Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
something that is concerning me - is when we are able to venture out again what will stop someone flying in and infecting us all again. i really cant comprehend why we didnt stop all flights in when china first told us. knowing how dangerous it is i think the govt were do wrong and have blood on their hands for that and also for wanting to push for herd immunity when they dont know if we can be immune
I think the issue of flights from China is a bit of a red herring. Even if they had been banned from the very beginning, it still would have gotten here. In fact very little would have been different. One of the first brits to be infected, remember the so-called ‘super spreader’ ? He picked it up in Singapore. The virus was transmitting between people who hadn’t been to China by early February at the latest. The only way of containing it would have been for China to stop all flights. But even then with all the trade or essential movement across borders, I think it’s an inevitably of a globalised world.

On the other hand, herd immunity and the failure of the governments first advice was a total duck up. Terrifying when it turned out how many people could have died if they continued with that policy.

Reactions: 6
Trump's stooped to a new low again..accusing healthcare workers of stealing and selling facemasks :rolleyes:

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
If I was his wife the covid would be the least of my worries ...he's more than likely given her something more dangerous ,with all that screwing around:sick:
Yes, he’s given her pretty good grounds for divorce 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I went for a walk around the local park today, its right next to my house, I saw 3 people in the distance. I needed to get out for my mental health.
I took a photo of the sunset and posted it online and my friend is giving me tit for going outside! 🙈 Apparently we all should be indoors 24/7. Ive been in for 3 days straight and I just needed to clear my head 😩
Your friend is being a dick. Ignore her.
I have a family member who is over 70 but still walks the dog once a day. A shorter and swifter walk but still.
They need to do this for mental health purposes. They do not come into direct contact with anyone during this time, or touch anything!

I know there may be people who disagree but when you have experienced someone with very ill mental health, especially when that person is normally 'above' you in family hierarchy and roles become reversed you just have to do what you can and hope for the best.

Reactions: 13
Trump's stooped to a new low again..accusing healthcare workers of stealing and selling facemasks :rolleyes:
God he’s thick. I thought businessmen understood supply and demand?
CCDEDC51-539E-4B2E-85D7-125F3A4BFB18.jpeg

And as for sinking to new lows, this was pretty damn far
33627912-6DA8-4370-8399-114B17272393.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
Everyone is entitled to that one bit of exercise a day, as long as they are being smart about it, avoiding other people, following the guidelines and not going too far from home/out for too long. Some people are just being cunts and freaking out at others for the sake of it.

Reactions: 6
And here I was a couple of weeks ago saying Boris was way out of his depth, how wrong was I!!! It appears it's Trump who is out of his depth. I'll be extremely shocked if he remains President in the next election, but then again I was shocked he won the Presidency in the first place!! The man is a complete idiot! 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 12
What are we all doing regarding animals? I have a adult cat who is 7 I think. He goes out for a few hours a day and trained to go outside whenever needs toilet. I've seen articles about cats catching corona from owners and now not too sure if we should keep allowing him out for such long times? We do live on a small cul-de-sac which he doesnt venture out of but we have a passageway where people walk through to other side. He isnt so much so an outdoors cat and very much prefers the heat over cold and in winter is inside for basically 22/24 hours. Just not too sure if I'm overreacting like my family think I am
hey I don’t think your over reacting I have two cats your family probably don’t realise how much they mean to you. I have cats and I’m very strict with their coming and going normally so they don’t go missing. If they’ve been out for an hour or so I’m getting them back in :) so do what u feel is right for ur cat xx

So I’ve just read on the Daily Mail (I know) that a young boy with psoriasis died. Apparently because psoriasis is an auto immune disease. I have very mild psoriasis, usually flares up when I’m stressed. Don’t usually take anything for it as it clears up on its own. At its worst I had to use a steroid cream.

But now along with that and my BMI being so high it feels like things are stacked so heavily against me. I’m staying at home all the time but with my husband still having to work and obviously going to the shop for food I feel like it’s a matter of time. People are worried about being restricted for a few months, I’m worried I won’t be here, it’s so terrifying. I really feel like I need to just avoid the internet altogether now.
Hi i have a high bmi, high bp, and chronic asthma and feel the same. Ive beeb in hospital a few times with my chest now and keep thinking if i get it ill deffo be a gonna. Im not comparing at all as we r all different but what we need to do to slow down our thinking is realise- yes its affecti unwell pple like us most, but of All the pple who are testing positive and the majority of them will be in our category, only another small majority go on to pass away. Its crap that alk of these figures exist in the first place and that we have to think like this, but basically of all the larger unhealthier / unwell pple, not all of them get it and of those that do its an even smaller % that pass out of the whole population. If ur staying in etc your doing the right thing. Big hugs x x x x

Reactions: 8
I went for a walk around the local park today, its right next to my house, I saw 3 people in the distance. I needed to get out for my mental health.
I took a photo of the sunset and posted it online and my friend is giving me tit for going outside! 🙈 Apparently we all should be indoors 24/7. Ive been in for 3 days straight and I just needed to clear my head 😩
Ah she’s been a bit mean your allowed a form on exercise per day as long as ur being safe staying away from people and washing your hands as soon as u get in etc.. then why not? I’ve been doing a walk every day to keep me sane... at the back of my house there is a lake only about ten houses can access it so the risk is small anyway but I’m still doing all the procedures :) what if you had a dog...? Ignore her :) xx

Reactions: 7
I'm so confused. I've seen on Facebook 3 businesses by me that are reopening and getting back to work due to restrictions being lifted, as long as they stay two metres apart.

I can't find anywhere that says restrictions are being lifted and an old colleague has announced that their nursery will be open to children from Wednesday. I've messaged her and she said the Government have no input as it's a private business?

I haven't been to sleep yet so I'm fairly sure I haven't missed any news!

I'm so confused. I've seen on Facebook 3 businesses by me that are reopening and getting back to work due to restrictions being lifted, as long as they stay two metres apart.

I can't find anywhere that says restrictions are being lifted and an old colleague has announced that their nursery will be open to children from Wednesday. I've messaged her and she said the Government have no input as it's a private business?

Sounds as if she's saying the government have no input and they are choosing to do this themselves. Haven't seen any news either

Reactions: 1

Interesting as my cousin who is a bank contractor (whatever that means) is back at work starting this week. Only 7 of his team of 14 and they'll alternate weekly as they've shuffled their office so everyone is 3m apart. Absurd if you ask me.

Can’t get a delivery slot in my area for over three weeks. What are you meant to do if you’re alone with no car? Can’t do a full shop in one go. That’s gonna take at least three trips with cat food and litter etc 🙄 idk anymore

guarantee lots of those slots are taken up by people with transport that already probably have lots of food. Grr

Reactions: 10
Can’t get a delivery slot in my area for over three weeks. What are you meant to do if you’re alone with no car? Can’t do a full shop in one go. That’s gonna take at least three trips with cat food and litter etc 🙄 idk anymore

guarantee lots of those slots are taken up by people with transport that already probably have lots of food. Grr
I do understand how you feel (have no car either). I usually get deliveries via Ocado and slots are snapped up so quickly.
Just mentioning a couple of things that helped me. Online pet shop Fetch (by Ocado) are currently offering free delivery on orders over £29. Usually they deliver next day, currently it is up to 7 days, but still an opportunity to stock up. Also Morrisons £40 box provides a good selection of basics, fresh and non perishable items. Not the same as clicking what you want into your basket but better than risking multiple trips to the supermarket.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.