Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Thank goodness this isn't the black death. We have far more ways to protect ourselves these days, yet our freedoms are far less. Make it make sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 16

SarahGard83

VIP Member
I feel at this point that we might as well walk around with a covid vaccine IV attached to us. Feels like this will never end

• Sad

hollowcrown

Chatty Member
Sturgeon always wants to go one step further than the English government in order to be like "told you so"

MensaBarbie1985

Chatty Member
Looks like I might finally get to see my family in South Africa in February without having to pay for a hotel afterwards ❤

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
So basically;
“You’re not dead are you?…. See, vaccines work 😐

I do feel bad for Boris,
2 young kids he actually has to live with and raise, and like, acknowledge their existence 🤷‍♀️ and a wife,
no time for a mistress this Christmas 😕

• Haha

Ibrokethegoddamnwheel

Chatty Member
We really need to stop testing asymptomatic people and making people isolate. We are all going to be exposed to this at some point - what are we actually hiding from now? A seemingly much more mild illness akin to a cold? What are we protecting? I just don’t understand
I’ve been saying this for a while now and every time I mention it on this thread I get told “oh but you might be carrying it asymptomatically” yes, and? What exactly is the problem with that? That I might “kill granny” By passing it on unknowingly? Well granny should be triple vaccinated by this point so should be protected. When does it end? Asymptomatic testing has to stop at some point.

• Heart

jackolantern

VIP Member
I didn’t say they were fucked or that cases mean admissions I said let’s see how healthcare holds up that is the proof then , if you’re turned away from the hospital door you’ll know for sure. I agree with only testing those that are ill I’ve never seen the need for healthy people to stay home.
But people already are turned away, so where's the difference? People haven't been able to get doctors appointments, dentist appointments, hell pretty much any treatment throughout the entire pandemic. That isn't because of Omicron. This is the problem I feel like it's so burned into people's brains now that if they are denied treatment, it because new variants are burdening the NHS, as opposed to the fact the government is just removing all avenues of care. E.g. as discussed before, A&E is struggling because people can't get GP appointments, people can't get GP appointments because GP's are now dedicating their time to boosters etc etc. My GP surgery has never been so quiet than through the pandemic and everyone I know said the same about theirs. The staff were there, they just were denying patients access.

cubegame

So after three weeks of the obvious from South Africa it appears that UK "experts" are starting to cotton on to what the more sensible amongst us had realised.

So when do we get to see the Covidian advisors who have made the government DESTROY the hospitality industry apologise?

When do we see the poor people who had £2000 plus for unnecessary enforced imprisonment reimbursed for their money and time?

When do we see the selfish arseholes who queued for a vaccine booster they didn't need show come contrition to the people who's medical appointments they stole?

I'm betting.....never.....because we "still don't know enough about Omicron". How long will the Omicron wetties carry on with this charade? Or are they already starting to pray for their glorious deity to send another Kleenex-worthy variant so they can engage in further viral inspired onanism?

• Heart

ATV2021

VIP Member
"Probably"

I used to shun the CTs (and some are still batshit crazy with theories) but I can't help but really think this is shit all to do with a virus anymore lol

NHS will soon be private as they "had to sell it to cope". Winter is overrun every year but its good media to scaremonger by saying it now.

As someone said, it's basically a cold. Viruses don't want mass killings as then they cannot spread lol they want everyone to know their business and yes they will take down a few on route but they'll mutate to get less murderous but spread more so that they can be like BOOM GOT INTO MILLIONS THIS TIME! And so on forever more lol

jackolantern

VIP Member
Yes it's been the same in Canada

Before the pandemic the mantra was always don't go to the emergency department see your GP.

Now GPs are conducting phone consults and even then it's hard to get an appointment.

They deal with trivial matters and issue prescriptions

If you're concerned about something that may escalate they tell you to go to emergency.

So no proactive treatment to prevent things actually becoming an emergency.

I had some heart palpitations a while back that went on for a few weeks , I had a phone consult.
I was told it was probably just stress related and if if got serious, was unable to walk or breathe I should call an ambulance.

In this instance I insisted they see me at the clinic to run some tests. Otherwise I would have gone to emergency to get the tests done.
Exactly this! The NHS should be about prevention and it never has been but now it’s even worse. I’ve chipped a hole in my tooth that’s ripping the shit out of my tongue, haven’t been able to find a dentist taking NHS patients for years but thought - hey this is an emergency (there own website even states it is) and the woman on the phone basically said they will only help when I am bleeding or have an infection.

So wait till I’m at risk of sepsis then? Sounds logical.

• Sad
  • Wow

kev1974

VIP Member
France has banned the British
:ROFLMAO: because France is currently free of Omicron? What about all their other borders? Comical behaviour. I mean it's been announced that New Zealand has cases now, and they have been fussy about who's allowed in for ever.

Will be a mad scramble down at St Pancras for the Eurostar today and tomorrow then. More people cramming in to every space on those trains. Well done France, big slow clap for you there.

Warpaint

VIP Member
Ridiculous. Wales is depressing enough as it is. Got to give the young ones at least something to do.

• Haha

SarahGard83

VIP Member
GPs refusing to see people in favour of giving boosters will bump up numbers attending A&E. So that will feed the line about hospitals being overwhelmed

But chest will drop off next few days. Noone is going to test after today if it means isolating for Xmas. Unless they do it purposely to avoid the mother in law 🤣
We're not testing unless we feel unwell. Done with it all