Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #14

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Out for my exercise tonight along the seafront and only one person passed me think I will stick to this time of night 😂

Reactions: 11

Sounds informative.

The GOV.UK Coronavirus Information Service is an automated ‘chatbot’ service which will allow the British public to get answers to the most common questions about coronavirus direct from government.

The service will provide information on topics such as coronavirus prevention and symptoms, the latest number of cases in the UK, advice on staying at home, travel advice and myth busting.

The service will also allow the government to send messages to all opted-in users if required.

To use the free GOV.UK Coronavirus Information Service on WhatsApp, simply add 07860 064422 in your phone contacts and then message the word ‘hi’ in a WhatsApp message to get started.

Reactions: 6
We need to close all businesses, my daughters work are still open! It’s an office, absolutely no need to be open as not a public service. So selfish!
It depends on the office. Having few people in who can drive to work might be business saving. I work from home, but I wouldn't mind going to the office twice a week. We need the businesses to survive or we'll all face redundancies.

Reactions: 8
Anybody here had the virus or thought they had and now better?
I know a few threads back people said they felt like they had symptoms- just wondering how they are getting on?
It's difficult to know isn't it ... About a week ago I came to the end of some symptoms. I'd had a sore throat, headache + some upper back pain. Lasted about 5 days, all of it was mild, didn't stop me doing anything but I was aware it was there. I'm asthmatic .. I'd like to think I'm a low risk asthmatic (if there is such a thing) as I've never been hospitalised, don't really have any symptoms & would say it's very controlled. I do tend to get "stress asthma" symptoms under extreme circumstances & find mine is more allergy based than anything else. I do have the flu jab by invite + I do take my inhalers religiously every day plus a antihistamine too. If I get a cold it always goes straight to my chest + I've only ever had flu once in my life. So ... Maybe I've had a mild case ... Maybe I haven't. I'd actually like to think I have strangely enough. Be interesting to hear what everyone else has to say 🤔

Reactions: 3
Anybody here had the virus or thought they had and now better?
I know a few threads back people said they felt like they had symptoms- just wondering how they are getting on?
I’m convinced I had it last month. 23rd Feb I felt as though I was going to get ill that week.. you know that small tickle you get in your throat when you start to get ill? For 48 hours after that I had a fever, I couldn’t stop napping, my muscles were so achey and I felt generally just tit (I never get these symptoms when I have a normal cold). After that I felt fine but for about 2 weeks I had no sense of smell or taste at all!

A lot of people who have tested positive have reported loss of taste and smell too.. I really would like to get tested as I’m 90% sure I had it.

Reactions: 2
ROI update.

The Department of Health has announced 235 new cases of Covid-19 in the Republic of Ireland, as well as two further deaths.

It brings to nine the number of deaths related to the respiratory illness in the country.

The total number of cases in the state now stands at 1,564.

Tony Holohan, Chief Medical Officer at the Department of Health, said that the two patients who died were a male and a female from the east of the country.

The female involved had an underlying health condition. Dr Holohan said the Department of Health have not been notified whether the male patient had an underlying health condition.

So far, 55% of confirmed cases are male and 45% are female, with 63 clusters involving 289 cases.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Got a phone call from work (went in monday after 11 weeks ssp to get told I had to take the rest of the week off to use my remaining annual leave) to say they are mothballing our nursery due to low numbers and sticking us all on the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme... A little relieved if I'm honest...

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.