Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
I genuinely think part of the answer is stop testing. Why are we testing if we’re not sick or suffering? You wouldn’t test for the flu or something in case you had it.
Absolutely.

I don't understand the obsession with testing. It is almost like in some circles it has become a badge of honour to stick a cotton bud up your nose just because you had a sniffle.

Reactions: 16

givepeasachance

VIP Member
I agree. I take biologics and live with the threat of illness if I catch viruses/infections everyday, pandemic or no pandemic. But I'm afraid you have to live your life, you can't live in fear of the unknown 🤷🏼‍♀️
Hubby takes injected biologics (hence him wanting the Covid vaccinations) and he just gets on and enjoys life too, despite the daily risk of even a mere cold morphing into something more serious.

Interestingly, we are convinced that hubbys yearly flu jabs trigger off a major flare up of his condition. Every nurse /health professional we asked about this (i.e can a flu jab trigger flare ups), we were categorically told 'no' each time because they were not live vaccines.

However, when we put the same question to the consultant that my hubby sees (even saying that we were being told there was no link), they raised an eyebrow and said 'Well.........'

Their opinion was that vaccines (live or not) can and do trigger flare ups of existing conditions. It is just dependent on that individual person and how their body reacts to things.

No idea what the point of sharing this was tbh. Maybe it's the fact we asked numerous health care professionals and received a constant mantra of 'no' that doesn't sit right with me, even though days after getting flu jabs he became chronically ill. He doesn't have flu jabs anymore, so I've no idea why he's getting the Covid vaccinations but that's his choice. Having said that, he hasn't (touch wood) had any major issues with the Covid vaccines apart from a headache and slight chills 🤞

Reactions: 16

ATV2021

VIP Member
Covid is obviously different, though, as it has spread far more rapidly and caused more death and disability than your run of the mill flus and colds. If not, why would all this have happened? Have all the countries decided to get together and all pretend the severity is more than it really is? I give up sometimes lol.
You have your opinion. I have mine. I won't tell you what to think nor will I listen to others telling me what to think either. There's something else going on here but what I don't know yet but it scares me how quickly people are willing to give up freedoms (yep I've had covid, but the flu was way worse for me)

Deaths are within 28 days of a positive test regardless of cause. So yes someone with covid could get run over but covid is going straight on the death certificate. Covid didn't kill my grandad yet according to the stats it did. He died from severe (self inflicted) malnutrition and dehydration. So is the total deaths actually OF Covid? Or just with....

View attachment 925709

They probably think it’s more than just a bed the NHS does face winter pressure but flu for the majority of staff is not a problem will they let those with covid carry on working? It’s the sheer number infected will bring it to a standstill.
The news I saw about hospitals was "4 hour queues for A&E and no beds"..... my nurse friends were like what's new?

I feel everytime a Xmas party story comes out....Boris comes out with a conference 🤣

Reactions: 15

ATV2021

VIP Member
Do colds kill 100k people a year? Is there 'long cold'? Where the impact of a cold stays with you for years leaving you with damaged heart and lungs?
As someone else said there has been post viral issues for years. Just seem to be branding it now. And when people have complications from a cold, they can also have damaged organs. Again because its not been rammed down anyone's throat before its been swept under the proverbial rug.
My friends Nan hasn't had her taste in about 20 years after a cold so yes I'm saying there is a "long cold". All viruses have the risk of being "long". I still get Post-herpetic neuralgia from shingles (also a virus) and that was 2017.

Nope having a party Saturday can’t wait!
Ours is tomorrow and I may piss with glee!!

veevee04

VIP Member
I would like to know the stats of age of death and comorbid conditions today. I am probably going to sound heartless I have work in a mental health hospital with an elderly organic/brain injury unit attached non of the patients on the working age wards died of COVID or got seriously ill. On the elderly/brain injury unit we lost half of the patients while very sad these people were approaching the end of their lives with dementia and other health conditions say they didn't have COVID it would be approx 6 months before they passed so COVID sped up the decline and the end. Many people on this ward were well in their 80s and 90s.

They used to call pneumonia old man's friend without being controversial I definitely think the world now views every death as a failure instead of a natural thing we all will die at some point it's not
a failure . People are being kept alive with multiple organ failure and serious cognitive decline with low quality of life.
I've just actually read the median age of death of COVID is 83 which is older than the average life expectancy. Which is insane !!!!

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
I’ve only ever tested when asked (out of respect for the person asking) or if a close contact has 100% tested positive.
Me too I’ve never bought into the ‘test weekly’ crap. The impact this pandemic is having on the environment is going to be detrimental with all this plastic etc.

• Sad

Jaynefnw

Chatty Member
Did I hear right...... Boris is claiming he has had messages from the public in support of him after his Xmas party rule breaking(that he is still claiming never happened) ...... Stfu lying buffoon

• Wow
  • Angry

Tublet83

VIP Member
Went for a PCR test yesterday. Feel crappy with cold symptoms but none of the main 3 covid symptoms. Seeing extremely vulnerable family over the next week, and thankfully it’s negative and results back in 21 hours 🥳

Now just need to get over this cold because I don’t want to pass this onto family either!

• Heart

Freddo10

What is a good answer if someone asks if you are vaccinated?

I haven't had the question yet, but I need a good response (not ending in 'off'), which is polite, reasonable, but can also shut down any further questions. Something which doesn't make that person put me in 'angry anti vaxxer' category, but said in a way that they respect and understand my decision.
Ask them if they’ve ever had the clap?

• Haha
  • Heart

ATV2021

VIP Member
In one breath we’re being told to get vaccines and boosters and in another there is talk about a lockdown. I’m sorry but if even after having 3 vaccines we still have to lockdown i can’t be doing with it anymore.
Exactly this. And when they announced the new booster rules, millions complied with that aswell and its still NOT enough, no idea what is or will be tbh.

Lucie1001

Chatty Member
Businesses picked up once the numbers went down didn't it? I don't have much sympathy for food places as people have no self control and seem OBSESSED with eating out to the point they can't even make a cuppa at home?

We don't get taxed as much as Germany and Germany have an amazing qaulity of life due to how the money is spent.
you sound like such a fun person! 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

Warpaint

VIP Member
If they made people pay for them then there'd be a lot fewer. I definitely agree people are testing far too much. Any little sign of them feeling a bit different and they're off for one.