Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We’ve made it through week one. It’s tempting to feel hopeless because we don’t know how long this will go on for, but I think getting through a week of this is still a victory

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Well I'm only basing it off the video they've released showing the first 1500 beds set up... And they're all like this minus the ventilator.
No sign of a camp bed... Yet 🤞🏼
better yet no sign of marked out spaces on the floor that some people have been subjected to

Reactions: 2
Report your husband's company to the council/government/police and they will be forced to close. Disgusting behaviour on their part putting profits before health
I’m confused. I though factories could stay open regardless of it they are essential or not? I thought the advice was if you can work from home, do. If not, your company has to ensure social distancing?

Reactions: 9
Reassuring to see Italian figures declining.
its just hit me that 812 deaths is a “positive“
its 2020 and 812 deaths in one day is a positive.

we’re all gonna come out of this really kinda broke and really kinda fucked up aren’t we 😐

• Sad
Reactions: 30

we’re all gonna come out of this really kinda broke and really kinda fucked up aren’t we 😐
Yuuuup.
De-bleeping-sensitised I think the word is.

Reactions: 16
uk That's just england, UK figure is 201. The start of massaging the figures so it looks better than it is. Not on as shameless a scale as China.
UK which includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland figures are 180 in total for last 24 hrs.

On the one hand, had to do an Aldi run for the in-laws today and was pleasantly surprised. Got everything or a fair substitition and that should put them on for about 10 days until I shop for us and get some veg for them at the same time (we eat a lot more frozen and tinned).

On the other, my partner's best mate's dad has it and has been in hospital for a week now with no encouraging news. Been no visitors for a few days at that particular Trust, but they are thinking of relaxing it a little bit for definite end-of-life - so don't really want to get the phonecall saying they can see dad. Not sure if our mate and his mum can go up though? It was diagnosed as pneumonia at first and his mum and dad live together/they were all up visiting at the bedside with no protection, so they could have it now. So we're worried that they get told it's coming to the end but have to stay isolated at home.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Worried about not being able to get an online shop with proof I'm vulnerable. I might only have asthma & mental health issues but I have relied on this way for years as have many in my village as we don't have anywhere to shop. At my worst I never left my house for 8 weeks & it was a lifeline to me. I hate the stigma that I might look okay but I rarely feel it.
Where abouts are you?

I’m confused. I though factories could stay open regardless of it they are essential or not? I thought the advice was if you can work from home, do. If not, your company has to ensure social distancing?
That’s right I work for a manufacturing firm even though it’s non essential we can stay open if we can keep the social distancing.

I recommend @markfrancois12 on twitter, he's doing a plague diary, like a gone wrong Pepys, it's the best thing on twitter, and a relief from the relentless bad news.

Reactions: 4
I think we’re obviously gonna see a spike in the numbers once they start accounting for the very sad home deaths.
i just really hope that what we’re doing is enough to keep this peak flattening out, whilst the number of deaths is a little blurred we have to be positive that the rate of hosp admission IS v slowly dropping, that can’t really be tweaked so I hope that’s something good for the moment.

we just have to wait and see if the covidiots on the weekend before lockdown did more damage than good 🤞🏻😞

Reactions: 9
Report your husband's company to the council/government/police and they will be forced to close. Disgusting behaviour on their part putting profits before health
If it’s anything like the business we work for as long as the company still have the orders and can fulfil them they can’t do the retention scheme, at present non essential factories can open if they practice social distancing.

So do we think at the 3 week review in 2 weeks that things will get more restricted, less restricted or stay the same?

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.