Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone have any tips for boredom 😞 I have a family (boyfriend and 12 month old baba) but I am not one for staying in I just find Myself eating the cupboards when I’m not at work or baba is sleeping. I walked to my local shop today and it’s just so surreal how quiet it is on the roads.

Reactions: 2
So I’ve just read on the Daily Mail (I know) that a young boy with psoriasis died. Apparently because psoriasis is an auto immune disease. I have very mild psoriasis, usually flares up when I’m stressed. Don’t usually take anything for it as it clears up on its own. At its worst I had to use a steroid cream.

But now along with that and my BMI being so high it feels like things are stacked so heavily against me. I’m staying at home all the time but with my husband still having to work and obviously going to the shop for food I feel like it’s a matter of time. People are worried about being restricted for a few months, I’m worried I won’t be here, it’s so terrifying. I really feel like I need to just avoid the internet altogether now.
I get this- and have endometriosis and now I'm worrying I'm at higher risk. My husband is still having to go out to work. We have young children. It's just such a terrifying time 😕

Reactions: 1
I have a question, I was wondering if anyone could answer for me,
Are you allowed to give a lift in your car to a work mate ??
I think it’s up to personal preference? I’m a postie we’re not allowed to van share anymore but whilst I’ve been out I’ve been builders roofers etc 2 of them in a van

Reactions: 3
Are we supposed to be washing and bleaching our shopping? I haven't been. tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I have a question, I was wondering if anyone could answer for me,
Are you allowed to give a lift in your car to a work mate ??
Can you guarantee safe distance in the car? My husband works in construction and the site have said no van share, for example.

I saw someone outside Tesco's cleaning all her shopping before she put it in her car...but I don't bother personally

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That sucks! Although I just don’t see how they can change the policy, being in the payroll the month before is really the only way they can structure this. Otherwise it’s basically just taking someone’s word for it that they had a job and earned X amount. Hopefully your team can work from home instead.
I’m not sure I would necessarily agree with this as most companies will have evidence of hiring information for all new starters. And my company payroll is put through mid month so they could see that I was on that payroll mid March before the announcement from the chancellor.

As if it couldn't get any worse, then Tony Blair pops up to say we should be testing more.

No tit Sherlock! It's only what the WHO, experts and countries that have been handling it well for weeks have been saying.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
My daughter works in a pub part time. She has received an email today to say she has bee furloughed until the end of June at present. So at least 12 weeks at the moment, it can be extended if necessary
I work in cafe, and I’m still yet to hear anything from my employer. Iv emailed and asked but nothing back. Will try again tommorow. Iv worked 2 years full time on 0 hours

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I am still going to work in my non essential call center for a company that sells non essential clothes.
Boris is sending us a letter regarding lockdown rules? Boris, why not write to the non essential companies that are still trading online and tell them to close down by end of week or pay a fine of £10,000.
He needs to act on these businesses. Getting well annoyed.....

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
As if it couldn't get any worse, then Tony Blair pops up to say we should be testing more.

No tit Sherlock! It's only what the WHO, experts and countries that have been handling it well for weeks have been saying.
Like many, I saw that and thought "Tony Blair? Oh do duck off." Same goes for David Cameron (set a political bomb off then walked off), Gove (went against all professional educators advice to 'reform' the school system i.e screw the curriculum/assesment system), or Jeremy Hunt (thinks NHS can be run by managers).

Honestly they all make me want to punch the TV screen.

I LOVE Rishi though- best bit of talent to come through in years. Bloody marvellous.

Reactions: 24
Me neither, my husband works in a supermarket online distribution centre. Haven’t done that nor decontaminated his clothes, stuck some dettol in my washes 🤷🏻‍♀️

Ok so thisnis tattle so I can confess, right? Has anyone else bought unnecessary online tit in the last week?

My guilty online purchases include:

- personalised birthday cake (child)
- gardening stuff
- 2 x tubs og sweets/snacks
- cycling gloves and a helium balloon for birthday child
- protein bars
- alcohol
- 2 x takeaways

Forgive me father for I have sinned.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I’ve seen a few posts of some shops doing “one customer per household” type situations which is awesome but, do any workers know, what happens when you need to do multiple shops?
Me and my OH are currently in charge of shopping for our household, my parents (in quarantine due to working in A&E with suspected covid, hopefully to be tested soon to confirm) and both sets of grandparents! So 4 household worth of shops! So far, we’ve both gone in with 2 small lists to last a week each time, and delivered 2 bags at everyone’s door on the route home... we’re due to go tomorrow again, would this now not be allowed? It’s pretty obvious we’re coming from one household as we share a car! Should we just queue separately? With separate trolleys? I think I’m overthinking it due to the anxiety of all these new changes 🤣

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.