Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The hospital I work at have stopped ALL visitors this evening.
All of my local hospitals have done this including the one I work at. I think it's come from NHS England or PHE since they're all following the same rules for visitors.

I'm due to give birth in a few weeks. The hospital I'm giving birth at is only allowing birthing partners on the delivery suite so I'm hoping for a straight forward birth so I can go home ASAP. If I am kept in on the ward with the baby no visitors are allowed.

• Sad
Reactions: 3

Wherever you look online the figures are clear.

The majority are obese.
A lot of the beds in hospitals have weighing scales on them but obese is obese.
You can look at someone as see they're unhealthy by the amount and placement of fat they have on them.
I’m sure they’d have their GP records etc they usually have your height and weight especially if they have health issues

Reactions: 3
After reading that article, I'm more terrified then I was before. Sadly I'm overweight so seeing that has made me tear up.
Don’t worry so am I. Think some people have more pressing health concerns to worry about with this than us. Don’t panic x

Ahh that wasn't the intention, sorry if it upset you.
It's so important to try and be as healthy as you can though.
It's never to late to adapt a healthy lifestyle and as long as you're staying inside and washing your hands I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine.
Just take care of yourself.
Just because someone’s over weight doesn’t mean they don’t have a healthy life style there are plenty other reasons why a person is over weight. This will derail the thread so I won’t get into It. I’ve been bullied my whole life about being fat It’s shite

Reactions: 7
All of my local hospitals have done this including the one I work at. I think it's come from NHS England or PHE since they're all following the same rules for visitors.

I'm due to give birth in a few weeks. The hospital I'm giving birth at is only allowing birthing partners on the delivery suite so I'm hoping for a straight forward birth so I can go home ASAP. If I am kept in on the ward with the baby no visitors are allowed.
Our trust has two hospitals. The other still allows one visitor for one hour per day.

best of luck with your birth xx

Reactions: 2
2 years ago I was rushed into hospital with sepsis. And I remember being in resus and them having a calculate my BMI. Could never understand why.
Could be for administering meds some are calculated by body mass

Reactions: 8
Don’t worry so am I. Think some people have more pressing health concerns to worry about with this than us. Don’t panic x

Just because someone’s over weight doesn’t mean they don’t have a healthy life style there are plenty other reasons why a person is over weight. This will derail the thread so I won’t get into It. I’ve been bullied my whole life about being fat It’s shite
I wasn't implying otherwise.
I just meant that if you don't have a healthy lifestyle, nows the time to switch stuff up.
I know there's a lot of reasons for people being overweight, didn't mean to cause offence at all.
❤

Could be for administering meds some are calculated by body mass
I think that’s right as my grandfather couldn’t have paracetamol as he was under 8 stone he had to be given children’s calpol

I wasn't implying otherwise.
I just meant that if you don't have a healthy lifestyle, nows the time to switch stuff up.
I know there's a lot of reasons for people being overweight, didn't mean to cause offence at all.
❤
No offence taken! Made of strong stuff me xx

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My sisters friend friend (yes i know one of those story's ) died of corona yesterday no health conditions i assume the 47 year old is him. X
Really sorry to hear about your friend.

Does anyone remember that Dr Al podcast on a radio show last week where he said the age range about older ppl is wrong he had a patient in his 40's really ill i wonder if it was your friend

Reactions: 1
2 years ago I was rushed into hospital with sepsis. And I remember being in resus and them having a calculate my BMI. Could never understand why.
I stand corrected. I know when you go for pre ops they do all of those checks so they can give you the correct dose of meds etc. I guess it makes sense they need to know every single they can about you. Every day is a learning day

• Heart
@monga and everyone else that signed the petition about people with learning disabilities if it came to it them not having the same medical support as people who don't. Well they have said it isn't the case now it just shows you how when we all come together change is possible! ❤
FB_IMG_1585171889513.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Does anybody know HOW people are actually dying
Is it of cardiac arrest from body working too hard? Or they simply can’t breathe? I’m not a nurse but surely there are other ways of getting oxygen in the body, tubes etc? How are people dying?
From what I gather, suffocating from fluid on the lungs

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
So a 21 year old and now a 47 year old both passed with no underlying medical conditions. I wonder why it’s affected them more than anyone else. So worrying
lots of reasons, did they smoke? vape? could even be that they have a health issue they weren't aware of.

Reactions: 5
@monga and everyone else that signed the petition about people with learning disabilities if it came to it them not having the same medical support as people who don't. Well they have said it isn't the case now it just shows you how when we all come together change is possible! ❤View attachment 99749
What amazing news!!!
Shouldn't have come to a bloody petition but how incredible ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I thought you lose an hour in the spring?

When Daylight Saving Time (DST) begins, we lose an hour. When it ends, we gain an hour. So how exactly does the DST switch work? DST robs us of 1 hour of sleep in the spring.
Not in Ireland 😂

• Haha

When Daylight Saving Time (DST) begins, we lose an hour. When it ends, we gain an hour. So how exactly does the DST switch work? DST robs us of 1 hour of sleep in the spring.
We do loose an hour. I am amazed at how many people keep posting online incorrectly saying we gain an hour
🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 9
Its a catch 22 you dont want to go to the supermarket in case you catch the virus but you cant get a food delivery until end of April. I was wondering about going to the supermarket late so might not be as many people in but then would there be much food left?
We went to Tesco at 8.30 car park pretty empty and was about 10 people in all keeping distance shelves aren't great but we managed to get a week or so of meals and essentials that was my last time out as we've decided as hubs still has to work he can be the outsider person for our family till further notice xx

Yeah and that's the exact problem.
If there's ever a time to panic buy a treadmill... Now is it.
Good luck with that, I've bought 5 cross trainers and I have 0 cross trainers on their way to me. Yes no one cares about my gripes over getting some workout equipment but let me moan. I have lots of bog rolls and recalled frozen lasagnas that may have bits of metal in (I've been told they're big bits) I should be able to barter with someone that's using a cross trainer as a clothes horse 😁

• Haha
  • Wow

my mum always says spring forward in the spring, therefore losing an hour.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.