Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You’d think some of them would dip their hands in their pockets and fund some ventilators right?
I’ve heard, in the past , the the Beckhams are very generous with their charitable donations but keep it quiet , I admire that if it’s true but we all know what a wanker he is and it could be bollocks.

When the vast majority of the nation are facing little money, a lost job and uncertainty about how to pay for our homes these privileged people need to think about what they put online because they don’t have to post.

Reactions: 9
I have a question, I was wondering if anyone could answer for me,
Are you allowed to give a lift in your car to a work mate ??
If it meets social distancing I’d say so, my husband gets a lift in a huge car and is sitting in the back as far away from driver as possible it’s just the two of them. Not ideal but it’s the only way he can get into work atm.

Reactions: 3
You’d think some of them would dip their hands in their pockets and fund some ventilators right?
The problem isn’t being able to pay for ventilators, they literally can’t produce them quick enough that’s the real problem.

Reactions: 8
If it meets social distancing I’d say so, my husband gets a lift in a huge car and is sitting in the back as far away from driver as possible it’s just the two of them. Not ideal but it’s the only way he can get into work atm.
It’s a fiesta iv got 😬

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I have a question, I was wondering if anyone could answer for me,
Are you allowed to give a lift in your car to a work mate ??
I wouldn't think so unless you're 2mtr apart ...they're saying not to even meet friends or family,to stay within your own family unit...

Reactions: 7
Dr Harris said 6 months of restriction, not 6 months of lockdown. She even clarified that point. Wuhan are easing restrictions now after 8 weeks - I imagine we will see continued social distancing in shops, at work, it will become the ‘new normal’. But you won’t be locked in your homes for 6 months.

Please everyone who is struggling just take it a week at a time, trust in our medics and scientists and have hope. It’s really helping me. If you start believing you won’t see your Mum or boyfriend for 6 months you will make yourself unwell. X

Reactions: 44
Ok so I have been worrying all weekend that my company are going to put my team on furlough and I only joined in March so I would effectively be dismissed if this happens.

I was just wondering how many others are in this position and if there is anything we can do to get this flagged/rectified as we seem to be the ones falling through the cracks with the government. I have already emailed the gov website and was thinking about contacting my local MP. Not sure if a petition would be useful?

Please don’t come at me - I know in the grand scheme this is not the worst thing that is happening but I don’t think I can handle financial worries on top of everything else going on at the minute.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Mine is using WhatsApp video calling but it feels really weird and I couldn't settle.
exactly... I find it really uncomfortable. I think it makes me uneasy not being able to see their body language? I don't know but it isn't as effective for me at all. :(

Reactions: 2
Ok so I have been worrying all weekend that my company are going to put my team on furlough and I only joined in March so I would effectively be dismissed if this happens.

I was just wondering how many others are in this position and if there is anything we can do to get this flagged/rectified as we seem to be the ones falling through the cracks with the government. I have already emailed the gov website and was thinking about contacting my local MP. Not sure if a petition would be useful?

Please don’t come at me - I know in the grand scheme this is not the worst thing that is happening but I don’t think I can handle financial worries on top of everything else going on at the minute.
That sucks! Although I just don’t see how they can change the policy, being in the payroll the month before is really the only way they can structure this. Otherwise it’s basically just taking someone’s word for it that they had a job and earned X amount. Hopefully your team can work from home instead.

exactly... I find it really uncomfortable. I think it makes me uneasy not being able to see their body language? I don't know but it isn't as effective for me at all. :(
There's definitely not that sense of comfort from being in their physical presence, plus the fear of the connection dropping. I'm really struggling since yesterday.

• Sad
So I’ve just read on the Daily Mail (I know) that a young boy with psoriasis died. Apparently because psoriasis is an auto immune disease. I have very mild psoriasis, usually flares up when I’m stressed. Don’t usually take anything for it as it clears up on its own. At its worst I had to use a steroid cream.

But now along with that and my BMI being so high it feels like things are stacked so heavily against me. I’m staying at home all the time but with my husband still having to work and obviously going to the shop for food I feel like it’s a matter of time. People are worried about being restricted for a few months, I’m worried I won’t be here, it’s so terrifying. I really feel like I need to just avoid the internet altogether now.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
So I’ve just read on the Daily Mail (I know) that a young boy with psoriasis died. Apparently because psoriasis is an auto immune disease. I have very mild psoriasis, usually flares up when I’m stressed. Don’t usually take anything for it as it clears up on its own. At its worst I had to use a steroid cream.

But now along with that and my BMI being so high it feels like things are stacked so heavily against me. I’m staying at home all the time but with my husband still having to work and obviously going to the shop for food I feel like it’s a matter of time. People are worried about being restricted for a few months, I’m worried I won’t be here, it’s so terrifying. I really feel like I need to just avoid the internet altogether now.
My friend has two auto immune diseases and works in a school but her Dr said she would be OK to stay at work. Try not to worry and the Daily Mail do exaggerate and love to scaremonger.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.