Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What are your thoughts on weddings at the end of July/August/September? Would you attend one?
We had a second invitation to one this week, rsvp's need to be in by the end of May. I was planning to wait and see but if im honest i don't want to attend either of them, wether things are back to normal or not. I was actually surprised to receive them, i cant imagine trying to plan a wedding with all this uncertainty going on.
We were invited to two weddings in July and both have postponed in the last two weeks

Reactions: 3
Could you even imagine being the doctor who’s faced with making that decision, seeing a patient come into hospital and “refusing” to let them breathe properly by ventilating them, making them comfortable but knowing you’re allowing them to die, making the choice to allow them to die on your watch. Yes they might die anyway, but doing nothing to tip the scales in their favour.

When 3 weeks ago it wouldn’t even be a question or a choice.

we can argue it hypothetically but how much would it duck you up to make that decision, sometimes more than once in a day.
I would not be surprised if a lot of the frontline NHS leave their jobs this time next year. The mental strain they must be under on the best of days is bad enough. I am in awe of their resilience but definitely would understand if they decide to leave.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
It's now hit my family. My poor aunty has been showing symptoms for 2 days. She's only been out once a week for essential shopping 😢😢
Remember that there are lots of other viruses and bugs going round. On the news today it said nearly 200k people have been tested and there's been 48k who were positive. So I'd you have symptoms there's a 75% chance it's not covid but another virus/bug X

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I would not be surprised if a lot of the frontline NHS leave their jobs this time next year. The mental strain they must be under on the best of days is bad enough. I am in awe of their resilience but definitely would understand if they decide to leave.
My mum said the exact same thing today, she's only 3 shifts in as she as semi retired and she already said the toll on the staff is heartbreaking. They have been given some emails for support but I can see some serious PTSD coming from this.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
My normally fit and healthy son in his 30’s is also on day 8. No underlying health conditions. Says he feels like he has been run over by a bus, fatigue, fever, breathless, dizzy and feels like his lungs are burning.
Some people have mild symptoms but even young and healthy people are getting more severe symptoms. This evil thing has completely floored him and for some it can be a long road to full recovery 😢
I hope your son gets well really soon. I’m so worried.
We live about four hours apart so quite a distance, her partner has kept us updated as all the family are down here.
It is a cruel illness and many don’t seem to realise this. I’m not religious but I’ll say a prayer for your son and my cousin for a speedy recovery - lots of love x

Ugh I’m getting tired of being told to “clap for this clap for that”. Just feels like it’s getting out of hand. Maybe it’s a real life representation of how the nation is collectively losing their minds. By the end of lockdown we’ll be clapping at our front doors because the sun has risen.

Idk about anyone else’s kids but mine barely have a clue. They know what the virus is called and that it can be dangerous hence why we have to stay in. They miss their friends of course, but they’re loving life at the moment with no school, endless Disney+, minimal school work and both of us at home so they can drive us both crackers. Im sure some kids are more anxious than others but come on.
Absolutely 100% we must recognise the hard work of the NHS and other key workers who are keeping the country afloat during these unprecedented times - however clapping every week does seem flat. The first week it was done - fantastic I felt moved. I’d like an extra Bank Holiday for these staff on the frontline. It would mean much more x

Reactions: 8
Me and hubby will be leaving

• Sad
Reactions: 13
it hard for any of us to understand what it must be like going into work knowing you’re not only putting your own life at risk, you’re most likely making decisions you don’t want to make and signing multiple death certificates daily.

but those fuckers out sunbathing are having a hard time of it right......😐

• Angry
Reactions: 19
deleted by staff. Users clearly trying to disrupt the thread will be removed.
I really hope your having a bleeping joke and if it's a joke you need serious help. I lost my family member yesterday to cornoa and I see tit like this!😡 open your eyes people are losing love ones without getting the chance to say goodbye.i hope to god it doesn't effect anyone you love or know.im disgusted with your post

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I really hope your having a bleeping joke and if it's a joke you need serious help. I lost my family member yesterday to cornoa and I see tit like this!😡 open your eyes people are losing love ones without getting the chance to say goodbye.i hope to god it doesn't effect anyone you love or know.im disgusted with your post
So sorry Carebear that you had to read such insensitive bullshit. 😔
I think they’ve either been banned or left because their profile is invalid so at least we won’t hear from them again.
Take care xx

Reactions: 11

sorry wrong queen......

Gutted she didn’t clear up the rumors about philip.... again.
and tell us how he keeps coming back to life.

ah she’s cute though, i like her.
the rest of them can jump 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
my daughter is very adamant that the queen is NOT the queen because she's not wearing her crown so "nobody is going to listen to her"

Well she's not wrong about the last point

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I actually had a tear when I listened to the Queen. I feel like it’s quite something to have her address us in a time like this. It doesn’t happen often, and it really struck me that we really are at war with this virus.

I felt like it was so heartfelt, it got me in the feels quite frankly.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
my daughter is very adamant that the queen is NOT the queen because she's not wearing her crown so "nobody is going to listen to her"

Well she's not wrong about the last point
I couldn’t switch to another channel quick enough

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.