Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not sure but if a person passed away from suspected coronavirus, wouldn’t they have to be tested for safety reasons? I don’t know how long someone remains infectious after death
I guess a postmortem will also take days and they will be very busy. So stats again will be behind.

Reactions: 4
I honestly hate you @Oohthedrama 😂😂😂😂

The second one reminded me of a pic I saw View attachment 99832

I dont know who those people are. But I went out and when queuing for Tesco a 5 year old girl was singing baby shark so I joined in and we legit got most people singing as we waited (2m away)

Bad singing is my happiness and noone can take that from me xx
I went for a walk last night and everyone was giving each other a wide berth but every single person said hello and smiled or waved ! So much more friendly than a normal day !

My kids would have loved a baby shark sing a long 😁

The rectangular shaped object in your living room that your children dismantle to make a den, often decorated with coats, hoodies, throws, books and miscellaneous objects from the kitchen. It is the home of the lesser spotted television remote and if you venture far enough, the mummy pig figure that came with the set but hasn't been seen since Saturday. It's also rumoured some parents use it to sit down on to relax, a concept that seems appealing yet unobtainable 😉
Don't forget trampoline, starter of many an argument when someone ventures onto the other person's 'side' and collector of crumbs.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
If somebody does without seeing a doctor within a certain (short) time I believe there is always a post mortem.
If somebody died suddenly without any previous illness then a Post Mortem would be carried out. With an increase of people admitted to hospital, people who die 'with' CV and who die 'of' CV, the mortuaries are getting busier so delays will unfortunately occur. If the person has been ill recently then their own GP/or a Dr at the hospital (if the death occurs in a hospital) will sign a medical certificate.
The recent Covid-19 bill will allow for any other Dr (one that has not been caring for the patient) to sign the medical certificate if their own doctor is unavailable.
There is no longer a requirement for a second medical practitioner to authorise a cremation, only a coroner's signature.

Covid 19 poses a risk to coroners/embalmers, this means extra PPE...which there is a shortage of.
Funeral directors transporting the deceased to a mortuary and subsequent transportation to a funeral home also require extra PPE.
The government have introduced measures for the army/other agencies to help if funeral homes are unable to cope.

The guidelines for funerals/embalming are constantly being updated to allow funerals to be carried out with dignity and respect and with minimal disruption in such confusion.

Funerals directors will be able to register a death, in the case of whole families practicing self isolation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
No it doesn't 😂
The entire population isn't in hospital 😂
Not yet anyway.
But a % is still a % that's how they work 🤪

If there are 100 people in the country 70 are obese and 30 not. If 10% of that population are in hospital and 7 of them were obese and 3 were not that is 70% of those who are in hospital that are obese there for lining up with the whole population. If 8 of those people in hospital are obese the. 80% of those in hospital would be obese and therefore higher than the rate in the whole population and therefore more likely to be in hospital than the rest of the population.

Reactions: 3
I’m wondering too...
It messes with your head. In theory we know nobody who has Covid19- we are not affected ourselves and we know nobody who has passed away. I’ve read about lots of ‘celebs’ who’s had it, or isolating etc - again no deaths in the celeb world too.
Italy and Spain have suffered greatly.
Are there any countries that haven’t been affected? What are they doing differently?
I don’t know - it messes with your head, partly due to be stuck inside.
Stay safe x
When you work on the front line you do see a lot of patients who have it and have seen the results come back postive

Reactions: 1
I was reading an article about this.
Its something to do with the virus leading to pneumonia, the lungs fill with fluid and get inflamed. The body pumps extra blood and fluid to the inflamed area so the lungs go into a cytokine storm and the lungs are effectively drowning and other organs then begin to shut down.
But I dont know if that's all coronavirus cases or just a general idea?
Fluid on the lungs is awful.
My dad has had it 4 times in recent years.
Each time we thought he was going to die.
The first time he had it he was staying at ours for Christmas.
He arrived Christmas Eve and I wasn’t happy with how he was breathing. He said he felt fine, just a little breathless. Christmas Day he was very quiet and slept in the chair a lot.
Boxing Day I called 111 and they wanted to speak to him. After hearing his breathlessness over the ‘phone they sent an ambulance.
He didn’t leave hospital until mid February. He was very ill but he does have many “underlying health conditions” - the most significant being kidney failure.
The hospital told me that if he’d stayed at home alone for Christmas, then he’d probably have “drowned” in his sleep.
The last time he had fluid on the lungs which led to pneumonia was last March, again we almost lost him.
This virus sounds like it is a hundred times worse than “normal” pneumonia so people like my dad will have no chance.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Fluid on the lungs is awful.
My dad has had it 4 times in recent years.
Each time we thought he was going to die.
The first time he had it he was staying at ours for Christmas.
He arrived Christmas Eve and I wasn’t happy with how he was breathing. He said he felt fine, just a little breathless. Christmas Day he was very quiet and slept in the chair a lot.
Boxing Day I called 111 and they wanted to speak to him. After hearing his breathlessness over the ‘phone they sent an ambulance.
He didn’t leave hospital until mid February. He was very ill but he does have many “underlying health conditions” - the most significant being kidney failure.
The hospital told me that if he’d stayed at home alone for Christmas, then he’d probably have “drowned” in his sleep.
The last time he had fluid on the lungs which led to pneumonia was last March, again we almost lost him.
This virus sounds like it is a hundred times worse than “normal” pneumonia so people like my dad will have no chance.
It sounds absolutely terrifying 😓😓

• Sad
Reactions: 2
One of my employees works in the reserves and he’s informed us they’ve been told there’s a high chance he’ll be called upon in the next few weeks.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I am currently in hospital with the virus, I had a test 2 days ago which was negative and a test yesterday which is positive, The dr said it’s so common to get a false negative on the first test which is why they always do a 2nd one. I’m on a ward with “just covid” patients at the moment. the symptoms come in waves, my oxygen will dip making it hard to breath, I’ve had a lot of chest X-rays and bloods taken, I’m on oxygen at night, wet flannels and a lot of blankets for the fever, morphine for the pain. After coughing you struggle to get your breath back, and no appetite and slight loss of smell.
Wet flannel use is bad practice and I’m very surprised they did a second test.. we don’t normally do that as routine in hospital especially when there is a shortage of tests, we would just treat the symptoms...

All of my local hospitals have done this including the one I work at. I think it's come from NHS England or PHE since they're all following the same rules for visitors.

I'm due to give birth in a few weeks. The hospital I'm giving birth at is only allowing birthing partners on the delivery suite so I'm hoping for a straight forward birth so I can go home ASAP. If I am kept in on the ward with the baby no visitors are allowed.
You wouldn’t be allowed visitors at home either? Probably best to stay as long as possible in hospital with medical professionals

But a % is still a % that's how they work 🤪

If there are 100 people in the country 70 are obese and 30 not. If 10% of that population are in hospital and 7 of them were obese and 3 were not that is 70% of those who are in hospital that are obese there for lining up with the whole population. If 8 of those people in hospital are obese the. 80% of those in hospital would be obese and therefore higher than the rate in the whole population and therefore more likely to be in hospital than the rest of the population.
No I know... Hence my previous post. 😂🤦🏻‍♀️

Still doesn't change the fact that if you're obese you're at a high risk, and most of the patients in there are.
It's just unfortunate most of the country are. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’ve read some scary stuff recently. Reading that the people who have died were either in the risk groups or ‘had some underlying health conditions‘ so now I’m even more scared. I have some health issues not in the risk groups so now I’m convinced that I am at risk just for having any health condition

I read a man who was 47, no known health issues, passed away. I shouldn’t have read it but his started as just a tickle in his throsy on Sunday night, he was found dead in his flat Tuesday morning. His poor partner is devastated. I broke down crying my eyes out. I’m terrified of losing my husband, he’s my rock. He has asthma and my eldest daughter has mild asthma. It’s all too much 😢

Im not sure how much longer I can cope with this worry. I’m terrified. I keep it together but then randomly burst into tears in utter disbelief. The Chinese really need to have laws put in place, no more eating wild animals. It’s disgusting and look what they’ve caused the world. What’s wrong with these people. Eat a bit of chicken, like normal people!!!

I am living for the day we start getting a reduction in numbers because right now I keep thinking will this ever end? 😢

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I’ve read some scary stuff recently. Reading that the people who have died were either in the risk groups or ‘had some underlying health conditions‘ so now I’m even more scared. I have some health issues not in the risk groups so now I’m convinced that I am at risk just for having any health condition

I read a man who was 47, no known health issues, passed away. I shouldn’t have read it but his started as just a tickle in his throsy on Sunday night, he was found dead in his flat Tuesday morning. His poor partner is devastated. I broke down crying my eyes out. I’m terrified of losing my husband, he’s my rock. He has asthma and my eldest daughter has mild asthma. It’s all too much 😢

Im not sure how much longer I can cope with this worry. I’m terrified. I keep it together but then randomly burst into tears in utter disbelief. The Chinese really need to have laws put in place, no more eating wild animals. It’s disgusting and look what they’ve caused the world. What’s wrong with these people. Eat a bit of chicken, like normal people!!!

I am living for the day we start getting a reduction in numbers because right now I keep thinking will this ever end? 😢
I felt terrified a couple of nights ago so I stepped back from the news and accepted that we just need to stay home and safe. I feel better for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Wet flannel use is bad practice and I’m very surprised they did a second test.. we don’t normally do that as routine in hospital especially when there is a shortage of tests, we would just treat the symptoms...

You wouldn’t be allowed visitors at home either? Probably best to stay as long as possible in hospital with medical professionals
A family member of mine has been tested twice was negative both times but she was told 1 in 4 tests are coming out negative when the patient does actually have it that’s why they are testing twice

• Wow
I wish there wasn’t so much scaremongering on the news. We don’t know if these people smoke, vape, or have an undiscovered health condition - we don’t know.
I thought I was going to die last night. I couldn’t breathe. Brought on by the news showing people not being able to breathe on oxygen.
I’m stepping away from all socials and news reports for my own mental health and that of my family.
I’m a key worker so need to be in work. I’m terrified of catching it and being exposed and bringing it home. For the past week I’ve been crying everyday. I’m obese too.

Reactions: 13
Its a catch 22 you dont want to go to the supermarket in case you catch the virus but you cant get a food delivery until end of April. I was wondering about going to the supermarket late so might not be as many people in but then would there be much food left?
I had been going to small Tesco metro at like 9pm. No fresh stuff left at all. Too scared to go earlier in the day. Might try early tomorrow as have to pick up a prescription and pharmacy is next to Co Op.

Reactions: 1
She had asthma. Though looks like she wasn’t deemed a priority by the ambulance due to her age. I am not blaming them at all, but they cannot take everyone.
Damn. Hospitals should be able to take everyone that is sick enough to need one. That's what they're for. Scary the amount of preventable deaths we will hear about in the next few months for this reason. All these comparisons to 'Spanish Flu' will become alot more accurate when it may as well be 1919 if you can't access modern medicine and care and are that ill at home with nothing more than paracetamol and a cold flannel. Slight exaggeration maybe, but not much, it's scary. But it emphasises the need to minimise infection by staying in more than anything.
(Just to be clear, this isn't a criticism of you for saying that. Just the situation we are all in)

We have to all remember we just have to do our bit to stay safe.

wash your hands, avoid people as much as you can. it’s all we can do, but if we each do our bit, we’re working together to stop the transmission ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.