Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really don’t think viruses work like that. If you have it you have it, how you react is more due to you there’s no such thing as a “bigger strain.”
I’m no scientist or medic so do correct me. This just sounded very wrong.
I think it was on one of the Q&A about the virus, they said the more droplets inhaled at the same time left the body less able to cope ?

When do ASDA update their dates for delivery? It’s been stuck on 13th April for ages now. Are they not taking bookings later yet?

Tesco don’t have slots, nor do Ocado. It’s worrying how those of us isolating will manage.
Are you able to do click and collect, they seem to be easier to get. I had one on Friday, the social distancing was really good. Parked 4 spaces from the van in a quiet part of the carpark and had to wait in the car while he brought the crates over. This was at a small Tesco.

They need to start fining people who are still breaking the rules and up the fines to £5000, That might help.

Reactions: 7
Definitely think Boris is worse than they're letting on. I think someone else needs to step in now and take his place while he recovers. The initial 3 weeks is up a week today and I think people are expecting some kind of update as to going forward

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Yes we got ours too.
Also don’t know if this has been mentioned but a family member is classed as extremely vulnerable and filled in the form and Asda have contacted them to say they’re offering them a food delivery slot until October. So they’ve got a weekly food delivery coming to them so that’s good things are starting to move
My dad is “only” classed as vulnerable so Sainsbury’s won’t give him a slot.
He has had a letter to say stay home. He has heart failure and kidney disease plus damaged lungs (but not COPD so not on their extremely vulnerable list). He is also disabled (leg amputee) so he can’t leave the house usually without help even if he wanted to.
I cannot believe that Sainsbury’s say he is not eligible. At the moment I can shop for him but if anything happens to me what will he do then?

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I hope Boris doesn't have to step back for a bit, we really don't want Dominic Raab stepping in 😱

Reactions: 12
Are we doing a clap on wednesday night for Boris? might as well we've clapped for everyone else. :giggle:
I think if we all go to the door with messy hair it would be more fitting and not to hard to achieve ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I hope Boris doesn't have to step back for a bit, we really don't want Dominic Raab stepping in 😱
As much as the alternative isn’t ideal, I really feel Boris does need to step back and recover. He’s not doing himself or the nation any favours by attempting the ‘Keep Calm and Carry On’ mentality.

Reactions: 5
He has had a letter to say stay home. He has heart failure and kidney disease plus damaged lungs (but not COPD so not on their extremely vulnerable list). He is also disabled (leg amputee) so he can’t leave the house usually without help even if he wanted to.
I cannot believe that Sainsbury’s say he is not eligible. At the moment I can shop for him but if anything happens to me what will he do then?
I thought all elderly were classed as extremely vulnerable regardless of health..where I am they're giving priority to all OAP's ?

Reactions: 1
Oh my goodness! He’s lucky to have you! Is there any complaints process as he sounds very vulnerable!

Reactions: 4
As much as the alternative isn’t ideal, I really feel Boris does need to step back and recover. He’s not doing himself or the nation any favours by attempting the ‘Keep Calm and Carry On’ mentality.
I don't think it's a keep calm and carry on issue, I think he genuinely does want to see this through.

Reactions: 7
Definitely think Boris is worse than they're letting on. I think someone else needs to step in now and take his place while he recovers. The initial 3 weeks is up a week today and I think people are expecting some kind of update as to going forward
It’s two weeks today isn’t it? My partner has been working from home for two weeks now?

I might be wrong as I’m losing track of days

Just looked and yeah the lockdown was two weeks ago. So still another week

Reactions: 1

Yel

This! The best description of Dominic raab I've heard is psychotically unstable.

Are we the first country to have our leader in hospital with it? It really shouldn't matter as a good government would be fine with the leader out of action, but the cabinet is mostly awful.😐

Reactions: 6
Can you use other local services to have food delivered to him rather than the supermarket? There are lots springing up, local pubs now doing food deliveries, wholesalers delivering etc.

Reactions: 3
I don't think it's a keep calm and carry on issue, I think he genuinely does want to see this through.
I think he wants to see it through too, hence my comment. But if he is poorly as the tabloids are leading us to believe, he needs to rest IMO. Whether that means handing over power temporarily or not. I don’t think the alternative Raab is ideal - I want to make that clear 🤣 just I think it’s ok if Boris needs to step back to recover.

Reactions: 3

Yel

He's doing one shift a week giving phone consultations :rolleyes:
Well at least he's doing it along side a real job. Clemmie hooper was doing one day midwifery a week along side being a full time infuencer and trading off being a NHS worker. That didn't turn out well 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.