Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The garden is Where we’ve spent nearly everyday since we’ve been stuck in 😂 I have so many plants planted ha!
Aww sounds good!! I ordered some seeds online and need some more soil now but everywhere is sold out! X

I've just read the NHS has said not to clean the shopping ,as the chance of getting it from the packaging is minimal ?
They just don't want panic!

Somebody just posted this and said it was from a pharmacy

Reactions: 2
I had the same feeling and I also really did not like him. That was until someone told me he is an absolute genius and a marvel in his field. You can read up on him and honestly you’ll feel way more at ease. I think people who are highly intelligent can sometimes come across in a bit of a creepy-devoid-of-emotion way.
It takes all kinds of people to make the world go around. Not everybody is charismatic and he was probably told to appear solemn. At uni several of my lecturers couldn’t even give eye contact on a one to one basis but in front of a lecture hall speaking about their subject they came alive. I Would much rather somebody walk the walk rather than talk the talk but not much else.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Aww sounds good!! I ordered some seeds online and need some more soil now but everywhere is sold out! X

I’m so lucky our local garden centre has been doing flower deliveries so I got a whole lors delivered on Saturday. Makes a difference when your garden is looking nice doesn’t it? Lifts the mood a little x

Reactions: 5
Are you sure? The nation is panicking about a pandemic where they’ve had to build a make shift hospital for 4K patients in a place where they usually hold yacht exhibitions. And they think that telling people not to bleach their groceries will calm us down? 😱😱😱😱

• Haha
Reactions: 14
It takes all kinds of people to make the world go around. Not everybody is charismatic and he was probably told to appear solemn. At uni several of my lecturers couldn’t even give eye contact on a one to one basis but in front of a lecture hall speaking about their subject they came alive. I Would much rather somebody walk the walk rather than talk the talk but not much else.
this! if he was a brazen charismatic sweet talker I’d wonder what was being hidden. he strikes me as someone who clearly cares about his work and profession.

I read he’s very private and not many people know much about him but apparently once he let on he likes ‘Scottish dancing’ he’s also only been in the position since October.

ok, I’ll stop loving on him now 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Shopped in my Asda today. No issues getting in though they do have queue and count system in place for busy days.
To help with social distancing arrows have been placed on the floor to be followed so everyone's going the same way!!
No prizes for guessing that's not working at all!!!
Though as the home shopping workers aren't following them why would anyone else!!

Reactions: 9
Shopped in my Asda today. No issues getting in though they do have queue and count system in place for busy days.
To help with social distancing arrows have been placed on the floor to be followed so everyone's going the same way!!
No prizes for guessing that's not working at all!!!
Though as the home shopping workers aren't following them why would anyone else!!
Asda staff are bellowing at people at my local who are not standing 2 meters apart, that's both at other staff and shoppers.
It's terrifying, you walk on tenterhooks waiting for someone to holler at/across/around you.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12

Someone said it doesn't relate to this strain of Covid ?

My friend is a teacher and the staff are not observing the 2m rule. She thinks she looks insane insisting on doing it but I’ve told her to carry on. Certainly at my school they’re taking it very seriously!

Reactions: 5
Exactly....That is why I clarified he’s a marvel in his field. I didn’t like him originally but I read up about him and I changed my opinion in respect of his credentials...not on the reasons I had originally judged him. That’s why I posted my comment.

Reactions: 3
I went to pick up (an essential) prescription my GP had sent to the local big Tesco pharmacy, there was a queue of about 100 people and I queued for about 20 mins until I saw a sales assistant by the door, I asked him if the pharmacy was open as I couldn't see if it was or not inside and he asked if I was picking something up, I showed him my PatientAccess account where it said the medication and today's date and he let me through, I went in and had to wait 10 mins for it, stood still by the counter and remembered I needed some soap and toothpaste but was so overwhelmed by the guilt I hadn't waited long enough like everyone else - I waited, took my prescription and went out to the nearest Boots (no queue) to get them instead :ROFLMAO: I found hand sanitiser and hand wash there though (v.v.v.surprising!)

Reactions: 13
Does anyone know how many of the 22,141 people, who tested positive, are MP's? Or celebrities? Out of the 66.44 million people in the UK. Do they have particularly bad luck at catching the virus or is it that less famous people just don't get tested? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I had the same feeling and I also really did not like him. That was until someone told me he is an absolute genius and a marvel in his field. You can read up on him and honestly you’ll feel way more at ease. I think people who are highly intelligent can sometimes come across in a bit of a creepy-devoid-of-emotion way.
I actually googled him and now feel bad cos he seems like the type of person if he were your brother or you friend you would want to shield him from people being mean!!

• Heart
Does anyone know how many of the 22,141 people, who tested positive, are MP's? Or celebrities? Out of the 66.44 million people in the UK. Do they have particularly bad luck at catching the virus or is it that less famous people just don't get tested? 🤔
MPs and celebrities will have more global lifestyles, meeting lots of new people and travelling so their chances of catching it are higher than the average person. Plus celebrities will have private health insurance which is why they get tested.

Reactions: 9
I actually googled him and now feel bad cos he seems like the type of person if he were your brother or you friend you would want to shield him from people being mean!!
Hahahahahah this is EXACTLY how I felt!!!! I didn’t know anything about him originally and just thought he came across as very...off. Then when you read about him and his brilliant brain you can see why he’s leading this.

Reactions: 8
Asda staff are bellowing at people at my local who are not standing 2 meters apart, that's both at other staff and shoppers.
It's terrifying, you walk on tenterhooks waiting for someone to holler at/across/around you.
They'll be literally slapping peoples back pockets nxt ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I must say I quite like Governor Cuomo's daily briefings in New York. His speeches are always so motivational and empowering in a way. He is a very charismatic speaker.

MPs and celebrities will have more global lifestyles, meeting lots of new people and travelling so their chances of catching it are higher than the average person. Plus celebrities will have private health insurance which is why they get tested.
In short your wealth is your health (y)

Reactions: 1
Aww no I didnt mean Chris Whitty was a bad guy, it's just the public broadcast suddenly coming on. Think it could have been anyone giving that message close up like the tv had just cut to this message and it would have been a bit 😳

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.