Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Technically, until (or unless) they do a postmortem they cannot say 100% there were no underlying medical conditions, only that they did not have diagnoses. They may well have undiagnosed conditions that were not causing problems until they contracted the virus.

Healthy youngsters have died suddenly and a postmortem then reveals undiagnosed heart conditions etc.
That is what I am thinking too. Scarily there are sometimes things we have that go undiagnosed. A friend of mine's sister died during the night, aged 26. It turns out she had a heart condition that was never detected until the postmortem.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
A friend’s parent is in a home in Spain, in the latter stages of dementia. Two cases reported amongst the residents. Their parent has been restrained to their bed because there simply are not enough staff to care for all of the residents whilst trying to prevent the spread. My friend can not get there nor can any nearby relatives visit. Absolutely heartbreaking.

I do believe the government expect and probably want the lowest risk of us to get the disease. Herd immunity does still have long term benefits. Everything we are being asked to do is to flattern the curve - nobody has said they will stop the virus completely, only to an amount of cases that the NHS can “cope” with, whatever that means. Some of the patients dying from it are patients who would otherwise have been dying from the flu etc so I think it’s only in hindsight once we look at overall figures across all conditions will we know the reality of what additional deaths this virus has caused.
The government have said they’ve modelled the fact that some people will still be going to work and seem to think it’s enough, time will tell and everyone needs to do their bit. I think the trying part will be when people are asked to return to some form of normality but the virus hasn’t gone away yet.
I also think the footage of the Excel field hospital was leaked on purpose - it’s been on every platform and I’ve seen a couple of different names linked to it. He’s also the only person there who decided to film and share it? Of hundreds of workers? I doubt it. The government wanted us to see it, be shocked and take things seriously. A family friends’ son was working on site there several weeks ago; this has been a few weeks in the making at the very least.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
That is what I am thinking too. Scarily there are sometimes things we have that go undiagnosed. A friend of mine's sister died during the night, aged 26. It turns out she had a heart condition that was never detected until the postmortem.
There is an update on the 21 year olds story. She also had mild asthma.

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Video explaining Corona Virus and how it attacks (Sorry if posted already)

Reactions: 5
Wow, so thats the only choice? No compromise at all. Youre willing to put up with anything for a job to go back to?
Sadly it was like this during the recession in 2008 where you had your pay cut, hours increased and had to be fluent in 20 languages and basically grin and bear it all because you knew you were lucky to have a job. (Or made to feel like that).

Reactions: 5
Copied from a news article:

Doctors have said that there are a number of reasons why obese patients are more likely to catch the virus.

Being obese can affect the body's immune system and increase inflammation, meaning the immune system finds its harder to also fight against the effects of coronavirus at the same time.

Patients with excess weight have more weight on their diaphragm as well, putting pressure on the lungs and making it harder to breathe and therefore starving them of oxygen.

In addition, clogged up arteries can also make it harder for blood carrying immune cells to circulate and travel to fight infection around the body.
I’m overweight and have asthma #doublefucked

We’ve just been put on 24 hour lock down (no supermarkets or anything), literally staying at home for the next 56 hours. I bet it will be extended though.
(Cayman Islands)

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I'd say this might apply to all low income families in the UK
90980008_2543317275892222_8063013469957390336_o.jpg

Reactions: 4
I honestly hate you @Oohthedrama 😂😂😂😂

The second one reminded me of a pic I saw
Screenshot_20200326-013918_Gallery.jpg

So apparently you’re not even allowed to show an ounce of happiness. You are to go out for fresh air. No smiling at anyone. No contact. You’re not to even look. 🙄
I dont know who those people are. But I went out and when queuing for Tesco a 5 year old girl was singing baby shark so I joined in and we legit got most people singing as we waited (2m away)

Bad singing is my happiness and noone can take that from me xx

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I’m surprised you’re given a lot of blankets for a fever in hospital, that’s the opposite of helpful.
We used to ‘warm up’ to then ‘cool down’ - more controlled that way. But we did use special air flow temperature controlled blankets.

While I’m really glad that the UK death toll was lower yesterday, I’m worried it will lull people into a false sense of security and make them think social distancing isn’t important

Also I received this email today after signing up to be an NHS volunteer:
2014F55C-2852-45F2-AC31-82EF76E6AEC3.jpeg

Reactions: 3
I’m not convinced of this statistic, there is no way they had their bmi calculated on their way into ICU surely! Although that’s not to say bmi over 40 isn’t at risk. Just a thought
I used to work in ICU everyone was weighed on admission to ICU. It was unit policy.

As I understand it it takes 2 days for test results so the daily results are 2 days behind? Also if someone dies at home without seeing a medic and the family don't want a postmortem will that statistic be left? I do wonder if people are sometimes dying with symptoms of covid but no diagnosis so not in the figures? I have never been so interested in stats!

As I understand it it takes 2 days for test results so the daily results are 2 days behind? Also if someone dies at home without seeing a medic and the family don't want a postmortem will that statistic be left? I do wonder if people are sometimes dying with symptoms of covid but no diagnosis so not in the figures? I have never been so interested in stats!
If somebody does without seeing a doctor within a certain (short) time I believe there is always a post mortem.

I’m not sure but if a person passed away from suspected coronavirus, wouldn’t they have to be tested for safety reasons? I don’t know how long someone remains infectious after death

Reactions: 1
What’s a couch?
The rectangular shaped object in your living room that your children dismantle to make a den, often decorated with coats, hoodies, throws, books and miscellaneous objects from the kitchen. It is the home of the lesser spotted television remote and if you venture far enough, the mummy pig figure that came with the set but hasn't been seen since Saturday. It's also rumoured some parents use it to sit down on to relax, a concept that seems appealing yet unobtainable 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.