Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've not spent anything apart from on food and bills. It's crazy to me people are spending money on non essentials when God knows how long this will go on and you'll need money for food and bills down the line, especially with all the eventual lay offs etc.
This is my thoughts also. Plus, I’m thinking of the people who are still being made to work in these places.

Reactions: 8
Omg I have felt SO GUILTY that I’ve hardly been able to shop 🤣 I get to checkout and back out atleast once a day lol!

I have bought 9 bottles of zoflora (couldn’t find any and the website only had it in packs of 3), a “Morrison’s box” for my grandparents & some wood... now looking back on it, pretty sensible things but still feeling guilty for even those 🤣
Mate you can't eat Zoflora? What's that gonna do for ya? I mean if you catch Covid and you can't make it to hospital then I guess you could neck a bottle to make the end come faster? Or if you're really ill you could splash it around a bit before the paramedics arrive and I suppose at least they'll be impressed at your crib smelling sweet? Help me here.....is Zoflora summat I should be stockpiling?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Truthfully? I wouldn’t risk it. (Jokes aside) The construction industry are being screwed over for profit to keep working but even the bosses that don't care can see sharing a vehicle isn’t social distancing.
Thank you 😊 it’s nice that we can make light of it and have a little chuckle 🤭 her mum will take her now, I felt bad but it’s better to be safe than sorry 😐

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I've not spent anything apart from on food and bills. It's crazy to me people are spending money on non essentials when God knows how long this will go on and you'll need money for food and bills down the line, especially with all the eventual lay offs etc.
I'm selling it to the husband on the basis that 'We could be dead next week' To be fair that is wearing quite thin as we've had takeaway 2 nights in a row now and no one is ill in this house.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Ok so thisnis tattle so I can confess, right? Has anyone else bought unnecessary online tit in the last week?

My guilty online purchases include:

- personalised birthday cake (child)
- gardening stuff
- 2 x tubs og sweets/snacks
- cycling gloves and a helium balloon for birthday child
- protein bars
- alcohol
- 2 x takeaways

Forgive me father for I have sinned.
It appears I cant practice what I preach (feeling v guilty but need to confess!)

We ordered Dominoes (have been doing SW for 5 months, we needed it!)
A bath mat for new bathroom completed on Thursday
2 sph2onge cleaning cloths
Hand sanitiser (courtesy of the heads up on here)
Milkshake hair conditioner
2 hoodies (new at home work uniform)
Jigsaw puzzle and board

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Does anyone know what places like amazon are doing to stick to the social distancing rules? There must be someone on here who has a connection to the warehouse workers via a best friends, step dads, uncles, cousins, cat.

Im usually a heller for online ordering but ive stopped now, more so for the poor people having to work picking and dispatching the stuff.

Reactions: 9
Mate you can't eat Zoflora? What's that gonna do for ya? I mean if you catch Covid and you can't make it to hospital then I guess you could neck a bottle to make the end come faster? Or if you're really ill you could splash it around a bit before the paramedics arrive and I suppose at least they'll be impressed at your crib smelling sweet? Help me here.....is Zoflora summat I should be stockpiling?
hahahah no! I’ve 3 large dogs so I use it to disinfect my front yard, get rid of the pee smell! Usually get the one bottle with my shop every now and again but haven’t had any in stock! Got a promo code for 20% off for their website but they only dispatch in packs of 3 so figured I’d get my postage costs worth and save an extra delivery incase I can’t get it again lol honestly I’m set til like next summer! Gonna have one of those influencer under the sink narnia thing going on! 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Boris sounds chesty and breathless. He could do with going off sick for a bit until he feels better. He's obviously still working hard which won't help him recover quickly.
He’s Prime Minister and in charge of the country during a major crisis - I don’t think he really has the option of not working hard and taking a little duvet day or two!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Does anyone know what places like amazon are doing to stick to the social distancing rules? There must be someone on here who has a connection to the warehouse workers via a best friends, step dads, uncles, cousins, cat.

Im usually a heller for online ordering but ive stopped now, more so for the poor people having to work picking and dispatching the stuff.

I have a connection with someone that works in an Amazon warehouse yes they have very strict at the moment with 2 metres apart and other rules.

P.s anyone seen dr alex (love island) YouTube about him working at a&e at the moment im finding it really interesting and he knows alot of stuff see his recent video with testing kits

Reactions: 6
He’s Prime Minister and in charge of the country during a major crisis - I don’t think he really has the option of not working hard and taking a little duvet day or two!
Well obviously but I wouldn't want him to end up in hospital with it. He's only human. Just because he's Prime Minister doesn't mean he should risk his life. He does have a Deputy.

Reactions: 16
don’t worry about what other people are spending their money on. If it makes them happier so what?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I think people will know their own situations and if they can afford a few online orders based on their job security /savings.

I’ve only bought a couple of puzzles to keep me occupied. Don’t really want to order anything cos I want to minimise interaction.

I do understand why people want to buy stuff for comfort and to keep children going. People cope differently.

In South Africa the only deliveries allowed are food and medicine.

I think people will know their own situations and if they can afford a few online orders based on their job security /savings.

I’ve only bought a couple of puzzles to keep me occupied. Don’t really want to order anything cos I want to minimise interaction.

I do understand why people want to buy stuff for comfort and to keep children going. People cope differently.

In South Africa the only deliveries allowed are food and medicine.
Is it just me who has a list in their head off all the food places they are gonna go to when this is over 😭😭😭 I miss greggs and the chippy😂

don’t worry about what other people are spending their money on. If it makes them happier so what?
Ok. It just baffles me when people complain of having no money (not on here, but Instagram mainly) but are prioritising non essentials when they won't be able to afford to keep a roof over their heads. New trainers won't keep you warm in 3 months time 🤷

Reactions: 4
Is it just me who has a list in their head off all the food places they are gonna go to when this is over 😭😭😭 I miss greggs and the chippy😂
haha I’m not at that stage yet! But I am looking forward to walking into a supermarket and finding what I want. Or not wondering if they’ll be any milk left after queuing to get in.

Reactions: 2
haha I’m not at that stage yet! But I am looking forward to walking into a supermarket and finding what I want. Or not wondering if they’ll be any milk left after queuing to get in.
I know I got so stressed going to Morrison’s the other day. I thankfully didn’t have to queue outside as it was quiet but the shelves were empty. Why is everyone buying pasta 😭😭😭 I love pasta and haven’t been able to get any. My kind neighbour gave me a bag of hers❤

Reactions: 5
Ordered from Uber eats last night and the guy knocked at the door, put the food on the step and stood at the end of my drive and asked me to take the food from the bag. Just thought I’d put this in case anyone is wary about ordering and having to answer the door to drivers. They are taking serious precautions.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.