Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hair colour for me from Sally hair and beauty, three tubes ! I text my hairdresser and she told me what colour to buy. This will last me until early summer. Also a few bits for daughters birthday From Amazon. I usually spend lots on petrol!

Reactions: 4
Like many, I saw that and thought "Tony Blair? Oh do duck off." Same goes for David Cameron (set a political bomb off then walked off), Gove (went against all professional educators advice to 'reform' the school system i.e screw the curriculum/assesment system), or Jeremy Hunt (thinks NHS can be run by managers).

Honestly they all make me want to punch the TV screen.

I LOVE Rishi though- best bit of talent to come through in years. Bloody marvellous.
We need a Rishi appreciation society 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I know I got so stressed going to Morrison’s the other day. I thankfully didn’t have to queue outside as it was quiet but the shelves were empty. Why is everyone buying pasta 😭😭😭 I love pasta and haven’t been able to get any. My kind neighbour gave me a bag of hers❤
I can’t remember the last time I saw a bag of pasta in a shop 😂 A month ago maybe? That was nice of your neighbour.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Is anybody else actually nervous about the end of lockdown? I havent been out since last monday but went for a walk today. Actually didnt want to go.
My grandmother developed agoraphobia during the troubles and it can be hereditary so I'm worried I'll end up the same after this!

• Sad
Reactions: 18
I ordered grass seed for the back garden ...I thought we'll only be safe after the last person to catch the virus is free of it ...and that could be a bloody long time...

Reactions: 3
So I’ve just read on the Daily Mail (I know) that a young boy with psoriasis died. Apparently because psoriasis is an auto immune disease. I have very mild psoriasis, usually flares up when I’m stressed. Don’t usually take anything for it as it clears up on its own. At its worst I had to use a steroid cream.

But now along with that and my BMI being so high it feels like things are stacked so heavily against me. I’m staying at home all the time but with my husband still having to work and obviously going to the shop for food I feel like it’s a matter of time. People are worried about being restricted for a few months, I’m worried I won’t be here, it’s so terrifying. I really feel like I need to just avoid the internet altogether now.
According to everything I read I’m royally fucked 😳 I’ve got psoriasis, a heart condition, high blood pressure oh and also A blood type

• Sad
Hello ICU deputy sister here.

As predicted, I’m sick. Not only am I sick, my toddler is too. Was at work today doing training and felt dreadful, ended up sleeping in my car and husband and toddler had to drive to the hospital to get me.

I knew this would happen.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 43

As predicted, I’m sick. Not only am I sick, my toddler is too. Was at work today doing training and felt dreadful, ended up sleeping in my car and husband and toddler had to drive to the hospital to get me.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Wishing you a speedy recovery.
thank you. I’m currently lying in bed coughing, and my toddler is next to me in his nappy with a fever. Husband is furious that I was advised against self isolating and now I’m sick, and my heart is all over the place.

calling GP tomorrow for advice. I’m so angry at myself that this has happened.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Is anybody else actually nervous about the end of lockdown? I havent been out since last monday but went for a walk today. Actually didnt want to go.
My grandmother developed agoraphobia during the troubles and it can be hereditary so I'm worried I'll end up the same after this!
Yes I'm very worried. I looked at old pics and all I see is my family touching things that could be covered in germs and have a feeling I will panic about germs being everywhere wherever we go since it's all I see in happy memories now.

• Sad

Aww that's awful hope you both be Ok ....are they going to test you as your NHS ?

Reactions: 3
I just read a comment on a forum that made me think. It was stating that at the moment the unwell, vulnerable and at risk need protecting from this. We are all being asked to stay in to protect them if they become unwell and need the nhs. This seems sensible to me. At some stage (perhaps when the peak flattens/decreases) the majority ( not in the at risk categories) will be reintroduced to ‘normal life‘ and the vulnerable, at risk will be asked to continue to self isolate until risk decreases. Doesn’t seem too crazy ..(? )

Reactions: 5
thank you. I’m currently lying in bed coughing, and my toddler is next to me in his nappy with a fever. Husband is furious that I was advised against self isolating and now I’m sick, and my heart is all over the place.

calling GP tomorrow for advice. I’m so angry at myself that this has happened.
What could you do? they had you "over a barrel" so to speak x

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I have vets in the family. Animals can't get covid 19, they have their own strains of coronavirus.
Very true. My cat was tested positive for coronavirus and the vet said it’s a different strain. Sadly he did pass away but he also had other health issues, feline herpes, calcium deficiency.

I realised today this is the first week that I won’t earn any money as I’m self employed. At least I’ll be saving money on fuel...

• Sad
Very true. My cat was tested positive for coronavirus and the vet said it’s a different strain. Sadly he did pass away but he also had other health issues, feline herpes, calcium deficiency.

I realised today this is the first week that I won’t earn any money as I’m self employed. At least I’ll be saving money on fuel...
I'm so sorry about your cat ♥

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I was in Watirose today and all the staff were chit chatting and giggling with each other and didn't keep any distance. Disappointing.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
So I'm in day 11 of my 12 weeks of self isolating and I feel like I'm losing the plot. Randomly crying over the silliest of things and feeling sad that it's going to be at least June until I can go outside again.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I have a midwife appointment on tuesday and I cannot wait to be able to go out. I'm not due until june but praying its relatively normal by then. My dad is extremely vulnerable and has about 30% lung function and I'd be devastated if he couldn't meet the baby.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.