Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This might sound ridiculous but I’m in such a flap and don’t know where to post it.

I think I’ve been exposed to someone who has it. In a roundabout way 😞

I’ve been painting my bedroom, and on Tuesday the lightbulb blew. Had no spare so texted a neighbour to ask if he had a spare. He did and left it on my kitchen windowsill. Had it in my head to scrub my hands as soon as I put the bulb in.

Of course head here set it down to move the stepladder, it fell and smashed. With having 4 cats running about I quickly grabbed the dustpan and brush, then the hoover - without thinking about touching the bulb and not washing my hands.

The neighbour’s wife’s symptoms started that night. And now it’s started with him too.

I’ve cleaned them all now but I’m SO anxious and paranoid about what I touched before washing.

I’m sorry for writing an essay tattlers. Trying to get my thoughts out so I can hopefully sleep a while ❤

• Sad
Reactions: 6
The advice a couple of weeks ago was to self isolate for 14 days if you had been in close proximity with a known and diagnosed covid19 case.

The chief medical officer was yet again doing the press conference today so is clearly not adhering to those guidelines after coming into contact with Boris Johnson - a supposed confirmed covid 19 case.

Why can families not be with their loved ones as they die if it’s that contagious - but Dr Harries is okay to continue posing a risk to the general public by not self isolating after also being ‘exposed’ to the disease by Mr Johnson at other press conferences. It makes no sense.

Have opened my eyes and realised we are being lied to which is scarier than the idea of a pandemic itself. I really don’t buy it at all. We are not being told a lot of things and I would be very surprised if there wasn’t an agenda behind this all.

Reactions: 19
The advice a couple of weeks ago was to self isolate for 14 days if you had been in close proximity with a known and diagnosed covid19 case.

The chief medical officer was yet again doing the press conference today so is clearly not adhering to those guidelines after coming into contact with Boris Johnson - a supposed confirmed covid 19 case.

Why can families not be with their loved ones as they die if it’s that contagious - but Dr Harries is okay to continue posing a risk to the general public by not self isolating after also being ‘exposed’ to the disease by Mr Johnson at other press conferences. It makes no sense.

Have opened my eyes and realised we are being lied to which is scarier than the idea of a pandemic itself. I really don’t buy it at all. We are not being told a lot of things and I would be very surprised if there wasn’t an agenda behind this all.
There’s something odd. Don’t know what yet, we may never know. But there’s something not being told to us you’re right.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
This might sound ridiculous but I’m in such a flap and don’t know where to post it.

I think I’ve been exposed to someone who has it. In a roundabout way 😞

I’ve been painting my bedroom, and on Tuesday the lightbulb blew. Had no spare so texted a neighbour to ask if he had a spare. He did and left it on my kitchen windowsill. Had it in my head to scrub my hands as soon as I put the bulb in.

Of course head here set it down to move the stepladder, it fell and smashed. With having 4 cats running about I quickly grabbed the dustpan and brush, then the hoover - without thinking about touching the bulb and not washing my hands.

The neighbour’s wife’s symptoms started that night. And now it’s started with him too.

I’ve cleaned them all now but I’m SO anxious and paranoid about what I touched before washing.

I’m sorry for writing an essay tattlers. Trying to get my thoughts out so I can hopefully sleep a while ❤
I just found out today that last week I may have been in a pharmacy at the same time as someone diagnosed with the virus yesterday. I live in a small country down so was not expecting that. I am angry because I was actually in and out of pharmacy 3 times that day as they misplaced my asthma preventer I was there to pick up. To top it all off I had my 2 year old with me. Sending you good vibes and praying not you or me or my daughter have it xx

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just lying in bed over thinking about things... what about people that are having affairs? What will they do? Just stop...or if they are that selfish to begin with just carry on and spread the virus around both lovers???
And men that have two families at once? Do they just pick one to lock down with?
I actually have a friend in this situation.
He has a fiance and a child and then he also has a secret long term girlfriend.
He has 2 Facebook accounts and he literally lives a double life.
He has a house with his fiance and they're planning a wedding for next year. But then he goes on holidays to ibiza etc with his girlfriend.
Been going on for about 2 years.

We're all convinced his fiance knows about the girlfriend but can't ask her without the fear of revealing his secret.
Its a mess.
But, he's in lockdown with his fiance and child, and has told the girlfriend that his parents are high risk so he's with them.

Very awkward when we invite him to an occasion and we don't know which one he's going to bring 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I wouldn't trust them. Last week they were reporting a 21 yr old girl died from covid and had no underlying conditions, THEN they said she actually had asthma, THEN the hospital came forward and said she didn't even test positive for covid. I am not paying much attention tbh as it is feamongering.
I knew the part about it coming out that she had asthma but not the part about not being tested for Covid 19? Did all this come from the hospital?

Reactions: 3
No, but the warehouse pickers and delivery drivers are having to leave the house unnecessarily 😢
Surely it’s better for the whole country if as many people stay home and have the least amount of social contact possible.
I was joking I didn’t order any x

So I’ve just read on the Daily Mail (I know) that a young boy with psoriasis died. Apparently because psoriasis is an auto immune disease. I have very mild psoriasis, usually flares up when I’m stressed. Don’t usually take anything for it as it clears up on its own. At its worst I had to use a steroid cream.

But now along with that and my BMI being so high it feels like things are stacked so heavily against me. I’m staying at home all the time but with my husband still having to work and obviously going to the shop for food I feel like it’s a matter of time. People are worried about being restricted for a few months, I’m worried I won’t be here, it’s so terrifying. I really feel like I need to just avoid the internet altogether now.

It seems it is only if you are on immunosuppressive drugs otherwise if has a minimal increased risk of catching it.

At my age, and with my health, I only walk on it, but I can easily go at 6km per hour for 20 mins. I cover a mile in around 12 mins.
As long as your moving! My goal is to get to a 5k then a 10k. I used to smash it at the gym way back when I could go and I hit 30 this year, so I’m looking to get back to feeling good 🙌🏻

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Does anyone know what time the newest Tesco slots become available ? They are all fully booked and when I look first thing in the morning the newest added day is always already sold out.

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know the rules regarding going for a drive on your own? I’m concerned that my car battery will be flat at the end of this so that first morning back to work will be a nightmare. I’m not the one in my family doing shopping so my car hasn’t been used in a week and a half already. If there’s nobody else in my car, surely there’s no harm in me just driving round for a little bit???

I was having this chat with my husband during our "daily exercise". We were laughing about how mental it is, who would ever have thought we would be using terms like isolation etc in 2020.
And I was saying god I'm sure the government are loving the control they have at the moment?
I'm.not even sure I'd I want to delve into it... you are right what we dont know might be more scary.

Does anyone know the rules regarding going for a drive on your own? I’m concerned that my car battery will be flat at the end of this so that first morning back to work will be a nightmare. I’m not the one in my family doing shopping so my car hasn’t been used in a week and a half already. If there’s nobody else in my car, surely there’s no harm in me just driving round for a little bit???
I think the chances of you being caught are minimal anyway but if you’re literally staying in your car I can’t see the harm at all. And it’s a necessity to keep your car working.

I think the chances of you being caught are minimal anyway but if you’re literally staying in your car I can’t see the harm at all. And it’s a necessity to keep your car working.
I live in a small town so I think the chance of me being stopped are minimal but I also do want to comply with the advice we’re being given!! I don’t see the harm if I’m on my own in my own car and not getting out at any point! Also massively would help with the cabin fever!

I live in a small town so I think the chance of me being stopped are minimal but I also do want to comply with the advice we’re being given!! I don’t see the harm if I’m on my own in my own car and not getting out at any point! Also massively would help with the cabin fever!
You could just start up your car without actually going anywhere and leave it running for 5/10 minutes while you listen to the radio.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
i just go out every other day and start it and run it for a few mins. move it back and forth so brakes dont get stuck. if you can leave the handbrake off. im a woman so know naff all about cars so just doing whats right for me

You could just start up your car without actuat going anyway and leave it running for 5/10 minutes while you listen to the radio.
surely the radio will run the battery down though

Where do you keep your car? Mines parked on the driveway and I’ve just been going out & starting it & leaving it running for 10 mins or so every other day. If it’s parked somewhere you can keep an eye on it, it should be fine.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm going stir crazy cooped up and would love to take a drive to the coast, take a picnic, park up on the sea front NOT GET OUT OF THE CAR and just sit there for a while..... If people wasn't flaunting the rules surely this would be ok ?

I don't know about anyone else but I'm going stir crazy cooped up and would love to take a drive to the coast, take a picnic, park up on the sea front NOT GET OUT OF THE CAR and just sit there for a while..... If people wasn't flaunting the rules surely this would be ok ?
I feel like if people were sensible in the first place it would be. I live a 5 min drive from many secluded lovely spots, but instead I'm restricted to a loop round my house that is always busy. I'd feel safer popping somewhere in the car but cant so I'm not going anywhere.

• Sad
You could just start up your car without actuat going anyway and leave it running for 5/10 minutes while you listen to the radio.
Never even considered my car! I drive a really old one so better go and start it later 🤦‍♀️ My MOT is due end April so at least that doesn’t have to be worried about for 6 months now they’ve extended them. So much to get my head around at the moment, I have to home school and work from home and feel I’m not doing enough in either at the moment. Just want to hide under the blankets today 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.