Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We need a Rishi appreciation society 😘
It's too bad he's going to force 100 years of austerity on the British public, and drag the country back to the dark ages in order to repay his huge "borrowing". Truth is, this is all Monopoly money that's been printed out of thin air. The idea that he's borrowed it from some bunch of aliens on Mars who want it all paid back with interest, is a falsehood. Does anyone seriously believe this money can and ever will be paid back? Same goes for the $2 trillion Trump's spent in the US. The American people will never pay that back through taxation. There's only one way this ends, and that's a total erasure of all global debt generated due to the virus. For those knowledgeable about economic history, I'm betting on Bretton Woods MkII, otherwise, their will be global rioting and a break down in law and order.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
The only thing I’ve bought is a treadmill 😂
And hand sani!
I did a boots order with teething stuff & Some make up for myself last week thankfully - have you seen the online queues now!

I need to get my son some new clothes but if I’m honest I haven’t really wanted to browse. I know I should really incase deliveries do get stopped.
I’m not even looking on amazon for gummy sweets or I’ll be rolling out or lock down 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Is anybody else actually nervous about the end of lockdown? I havent been out since last monday but went for a walk today. Actually didnt want to go.
My grandmother developed agoraphobia during the troubles and it can be hereditary so I'm worried I'll end up the same after this!
Yes! I've been thinking about this. There's so many places I can't imagine going now.

Reactions: 4
I'm so sorry about your cat ♥
Thank you. As hard as it’s been we all agree as a family that it’s a good thing he isn’t here during this stressful time as he was so unwell.

We’ve ran out of cheese in my house after eating cheese toasties all week!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I have a midwife appointment on tuesday and I cannot wait to be able to go out. I'm not due until june but praying its relatively normal by then. My dad is extremely vulnerable and has about 30% lung function and I'd be devastated if he couldn't meet the baby.
Im meant to be having a midwife appointment tomorrow (also due in june) but i feel the opposite.. As much as I'd like to get out im terrified too :(

Reactions: 1
It's too bad he's going to force 100 years of austerity on the British public, and drag the country back to the dark ages in order to repay his huge "borrowing". Truth is, this is all Monopoly money that's been printed out of thin air. The idea that he's borrowed it from some bunch of aliens on Mars who want it all paid back with interest, is a falsehood. Does anyone seriously believe this money can and ever will be paid back? Same goes for the $2 trillion Trump's spent in the US. The American people will never pay that back through taxation. There's only one way this ends, and that's a total erasure of all global debt generated due to the virus. For those knowledgeable about economic history, I'm betting on Bretton Woods MkII, otherwise, their will be global rioting and a break down in law and order.
there is no easy solution. we will all be paying for this for many many years to come

Reactions: 3
My partner has developed a cold over last night and today. I got asked by my parents to get them a few bits they have run out of tomorrow. I dont know how to tell them I cant and to get my sister to get it without worrying them. I dont want to go out just incase I dont want anything on my mind that I've made anyone unsafe

Reactions: 1
My partner has developed a cold over last night and today. I got asked by my parents to get them a few bits they have run out of tomorrow. I dont know how to tell them I cant and to get my sister to get it without worrying them. I dont want to go out just incase I dont want anything on my mind that I've made anyone unsafe
I hope your partner feels better, if you really can't stand to tell them you could say your sister offered as she had to go for herself anyway and tell her in confidence, otherwise just say it's mild and you're both fine and will keep in touch?

Im meant to be having a midwife appointment tomorrow (also due in june) but i feel the opposite.. As much as I'd like to get out im terrified too :(
Ah I understand that. I'm in a small village so its really easy to avoid people. I have a growth scan the following week at the hospital which I'm more anxious about as obviously it's not somewhere I'd like to be now.

Ah I understand that. I'm in a small village so its really easy to avoid people. I have a growth scan the following week at the hospital which I'm more anxious about as obviously it's not somewhere I'd like to be now.
I also have a growth scan booked for the 16th April.. Im not even sure if it will take place. I have c sections anyway but was booked for this scan as my first baby was so big.

So I’ve just read on the Daily Mail (I know) that a young boy with psoriasis died. Apparently because psoriasis is an auto immune disease. I have very mild psoriasis, usually flares up when I’m stressed. Don’t usually take anything for it as it clears up on its own. At its worst I had to use a steroid cream.

But now along with that and my BMI being so high it feels like things are stacked so heavily against me. I’m staying at home all the time but with my husband still having to work and obviously going to the shop for food I feel like it’s a matter of time. People are worried about being restricted for a few months, I’m worried I won’t be here, it’s so terrifying. I really feel like I need to just avoid the internet altogether now.
I wouldn't trust them. Last week they were reporting a 21 yr old girl died from covid and had no underlying conditions, THEN they said she actually had asthma, THEN the hospital came forward and said she didn't even test positive for covid. I am not paying much attention tbh as it is feamongering.

Reactions: 9
I also have a growth scan booked for the 16th April.. Im not even sure if it will take place. I have c sections anyway but was booked for this scan as my first baby was so big.
Scans are taking place at my hospital but you have to wait outside until they call you and you can only go alone.

You'll never use it. Trust me, I've got one! 😄 I started going on it in the evenings while I watched football on the TV, but with no football, my usage has plummeted.
😂 that’s what I do with our cross trainer! I’m much more of a running fan and I don’t like running on the pavement 😟
I find myself getting lazy with the cross trainer cos I can use my hands whereas I can’t browse on my phone when I’m running 😂

Mate you can't eat Zoflora? What's that gonna do for ya? I mean if you catch Covid and you can't make it to hospital then I guess you could neck a bottle to make the end come faster? Or if you're really ill you could splash it around a bit before the paramedics arrive and I suppose at least they'll be impressed at your crib smelling sweet? Help me here.....is Zoflora summat I should be stockpiling?
Absolutely not. Will probably cause more damage to your lungs and respiratory system than Corona would.

Thank you. As hard as it’s been we all agree as a family that it’s a good thing he isn’t here during this stressful time as he was so unwell.

We’ve ran out of cheese in my house after eating cheese toasties all week!
also want to say I’m so sorry about your cat 😞💔

• Sad
Reactions: 2
So I’ve just read on the Daily Mail (I know) that a young boy with psoriasis died. Apparently because psoriasis is an auto immune disease. I have very mild psoriasis, usually flares up when I’m stressed. Don’t usually take anything for it as it clears up on its own. At its worst I had to use a steroid cream.

But now along with that and my BMI being so high it feels like things are stacked so heavily against me. I’m staying at home all the time but with my husband still having to work and obviously going to the shop for food I feel like it’s a matter of time. People are worried about being restricted for a few months, I’m worried I won’t be here, it’s so terrifying. I really feel like I need to just avoid the internet altogether now.
Sh#t really?
I have psoriasis, mainly on my scalp and it flares up with stress so I’m starting to see it now.
I’m the designated shopper for our household, my dad and my mother in law so I’m the only one leaving the house.
I’ve not been shopping in over a week and I won’t go out for exercise.
I’m sure it must’ve
Ok so thisnis tattle so I can confess, right? Has anyone else bought unnecessary online tit in the last week?

My guilty online purchases include:

- personalised birthday cake (child)
- gardening stuff
- 2 x tubs og sweets/snacks
- cycling gloves and a helium balloon for birthday child
- protein bars
- alcohol
- 2 x takeaways

Forgive me father for I have sinned.
It’s my birthday this week so I bought a birthday cake and a box of Ferrero Rocher from my sons. It will be the only present I will get so I felt it was justified because it’s a milestone birthday.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.