Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So a 21 year old and now a 47 year old both passed with no underlying medical conditions. I wonder why it’s affected them more than anyone else. So worrying
What I don't understand about the 21 year old is she died last Friday and it's only reached the papers today? But also, they normally say the age range for the deaths from it and she wasn't mentioned and when they were trying to get young people to adhere to the social distancing, you would think they would have used her as an example that young, healthy people can get it to try to make them see sense?

Is it definite she died from Coronavirus? Her mother hasn't even stated what symptoms she had? She's now raising money to 'give her the send off she deserves' but that surely won't be possible when they are only allowing up to 9 people at funerals now?

Reactions: 9
A friend's mum is in hospital with it at the moment.
She's in an induced coma.
She's early 60s with no underlying issues, started feeling unwell a week ago, went to hospital on Monday and was put in a coma last night.
They're waking her on Friday to see how she is but she's responding well.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Technically, until (or unless) they do a postmortem they cannot say 100% there were no underlying medical conditions, only that they did not have diagnoses. They may well have undiagnosed conditions that were not causing problems until the contracted they virus.

Healthy youngsters have died suddenly and a postmortem then reveals undiagnosed heart conditions etc.
That’s exactly what I was thinking with all these headlines lately. Surely until PM they cannot 100% say they did not have anything undiagnosed. Yes family are saying they had no underlying conditions but often people do not know.

Reactions: 7
What I don't understand about the 21 year old is she died last Friday and it's only reached the papers today? But also, they normally say the age range for the deaths from it and she wasn't mentioned and when they were trying to get young people to adhere to the social distancing, you would think they would have used her as an example that young, healthy people can get it to try to make them see sense?

Is it definite she died from Coronavirus? Her mother hasn't even stated what symptoms she had? She's now raising money to 'give her the send off she deserves' but that surely won't be possible when they are only allowing up to 9 people at funerals now?
Oh I didn’t realise that, I saw her auntie or someone had just posted it in the last couple of days on Facebook. To be honest I am always very suspicious of things I read on Facebook, Twitter etc. I don’t believe most things but then think why would anyone make that up. Who knows

Reactions: 3
So apparently you’re not even allowed to show an ounce of happiness. You are to go out for fresh air. No smiling at anyone. No contact. You’re not to even look. 🙄
Flick them your 2 fingers or blow them a kiss.
Right now we need to find happiness where we can, and for most of us that's being outside of the 4 walls we're confined too. ❤

Also, i didn't realise until earlier when I was reading an article but an underlying health issue/condition is also having a BMI +40.
Last week 63% of people in ICU were obese or morbidly obese.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
So a 21 year old and now a 47 year old both passed with no underlying medical conditions. I wonder why it’s affected them more than anyone else. So worrying
I wonder if it's a case of no underlying conditions that they know of. Look at fit and healthy people who die and then it's discovered they had an underlying condition they knew nothing about. I could be completely wrong of course.

Reactions: 14
Positive result today. Rest in peace to all those lives lost. But I hope the pattern continues and the daily deaths decrease quickly. ❤

Reactions: 12
So I'm guessing the lockdown we have will. Continue until the numbers drop to manageable, then some sanctions get lifted so a few more people are released back to normal life, then it rises so lockdown remains the more sanctions get lifted and so on until the low risk have caught it to help protect the vulnerable?

I heard this on the news that is what they are thinking of doing

Does anybody know HOW people are actually dying
Is it of cardiac arrest from body working too hard? Or they simply can’t breathe? I’m not a nurse but surely there are other ways of getting oxygen in the body, tubes etc? How are people dying?

Reactions: 1
Also, i didn't realise until earlier when I was reading an article but an underlying health issue/condition is also having a BMI +40.
understandable, Carrying that much extra weight will put pressure on your respiratory system on top of everything else That comes with being dangerously overweight

Does anybody know HOW people are actually dying
Is it of cardiac arrest from body working too hard? Or they simply can’t breathe? I’m not a nurse but surely there are other ways of getting oxygen in the body, tubes etc? How are people dying?
I don’t dont think details of that nature will be released to the public.
that weird because I’ve seen a few on twitter asking “but how did they die, what happened“
Such an odd question to a journalist about someones private details to ask on twitter.

I’m not convinced of this statistic, there is no way they had their bmi calculated on their way into ICU surely! Although that’s not to say bmi over 40 isn’t at risk. Just a thought
there are many ways to weigh a patient in a hospital setting, but it’s pretty clear when a patient is obese, they also probably have access their medical files straight away which will contain that information.

I’m not convinced of this statistic, there is no way they had their bmi calculated on their way into ICU surely! Although that’s not to say bmi over 40 isn’t at risk. Just a thought

understandable, Carrying that much extra weight will put pressure on your respiratory system.

I don’t dont think details of that nature will be released.
Yeah and that's the exact problem.
If there's ever a time to panic buy a treadmill... Now is it.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Breaking News: Prince Charles is in isolation at Balmoral with Covid-19. It is also believed that Prince Andrew is isolating at Windsor with Jennifer-15 :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 23
My sisters friend friend (yes i know one of those story's ) died of corona yesterday no health conditions i assume the 47 year old is him. X

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.