Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That was my concern about the Cheltenham Festival being allowed to go ahead. Still can't believe it was allowed - 60,000 attended on day one alone.
I watched a programme about the Cheltenham festival which said just in those 5 days they can make £100million. This government put money first over peoples lives, they should've banned the festival.

Reactions: 5
Schools will definitely not be opening after the Easter holidays, teachers have not received info on that.
I think they will reopen in September. You don’t go and cancel all GCSEs and Alevels if schools are only closed for 2 or 3 weeks. This is obviously a longer term measure.
It would be idiotic to open schools anytime enfor September. Secondary schools particularly where there's in some cases 1800 teenagers like packed sardines in corridors/halls... A breading ground for the virus.

Inrraly..hope the government take everyone's health into consideration over the economy. We need a good few months at home socially isolating to kick the virus - if life rushes back to normality too soon it will have all been pointless and there be a 'second wave'

What are we all doing regarding animals? I have a adult cat who is 7 I think. He goes out for a few hours a day and trained to go outside whenever needs toilet. I've seen articles about cats catching corona from owners and now not too sure if we should keep allowing him out for such long times? We do live on a small cul-de-sac which he doesnt venture out of but we have a passageway where people walk through to other side. He isnt so much so an outdoors cat and very much prefers the heat over cold and in winter is inside for basically 22/24 hours. Just not too sure if I'm overreacting like my family think I am

Reactions: 1
What are we all doing regarding animals? I have a adult cat who is 7 I think. He goes out for a few hours a day and trained to go outside whenever needs toilet. I've seen articles about cats catching corona from owners and now not too sure if we should keep allowing him out for such long times? We do live on a small cul-de-sac which he doesnt venture out of but we have a passageway where people walk through to other side. He isnt so much so an outdoors cat and very much prefers the heat over cold and in winter is inside for basically 22/24 hours. Just not too sure if I'm overreacting like my family think I am
From a vet- animals can't get covid 19. They have their own strains of coronavirus. Don't worry about that ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 9
There was a post earlier from someone, I've tried to find it but no success.
You were upset about having to cancel your holiday because you'd had a really bad few years and you were holding onto it as your bit of hope. That 2020 was meant to be better.

I wanted to say that I completely understand. Also I want to reassure you that you are not a selfish monster. It's ok to be distressed that the one thing that was keeping you afloat isn't happening. It doesn't mean that you don't care about the hardship of others or aren't aware that others are dealing with larger problems. Please be kind to yourself.

Also, we've been in a weird situation this weekend. A close family member has been in a life threatening condition in hospital (unrelated to Covid). The communication between hosp and us has been delayed, (understandably,they are busy). However, we have been treated with compassion and reassured where possible.

There is no visiting allowed but we were told that should the situation move to 'end of life' then one person would be allowed to visit.
I hope this reassures someone. Where possible, staff are doing everything they can for people not to die alone.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Haha I enjoyed these thoughts. I think it was in the celebrity gossip thread I saw that the wife of Prince Albert of Monaco (think it was him) found out he (allegedly) had a secret 15 year old daughter when he got the virus and had to reveal his whereabouts for the previous two weeks! May well be nonsense but it’s great gossip. What a rich twit.
well he does have at least another two that he eventually admitted to

Reactions: 3
well he does have at least another two that he eventually admitted to
If I was his wife the covid would be the least of my worries ...he's more than likely given her something more dangerous ,with all that screwing around:sick:

Reactions: 3
😂 that’s what I do with our cross trainer! I’m much more of a running fan and I don’t like running on the pavement 😟
I find myself getting lazy with the cross trainer cos I can use my hands whereas I can’t browse on my phone when I’m running 😂
At my age, and with my health, I only walk on it, but I can easily go at 6km per hour for 20 mins. I cover a mile in around 12 mins.

Reactions: 4
something that is concerning me - is when we are able to venture out again what will stop someone flying in and infecting us all again. i really cant comprehend why we didnt stop all flights in when china first told us. knowing how dangerous it is i think the govt were do wrong and have blood on their hands for that and also for wanting to push for herd immunity when they dont know if we can be immune

Reactions: 14
My mum is a lay preacher at her church.
She said for burials the service cannot be held in the church but must be held outside by the graveside.
No idea on numbers, etc or what crematoriums are doing?
A friend has a funeral for their grandparent the other day (died due to non covid reason). 10 family members allow only. No family cars/limos. Had to sit 2m apart

something that is concerning me - is when we are able to venture out again what will stop someone flying in and infecting us all again. i really cant comprehend why we didnt stop all flights in when china first told us. knowing how dangerous it is i think the govt were do wrong and have blood on their hands for that and also for wanting to push for herd immunity when they dont know if we can be immune
I agree we should have closed the borders and grounded all flights. Using army period Aly to bring British citizens back only. And we should continue to keep them closesd til at least September/October!

Reactions: 6
I was just talking about that earlier ,idk how they'll stop it from coming to these shores again...

Reactions: 4
Why is the government talking about spending millions to fly people back? Lots of these people ignored travel advice to return a week ago and now commercial flights are stopping they're stuck. If they didn't return when they had options I don't think we should be spending millions to fly them back. That money should be for the NHS and their workers!!
100%. start a petition. I'd sign it x

I went for a walk around the local park today, its right next to my house, I saw 3 people in the distance. I needed to get out for my mental health.
I took a photo of the sunset and posted it online and my friend is giving me tit for going outside! 🙈 Apparently we all should be indoors 24/7. Ive been in for 3 days straight and I just needed to clear my head 😩

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I went for a walk around the local park today, its right next to my house, I saw 3 people in the distance. I needed to get out for my mental health.
I took a photo of the sunset and posted it online and my friend is giving me tit for going outside! 🙈 Apparently we all should be indoors 24/7. Ive been in for 3 days straight and I just needed to clear my head 😩
you did nothing wrong they are being stupid

Reactions: 18
You'll never use it. Trust me, I've got one! 😄 I started going on it in the evenings while I watched football on the TV, but with no football, my usage has plummeted.
I second that! I bought one after Christmas, I’ve used it probably 4 times since 😂

Omg I love gummy snakes - off to order some right now 😂😂😂

Jokes aside Boris said no leaving the house. You’re not leaving the house if you’re ordering online 😉😉
No, but the warehouse pickers and delivery drivers are having to leave the house unnecessarily 😢
Surely it’s better for the whole country if as many people stay home and have the least amount of social contact possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.