Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #114

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Practically everyone I know has it right now except me and my husband. Feels like only a matter of time šŸ˜¬

Reactions: 6
Donā€™t see how this is a positive.
This is the most positive thing Iā€™ve read!! Life has to sodden go on

Because people can get on with their life as they were born to live it. Where is the positive in staying at home for a week or so? People have had the chance now to have three jabs. People can keep wearing masks for a far weaker cold like variant. It just means it would be treated like a cold so if you feel unwell stay home until you're better but no testing for the sake of it to be told you're ill when you're not.
Absolultey! No testing, no pandemic!!! Utterly madness all this testing when people arenā€™t sick!

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
So in the U.K,
only 9ā€™400 (7851 over 65) people died OF COVID, not ā€œwithā€ covid in 2020,
In 2021, there was 7971 deaths (5746 over the age of 65)

winter flu numbers šŸ˜ no huge increase to a normal year.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
So in the U.K,
only 9ā€™400 (7851 over 65) people died OF COVID in 2020,
In 2021, there was 7971 deaths (5746 over the age of 65)

winter flu numbers šŸ˜
This was with quite a strict lockdown and restrictions in place in 2020 though, and a very effective vaccine (in terms of preventing death) for most of 2021.

I hate restrictions and think we need to get on and love with this but I do think without those mitigations, it would have been much higher than winter flu both years.

Reactions: 3
This was with quite a strict lockdown and restrictions in place in 2020 though, and a very effective vaccine (in terms of preventing death) for most of 2021.

I hate restrictions and think we need to get on and love with this but I do think without those mitigations, it would have been much higher than winter flu both years.
no way to know if thatā€™s true or if itā€™s been worth so many negative knock on effects, how many will die due to job losses, poverty, lack of treatment for other illnesses, domestic abuse, alcoholism due to lockdownā€¦..

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This is the most positive thing Iā€™ve read!! Life has to sodden go on

Absolultey! No testing, no pandemic!!! Utterly madness all this testing when people arenā€™t sick!
Exactly. Hopefully when the coronavirus act ends I'm the Spring there is no more testing. Apart from all the single use tests that are bad for the planet when we are told to be more green, we can instead treat it like other illnesses in that if you feel under the weather stay home ill but no more tests especially not to tell healthy people they are poorly.

Exactly. Hopefully when the coronavirus act ends I'm the Spring there is no more testing. Apart from all the single use tests that are bad for the planet when we are told to be more green, we can instead treat it like other illnesses in that if you feel under the weather stay home ill but no more tests especially not to tell healthy people they are poorly.
I do wonder what the plastic footprint of all the masks and tests and plastic screens offices have put up etc will be. Everywhere I walk I see discarded masks in the gutter, on pavements, in the roots of bushes etc. Iā€™m not disputing they were needed at the start of the pandemic but the material waste must be staggering.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Is it only in the US you could leave $10million+ dollars worth of PPE in the rain?

For all the recycling we proles do thereā€™s always a billionaire burning and releasing x10000 the amount of co2 on a trip to space.

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
no way to know if thatā€™s true or if itā€™s been worth so many negative knock on effects, how many will die due to job losses, poverty, lack of treatment for other illnesses, domestic abuse, alcoholism due to lockdownā€¦..
You might find those in excess death data .

I think they're to be kept on for certain settings

Donā€™t know if this is the right place to ask but has anyone else not had a period since having covid? I had it in December and my period is 2 weeks late this month and Iā€™m always on time

Donā€™t know if this is the right place to ask but has anyone else not had a period since having covid? I had it in December and my period is 2 weeks late this month and Iā€™m always on time
I think there might be a thread on this on the advice sectionā€¦ sorry I donā€™t know how to link it šŸ™ˆ

Reactions: 2
@Oohthedrama, Apologies if Iā€™ve missed a post but where do those figures come from?
ONS, now donā€™t get me wrong Iā€™m not saying it hasnā€™t contributed to a lot of people dying who wouldnā€™t have died if they hadnā€™t got the virus, but the fear mongering was extreme, and the lack of services to provide care to people suffering with other conditions and the complete disregard for how lockdowns effected education, childrenā€™s health and wellbeing, the economy, looking back was it the right thing to do šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø And why are the media continuing to drag out the fear campaign.
Just a question really.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Do people really believe cases have genuinely plummeted 45% in a week, or whatever it is theyā€™re saying? We all seem to know more people than ever with it. Iā€™m more inclined to think a lot of people arenā€™t bothering to report positive lateral flow tests, now a PCR isnā€™t required. I suspect it may have dropped a little, due to the sheer volume of testing that was going on at Christmas, but I find it hard to believe itā€™s going down as much as they say.
I think they're fiddling numbers. I've tried to have covid confirmed 4 times after symptoms and a few positive lateral flows (mainly as I needed a certificate of recovery for my job) and they 'have not been able to read the sample' every time. Have not been able to or don't want to?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
My periodwas around two weeks late after covid too. I found it worrying but it resumed at the normalise gap after the first month, but has moved away from the usual timing pattern, if that makes sense. So if it was normally around the 10th of the month itā€™s now somewhere between the 25th and 30th. It still runs with a slightly longer gap the 28 days!

Reactions: 3
My husband tested positive again this morning, after having Covid in mid-November. Is this a record?!

• Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.