Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'When Santa got stuck up the chimney he began to shout, you boys and girls wont get any toys if Corona wipes me out'.
I hope heā€™s wearing the right PPE and the elves in the workshop are following strict social distancing protocol.

Was I the only one waiting for ā€œPS: Philipā€™s passed onā€?

Just kidding, donā€™t wish to offend, but the rumours are everywhere atm. Seriously though, from what I could hear of it over my childrenā€™s fighting to the death, it was quite a heartfelt address to the nation. These are surreal times.

Reactions: 7
Someone on twitter reckons we should clap for the kids because theyre the bravest ones in this whole situation šŸ™„
Mine arenā€™t! Theyā€™re being little f****ers šŸ˜‚ theyā€™re spoilt (totally my fault!) and itā€™s hitting them hard we canā€™t just pop to the shop for unicorn ice cream šŸ˜† although I saw glimmers of hope today my daughter spent two hours picking flowers and mashing them in water to make perfume (I didnā€™t tell me husband that bit šŸ˜‚) it was nice she found something to amuse herself with

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Collective round of applause for this thread......šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

keeping us all sane one (possible) psychiatric admission at a time šŸ˜

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Will this be the yearšŸŽ… doesn't arrive :oops:
Depends what the travel restrictions are. Are the elves at the toy factory furloughed? Is Santa counting delivering all the presents his one form of exercise for the day? Should Santa be self isolating for longer-How old is he? All those mince pies...may have underlying conditions? Does he need to be social distancing? If he gets down all the chimneys then think of all the germs. Oh and can reindeer get Covid 19?

You can tell we discussed this at length in our house! šŸ˜‰

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I hope heā€™s wearing the right PPE and the elves in the workshop are following strict social distancing protocol.

Was I the only one waiting for ā€œPS: Philipā€™s passed onā€?

Just kidding, donā€™t wish to offend, but the rumours are everywhere atm. Seriously though, from what I could hear of it over my childrenā€™s fighting to the death, it was quite a heartfelt address to the nation. These are surreal times.
I thought she had a" wee dram "in her ;)but good on her still going at her age

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Just watching Antiques Road Show! It seems so weird watching big crowds of people all stood close together!

Reactions: 14
The queen seems like a lovely old lady, but she is a paid service that I can no longer afford. How do I cancel please?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I cried at the Queen's speech and I haven't even had a drink yet this evening. Lockdown, man, what have you done to me?

Reactions: 16
Depends what the travel restrictions are. Are the elves at the toy factory furloughed? Is Santa counting delivering all the presents his one form of exercise for the day? Should Santa be self isolating for longer-How old is he? All those mince pies...may have underlying conditions? Does he need to be social distancing? If he gets down all the chimneys then think of all the germs. Oh and can reindeer get Covid 19?

You can tell we discussed this at length in our house! šŸ˜‰
Santa is probably obese too so heā€™s in a higher risk category

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
It's rather strange how there's been no mention of the death rates in France on the UK news. 1031 people died on Friday in France, which is the biggest daily toll I've seen, yet not a peep in the British media. Given the UK is technically bordered to France via the Channel Tunnel, I'd have thought that many deaths in one day in a neighbouring country would get some attention.
The French figures are a mess at the moment, Thursdayā€™s toll included 884 deaths in nursing homes that had taken place over the last few weeks. Fridayā€™s figures also included 532 nursing home deaths that hadnā€™t been reported previously, meaning the daily figure without these deaths would have been 588. In reality Franceā€™s daily death toll is similar to the UKā€™s

Reactions: 2
The bigger question: would the elves be classed as essential workers? šŸ¤”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
The queen seems like a lovely old lady, but she is a paid service that I can no longer afford. How do I cancel please?
these are the folk you want to talk to. šŸ˜‰ theyā€™re pretty busy at the moment what with the Disney movie and the ā€œturning your back on your familyā€œ malarkey.
itā€™s time consuming.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I actually had a tear when I listened to the Queen. I feel like itā€™s quite something to have her address us in a time like this. It doesnā€™t happen often, and it really struck me that we really are at war with this virus.

I felt like it was so heartfelt, it got me in the feels quite frankly.
Me too especially moving the line about her and her sister doing a speech about the children and evacuees. Our children are missing everything thatā€™s ā€˜normalā€™ to them. Friends, school, teachers, cousins grandparents.
Iā€™m not ashamed to say I cried when I heard her speech.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.