Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So do we think at the 3 week review in 2 weeks that things will get more restricted, less restricted or stay the same?
I think it will depend on the stats and how well people are following the restrictions. I’m almost certain we won’t be less restricted, but I’m not sure at this point whether they’ll remain the same or get stricter

Reactions: 7
I think we’re obviously gonna see a spike in the numbers once they start accounting for the very sad home deaths.
i just really hope that what we’re doing is enough to keep this peak flattening out, whilst the number of deaths is a little blurred we have to be positive that the rate of hosp admission IS v slowly dropping, that can’t really be tweaked so I hope that’s something good for the moment.

we just have to wait and see if the covidiots on the weekend before lockdown did more damage than good 🤞🏻😞
Patrick Valance did say he didn't expect there to be that many home deaths to add to the tally.

Reactions: 3
So do we think at the 3 week review in 2 weeks that things will get more restricted, less restricted or stay the same?
I think best case scenario it will be the same. They will definitely not be less restrictive. We need to hit the peak and then maintain that for a while before any restrictions can be loosened.

Reactions: 5
I have a feeling we’ll get a little stricter, but for a short amount of time. Like 2 weeks? And then back to what we are.
So that psychologically, we feel that where we are now *gestures widely into the abyss of where we are now* feels like freedom. I think they’ll play it safer and nearer 8/10 weeks we’ll have looser controls

Reactions: 14
I went out for my walk today like most days which is usually very quiet and it was full on people dodging. Lot's of older pensioners out walking togged up with backpacks and walking gear and people with kids on scooters and bikes, it was like a bank holiday. It's like you tell people to limit what they can do and suddenly they all want to do it.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Yeah I dont think we will get less restrictions either. I'm hoping things stay more or less the same but people still arent following the rules (my eldest had a friend call on him yesterday, really annoyed me) and some business are still taking the piss so will probably get tighter because of that

• Wow
UK which includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland figures are 180 in total for last 24 hrs.
Think you're right, I read some figures that have now been corrected. I don't think the figures are accurate though, we're going to have to wait and compare year on year. As in every country the government uses numbers to push its message... it's a mix of don't panic the figures are going down, stay at home or we're all going to die, and the Chinese special Nope, nothing to see here.

Reactions: 5
I'll be fuming if my end of May wedding has been cancelled for nowt. (But obv I hope we are more relaxed!)

05F4B088-C4A0-45F5-B276-9200469E10DF.png

So I have a question. If testing is only being done on people that are too ill to self isolate at home (or I guess if you’re a celebrity) what are the 112,805 people who tested negative coming down with that are causing them to be admitted to hospital?

Reactions: 13
From the doctor they spoke to in 60 mins- she said the disease started much sooner in around november. So I personally think this is here to stay in the UK for a minimum of 4 months.

• Sad
Why was at home deaths never included in uk deaths in the first place ?
Is it possibly because they weren't tested ?

Reactions: 4
Just seen this online was shared by a local pharmacy
I've been spraying and wiping every supermarket item with Home Bargains version of zoflora.....ekkk. might switch to proper bleach and water now!

That’s right I work for a manufacturing firm even though it’s non essential we can stay open if we can keep the social distancing.
Gosh I didn't know that. I thought unless you are a 'key worker' you have to stay at home

Reactions: 1
I've been spraying and wiping every supermarket item with Home Bargains version of zoflora.....ekkk. might switch to proper bleach and water now!

Gosh I didn't know that. I thought unless you are a 'key worker' you have to stay at home
it was to begin with, now they’ve changed the goal posts.

Reactions: 1
Why was at home deaths never included in uk deaths in the first place ?
Is it possibly because they weren't tested ?
I think Sir Patrick Vallance because there was delay in the cause of death being noted as COVID-19 and things like that. He does touch on it in the press conference today.
I wonder how Chris Witty is doing? Has he been tested?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.