Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think we all need to just take this a day at a time. We know there’s gonna be a few months of this, they said that from the start. They said depending how the curve goes, that there would be relaxation and then tighter restrictions. We can’t wake up June 1st and to back to normal life, it would be catastrophic.

everything will be phased, but we have to remember these things are being done for a reason. We’ve all come so far we can’t throw the towel in now, nor can we be the only country who doesn’t have strict guidelines in place.

I’m hoping they mean that if our social distancing works (which is WHY it’s so important!) then the numbers of infections/deaths will be lower than anticipated, and they can loosen the reigns at little.

it’s still very important to realise that the vulnerable are still vulnerable.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Do you think it will be like a reverse on the other side. Like we might have more freedom to see family and friends first, with then restaurants and pubs opening up last?

Reactions: 12
Do you think it will be like a reverse on the other side. Like we might have more freedom to see family and friends first, with then restaurants and pubs opening up last?
it will be a gradual build up of smaller gatherings to larger to limit transmission I’d think

Reactions: 9
ok this could be a coincidence but a family member was in Tesco a few hours ago and the alcohol section is fully closed off. How odd.

Im sure if it was true we’d know about it.
That's what they always do before 10am when they are not allowed to sell alcohol.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
That’s what I’m really hoping for. If me, my parents and boyfriend have all isolated and followed the rules, it would be nice if we could see each other. Surely this is less risk than going to the supermarket and mixing with the general public whom you have no idea about their hygiene habits or if they’re having symptoms or not!

Reactions: 10
I would think it would be "baby steps" first..

Reactions: 4
I won’t cope with 6 months. I can’t go that long without face to face therapy. I’ll end up in a really bad place again.

Just praying it doesn’t get to that but I can see it will 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 16
ok this could be a coincidence but a family member was in Tesco a few hours ago and the alcohol section is fully closed off. How odd.

Im sure if it was true we’d know about it!

this is 🥰
Its sunday thats why the alcohol was out of bounds this morn 😁

• Haha
So anyway back m&s plant kitchen, I got all of this for £6 and would have usually been more like £18. I feel so middle class being able to afford a whole meal from there. You have to see the positive things at the moment 🙂
PSX_20200329_161822.jpg

Tesco had big cakes reduced to £1-£2 and I saw several staff members buying them for their dinner 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
That's what they always do before 10am when they are not allowed to sell alcohol.
It was 2pm. “A few hours ago” from half four 😐 it was all blocked off.
no idea why.

So anyway back m&s plant kitchen, I got all of this for £6 and would have usually been more like £18. I feel so middle class being able to afford a whole meal from there. You have to see the positive things at the moment 🙂
View attachment 101291
love a yellow sticker!!! 😂🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
View attachment 101291
Tesco had big cakes reduced to £1-£2 and I saw several staff members buying them for their dinner 😂
Gosh I must be middle class then as I shop at M&S a lot purely because I like their food. Although I sometimes feel people are looking down on me at the checkouts! I love to see what others that obviously have loads of money are buying! For instance, I wouldn't buy my loo roll in M&S as it's £3 for 4 rolls!

Reactions: 10
Gosh I must be middle class then as I shop at M&S a lot purely because I like their food. Although I sometimes feel people are looking down on me at the checkouts! I love to see what others that obviously have loads of money are buying! For instance, I wouldn't buy my loo roll in M&S as it's £3 for 4 rolls!
Pandemic prices...before the Pandemic ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I hope they lift the ban on small family gatherings soon. I need to see my boyfriend😭 seems to have been a quieter weekend (the weather properly helped!) so I’m hopeful that the message is getting through to people.

Reactions: 5
I won’t cope with 6 months. I can’t go that long without face to face therapy. I’ll end up in a really bad place again.

Just praying it doesn’t get to that but I can see it will 😔
Would your therapist be willing to work online?

Mine made the switch for all his clients last week.

I mainly only buy M&S food for small nice things like their shortbread for christmas gifts and I buy a friend their carrot cake every time I see him. (every 6-7 months).

Last edited:
I’ve unfollowed a bunch of very rich people on IG because their luxurious lifestyle is pissing me right off, Luisa Zissman and then the Beckham clan enjoying downtime on the Pilates contraption and their gym in the second home sent me over the bleeping edge today.

I’m not jealous at all , just pissed off at their need to continue posting inane, bleeping, boring, cooking shite on their bleeping shite £££££ AGA.

• Wow
Reactions: 27
I’ve unfollowed a bunch of very rich people on IG because their luxurious lifestyle is pissing me right off, Luisa Zissman and then the Beckham clan enjoying downtime on the Pilates contraption and their gym in the second home sent me over the bleeping edge today.

I’m not jealous at all , just pissed off at their need to continue posting inane, bleeping, boring, cooking shite on their bleeping shite £££££ AGA.
You’d think some of them would dip their hands in their pockets and fund some ventilators right?

Reactions: 24
I felt like running full-pelt into a brick wall after reading a tweet from Jack Monroe telling us all how to 'keep calm' and how it's ok to let your kid be on the iPad when they're supposed to be doing school work. This was closely followed by an article in the Mirror telling us that Mrs Hinch was going to show us how to clean our houses and exactly what to use to do it'

I mean . . . Can they not just f*CK off?! 🤣

Can't cope with these irrelevant tw*ts thinking we need their validation or advice!

Get in the bin! 🤣

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
My daughter works in a pub part time. She has received an email today to say she has bee furloughed until the end of June at present. So at least 12 weeks at the moment, it can be extended if necessary

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I have a question, I was wondering if anyone could answer for me,
Are you allowed to give a lift in your car to a work mate ??

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.