic. In fact I ignored it. If you can quit, give it up 👍🏻 I’m struggling to quit, so have decided what will be, will be 😪
I did research into this a while ago and popcorn lung is caused by Diacetyl which is a flavouring used in ecigs and also used in making buttered popcorn hence the name. The ecigs I buy dont have that in them which is why I went with them

On my Instagram every second page I follow is baking banana bread. Like it's THE thing to do during lockdown. Must have missed the memo 🤭😁🤐
My husband has baked banana bread for years. Horrible stuff, no reason for it.
He's been telling me for the last week he will do something with the dying bananas in our house.
Today people, I tell you they are dead! Mouldy ends, smooshy bleugh.
He's still saying he'll make his rancid banana cake.

I hate waste but I can only eat bananas when they are greenish. It's a texture thing.

Maybe I can shove them in a chocolate cake before the ocd child notices.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My husband has baked banana bread for years. Horrible stuff, no reason for it.
He's been telling me for the last week he will do something with the dying bananas in our house.
Today people, I tell you they are dead! Mouldy ends, smooshy bleugh.
He's still saying he'll make his rancid banana cake.

I hate waste but I can only eat bananas when they are greenish. It's a texture thing.

Maybe I can shove them in a chocolate cake before the ocd child notices.
Omg. I only like bananas when they are green-yellow too. Can't stand ripe ones. And they have to be in the fridge, lol.

I still feel out of breath, and i keep having to remember to “deep breathe” but I feel as if I’m underwater? I’m an ICU deputy sister and LORD I want to apologise to every patient I’ve ever had...this is tit!
Omg that’s awful 😭😭 I work on a Covid ward and I’ll be honest, I’m frightened to death of catching it 😥😥 It must be awful, one of our patients panicked the other day cause I wasn’t able put her on the oxygen Cylinder within 2 seconds 😥😥 I dread to think what you went through 😱

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.