Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been spraying and wiping every supermarket item with Home Bargains version of zoflora.....ekkk. might switch to proper bleach and water now!

Gosh I didn't know that. I thought unless you are a 'key worker' you have to stay at home
No, if you can’t work from home you are allowed to go to work.

Reactions: 3
Does anyone get 1984 vibes when Chris Whitty appears on the screen?
I had to send that government tv ad with him in it to my sister in Australia to see cos it give me the creeps! Every time it comes on I feel like I'm in a dystopian film

Reactions: 12
we have an online food delivery coming Wednesday with shopping for us, my elderly father in law and my elderly neighbours. I’ve decided instead of one of us doing out and putting the kids at risk I’d rather get it delivered that way it can be washed as it comes in and I can add people who are vulnerable next door to me theirs in

Reactions: 4
So do we think at the 3 week review in 2 weeks that things will get more restricted, less restricted or stay the same?
more of the same, hopefully with lower headline figures as more people stay inside. I’m hopeful, it’s the only way!

we have an online food delivery coming Wednesday with shopping for us, my elderly father in law and my elderly neighbours. I’ve decided instead of one of us doing out and putting the kids at risk I’d rather get it delivered that way it can be washed as it comes in and I can add people who are vulnerable next door to me theirs in

Its not with tesco is it? They have limited online shops to 80 items. We have 6 in our house so a normal shop is over 100 items for one weeks shop.

Reactions: 2
My husband is still expected to work in a non essential factory and won’t furlough their employees, it’s so annoying, he’s been told if he self isolates (which he has to because I have symptoms) that he will only get SSP, it’s just ludicrous, I do hope BJ bans ALL the non essential businesses being open, as we cannot afford to live on a pittance as a family of 6 and a woofer 🐶
Email your local MP, trading standards and your Mayor. I have 🤣

Reactions: 2
Its not with tesco is it? They have limited online shops to 80 items. We have 6 in our house so a normal shop is over 100 items for one weeks shop.
No it’s Asda not sure if they are the same I’ve only got 75 items in my basket so not reach 80. My father in law has meals - I usually freeze home made stuff up for him when I make it and it goes in his freezer so he’s got a lot of stuff in there it’s just things like bread milk eggs and ham he’s needing. It’s hard when you have so many family members and a limited number :(

We've notice that no other neighbours are in their back gardens (and one family is always out there without fail when the sun is shining). Are people affraid of the fresh air...?
They’re all in bed binge watching Netflix 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
We've notice that no other neighbours are in their back gardens (and one family is always out there without fail when the sun is shining). Are people affraid of the fresh air...?
That's a shame. I would definitely be making the most of a garden if I had one.

The garden is Where we’ve spent nearly everyday since we’ve been stuck in 😂 I have so many plants planted ha!

Reactions: 5
I had to send that government tv ad with him in it to my sister in Australia to see cos it give me the creeps! Every time it comes on I feel like I'm in a dystopian film
I had the same feeling and I also really did not like him. That was until someone told me he is an absolute genius and a marvel in his field. You can read up on him and honestly you’ll feel way more at ease. I think people who are highly intelligent can sometimes come across in a bit of a creepy-devoid-of-emotion way.

Reactions: 8
I'm so glad I found this thread, im so annoyed some of my friends think they can decide what is deemed to be essential and still carrying on seeing their other halves who live in different houses to them, some even opposite ends of the country. Suck it up and don't see them, Boris doesnt count you having a shag as essential the rest of us are missing out.... really beginning to anger me when i have other friends still working in essential roles being put at risk every day:mad::mad::mad:

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I'm so glad I found this thread, im so annoyed some of my friends think they can decide what is deemed to be essential and still carrying on seeing their other halves who live in different houses to them, some even opposite ends of the country. Suck it up and don't see them, Boris doesnt count you having a shag as essential the rest of us are missing out.... really beginning to anger me when i have other friends still working in essential roles being put at risk every day:mad::mad::mad:
traveling to & from the other end of the country won't go unnoticed for long. Cars are being stopped for driving round the corner of their streets

Reactions: 8
Just seen this online was shared by a local pharmacy
The first thing I take from that is that's coronavirus staying power. Coronavirus is the collective name, this strand is called Covid19.

The second is that poster is showing results from another coronavirus, not Covid19.

We need to be super careful as I'm seeing increased amounts of people filling their baths with hot soapy water to wash all their shopping and its taking an hour or two. People are going to get caught in a constant washing cycle of hands and things in the house.

My neighbour goes out and when she gets back, she literally leaves everything outside for 24 hours including a top layer of clothes.

Is there any official gov document that gives a guide to washing and sterilising food, bags and post etc, rather than cute posters that all give different info on, all from pharmacies and GP surgeries etc?

There's one saying we should be using anti bac on shopping but yet anti back doesn't do anything, other than weaken the virus and spread it round.

Reactions: 16
The first thing I take from that is that's coronavirus staying power. Coronavirus is the collective name, this strand is called Covid19.

The second is that poster is showing results from another coronavirus, not Covid19.

We need to be super careful as I'm seeing increased amounts of people filling their baths with hot soapy water to wash all their shopping and its taking an hour or two. People are going to get caught in a constant washing cycle of hands and things in the house.

My neighbour goes out and when she gets back, she literally leaves everything outside for 24 hours including a top layer of clothes.

Is there any official gov document that gives a guide to washing and sterilising food, bags and post etc, rather than cute posters that all give different info on, all from pharmacies and GP surgeries etc?

There's one saying we should be using anti bac on shopping but yet anti back doesn't do anything, other than weaken the virus and spread it round.
I've just read the NHS has said not to clean the shopping ,as the chance of getting it from the packaging is minimal ?

Reactions: 18
I’ve had to self isolate from yesterday. Persistent dry cough, sore throat, headache and slight breathlessness. It feels like there’s a weight on my chest constantly at the moment. I’m a key worker too, so feeling quite gutted about it all. :(

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.