Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hope96

VIP Member
The anxiety around covid and lockdown for me has been rife this week. 😪 I was really getting somewhere with going into the office 5 days a week and seeing my friends. Now I'm just terrified that clown is going to try locking us down soon.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17

Wtf123

Has anyone had a reaction to the booster jab?
Both of my parents, who are fit and well generally, had chest pains, chills, headaches and numb arms
It really scared them (and me).
I’m unvaccinated and I’m becoming ever more convinced I have made the right decision.

• Heart

elliebee27

VIP Member
Here in the US - currently am in Florida at Disney World, only minimal masks here at the moment - thinking of all of you lovely people and hoping things get better there. xoxoxoxo Have a wonderful Christmas regardless with your loved ones!

• Heart

Piff paff puff

VIP Member
Javid says, if the NHS is overwhelmed because of Omicron, hospitals might not be able to treat all patients in need. For example, they might have to take difficult decisions, affecting perhaps a child who has been in a car crash. Would they get treatment?

He says some MPs might think this is just a “hypothetical” risk, “but it’s not”.

Using an example of a child in a car crash not getting treatment to stoke the fear.
I don't normally listen to radio now, mostly podcast but on talk radio this morning alone was 2 phone in saying they had to stay a few nights in hospital and it was empty, nurses sitting around drinking coffee and another said A and E was empty both times they went with a repeat message on a speaker saying we may not look busy right now but we are 🤔🤷‍♀️
It's so blatent now, propaganda and lies upon lies.

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
I’m not expecting a lockdown in Jan, nor the schools. Remote learning has been raised by my child’s school, not because of closures but if they are off but well enough to continue learning or if the school has to send some classes/years home due to low staff levels.
The isolation needs to ends. The country will grind to a halt if the amount of cases go as predicted.

kev1974

VIP Member
Yip they're a waste of time ,you don't even need to test just upload a neg result on your Gov account and they text it back that stands as your official result 😂 did the place you were going just look at the actual test ?
We had a work trip to Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park London today and the youngsters in the company were just sharing a screen shot of the covid passport from one of them that had actually done it to all the rest of them. The minimum wage zero hours contract security peeps on the entrance weren't bothered, they just took a cursory glance at everyone's phone to see this screenshot of the same covid passport and waved them all in. No checking of names or anything like that.

Even if you want a proper covid passport in your own name all you need to do is fill in the NHS form with the reference number off a LFT strip, don't even need to bother doing the test, and that gets you your negative result and 30 days covid pass.

Whole thing is an absolute waste of time and criminal waste of money (and plastic) from beginning to end.

(And it had to be a right covid hotspot in there, especially inside the Bavarian Village where everyone was wasted on Bavarian Gold beer and dancing on top of each other. Super-spreader event right there!).

• Wow

elliebee27

VIP Member
Imagine if they only counted cases as people actually sick needing hospital care rather than positive PCR. Then they wouldn’t have numbers to bang on about to shut down society permanently as is their plan.

God knows we never did this for other pandemics. Just focused on the actually sick and used testing as appropriate. During swine flu they gave up fast on testing everyone as it’s a worthless indicator and a waste when it’s endemic, I only got a test theb because I was very sick wit it.

elliebee27

VIP Member
Minor in the scheme of things but found out my Christmas work lunch has been cancelled last minute! :( My company hosted an international event in the US recently where they tested everyone daily but it still lead to a whole raft of infections once everyone got back home so have basically blanket cancelled all company related stuff. I've literally not seen most of my colleagues in person since March 2020.
New normal, imagine if we tested for the common cold like this. Wait, with the variant we basically are…

Pinkii

VIP Member
Thats fucking ridiculous, how can they keep asking people to help NHS when they fuck itnup themselves, people should be able to access GP appointments to sort their issues rather than go a&e and possibly get covid or waiting till its too late.

I’m so fucking angry at this shit show now, where is the money going for NHS!? what happened to the nightingale hospitals!? why are we not having someone other than GP’s administrating shots!?

I don’t believe Boris is behind all these decisions, who the fuck is making these decisions?

• Heart

Wtf123

is anybody else at the point where it’s causing actual anxiety everyone the sky news app pings their phone?
I spent the whole of last year and most of this year having therapy off the back of all this and I have just got to a good place mentally. But it’s definitely creeping back in now. Why can’t we all take responsibility for our own health and risk assess what we want to do and when we want to do it!?

None of it makes sense!!!! I was at a comedy gig this evening with 9000 people.
People took off masks as soon as they sat down, I am not vaccinated and had to show proof of a negative text result on my phone. (It wasn’t actually checked by anybody, I literally just flashed my phone!)

none of it makes sense anymore. Please make it stop!!

• Heart

Ding

VIP Member
Well I ended up having the best day in York with the fam today. We ate, drank n bought way too much 😂
Was outside a lot of the day round the markets then in a large retail outlet, where I'd say 95% of people were wearing masks. I've had my mask on whenever inside and sanitised plenty so fingers crossed we'll all be ok for Christmas.
We were going to call in at our local walk in vaccine centre that opened yesterday on the way back but we stayed out later than expected and it closed at 8. But I have an appointment booked for Saturday for it anyway 🙂

• Heart

givepeasachance

VIP Member
This is stupid.

What if you don't use public transport? Or roads? Or trains? Or don't have kids? Should you also be able to opt out of paying portion of tax for roads if you walk everywhere? I don't have kids, should I ask for a tax rebate for schools?

Services like the NHS are for the benefit of all. They make a healthier society for us all.
I've seen some disgusting messages on SM from vaccinated stating that unvaccinated shouldn't even be entitled to NHS treatment.....

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow

Kat5998

VIP Member
This is worrying. Given the recent publicity of the deaths of Arthur and Star, I hope your concern has been reported.
I have suggested we contact someone, but my mum’s too worried about getting on the wrong side of the parents 😓

Sorry to derail the thread, but we’ve had to move into my dads because we were getting verbal abuse off our next door neighbour, so we don’t want to get on the wrong side of anyone else

I feel sorry for the kids (one of them is disabled), and she screams and screams and screams to the point where the parents are shouting “SHUT THE FUCK UP”. It’s such a toxic environment and we have no idea what to do

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
I’m only really having the booster because I know they’re going to change ‘full vaccinated’ status to having all 3 and I want to go away next month and do normal things still. Deffo not the reason to be vaccinated.

• Sad

L2M2

Why all the Sturgeon hate….all she’s doing is trying to keep the country safe! Better than sitting back, pretending it isn’t happening then having to impose stricter rules as a result. It’s a difficult balance but she’s trying to do something.

• Haha
  • Angry

HoGi

VIP Member
It is actual madness. Its now the exact symptoms what 1000000s get at least once a year. If you ever tried to phone in sick for a cold they'd be like... BEHAVE YOURSELF 🤣

But they're not going to ever report the fact that the cold (coronavirus!!!) spreads like wildfire, every year and....plot twist....the cold also "killed" people via complications but again, not reported, ever.
Colds don't kill people, covid does! Summon the police whoop whoop whoop!

P.s.To the tune of guns don't kill people for anyone too young or old.

P.P.s. I fully agree colds kill people

Do colds kill 100k people a year? Is there 'long cold'? Where the impact of a cold stays with you for years leaving you with damaged heart and lungs?
There is post viral fatigue syndrome that the medical profession hasn't taken seriously until it was rebranded long covid