Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't listen to it, but people on lbc are staying she didn't say continue as it is now on lockdown for 6 months. But measures might be in place for that long, such as social distancing.

Reactions: 8
Well Becky Lamb's doing #isolationglam who ever wants a look ;)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
If this is going on for six months that takes us to September but if they extend it it might take us to Christmas,. They can't keep us apart at Christmas. :cry:

No one knows what the next few months will bring though. The hot weather might help it spread for all we know. I suppose we learn as we go.

Reactions: 4
There’s no way I would carry on like this for six months. Coronavirus won’t kill me since I live alone and won’t have any contact with anyone, but not being able to see my parents, partner and friends for six months would lead me to suicide.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Does anyone know if you already have a slot booked for online shopping, can you book another for a couple of weeks later? It's for my neighbour she doesn't have enough money to stock up. Do you need to wait until the first orders came before you book another? It's ASDA ☺
No I've got 2 slots booked and my friend has 3 weeks booked. I'm not sure if there's any limit to how many in a week though. X

• Angry
Reactions: 3
There’s no way I would carry on like this for six months. Coronavirus won’t kill me since I live alone and won’t have any contact with anyone, but not being able to see my parents, partner and friends for six months would lead me to suicide.
I feel this too. I just won't think I can last. But as usually I'm trying to cheer everyone else on & make others feel less like me.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Hope everyone’s feeling ok. Not feeling good myself just a generally bad day. Wish I could even say my mood was coronavirus related

Sad to hear about the frontline worker. 😔 Its devastating that these people can’t even have the proper send off they deserve.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
The thought of 6 months like this is literally making me cry 😩 my kids are climbing the walls, there’s only so much you can do with them, my anxiety is through the roof, and I know it’s really shallow and pretty crappy to be upset about it, but we have a holiday booked (uk) in August, the first real holiday for ages and we were literally living for that holiday atm, the last 3/4 years have been completely tit, 2020 was supposed to be better 😩😩

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Do you know when they release them? Desperate for a slot for mid April 🙈🙈
I got a tesco click and collect for this Friday yesterday. I'm not sure if someone had cancelled or they are releasing more slots

She's not saying that, she's saying 6 months with some measures in place and before we return to all our normal behaviour. Not 6 months of exactly how it is now

Reactions: 18
I didn't listen to it, but people on lbc are staying she didn't say continue as it is now on lockdown for 6 months. But measures might be in place for that long, such as social distancing.
She must get so frustrated as the media are always twisting her words but I like her as she puts them right and says 'I did not say that'. Also one Journalist kept calling her Paris instead of Harries! I wanted her to correct him but she didn't.

What she said was we will see the deaths rise which is expected as we reach the peak and it will take at least 2 weeks or so to see if our social distancing is making any difference and then they will know more. But if we don't continue with social distancing for longer than 3 weeks then we will get another peak.

Reactions: 13
They've just announced on the news that a Consultant has died of the coronavirus. Age 55 from Queens Hospital, Burton. He's the first front line health professional to die from it. How very sad :-(
One of my children had an appointment with him quite recently. Obviously it's not like I knew him but it does make things seem more 'real' compared to reading things in the media, if that makes sense.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
One of my children had an appointment with him quite recently. Obviously it's not like I knew him but it does make things seem more 'real' compared to reading things in the media, if that makes sense.
I wonder was he one of the two doctors that caught it in his clinic ?

Italy numbers just appeared

+5217 New Cases
+756 Deaths
it's gone down slightly

Fair play to them for doing this for as long as it takes around the clock :love:

My husband just sent this on to me, the second flight to China due to land there around 8:30pm our time

I’m finding it very hard to fault our government right now and it’s not something I say often. 😐
Simon Harris especially has worked none stop.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.