Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Very telling that the government manages to find the money for endless covid tests, paying peoples wages through lockdowns and millions of vaccines but has left the NHS and other services such as education and social care to struggle on bare bones for years to the point where a relatively mild virus pushes things to the brink of collapse.

Just shows that when push comes to shove they can find the money, they just don’t want to put it where it’s truly needed so that society as a whole can benefit and thrive. I’m dreading another decade or more of austerity, tax increases and cuts to vital services whilst the rich carry on with life unaffected. Everything feels so tit right now.
I'm dreading the April increases already. National Insurance, council tax etc all going up by god knows how much. Ah well I shall try to remain positive and focus on what I can change - which is only how I let things affect me ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13
So sorry to hear that,my dad got his surgery just before lockdown last year and he is doing well now so I’m really keeping my fingers crossed for your dad x
Yeah, I can't really complain as the NHS has been good at keeping an eye on things. Another guy at hospital who my dad was sitting with waiting, told my dad he was supposed to have his bladder removed. That man said he had Covid a while ago and it was mild, which was interesting.

Anyway, he also had to go home as his op was cancelled too due to lack of beds. It's annoying, but up until now they've made sure to keep an eye on my dad's cancer. my dad is ok at the moment though. He's 75 and seems to have more energy than me haha, despite his issues.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I watched a music documentary recently and UB40/ The Specials were in it - there were some really dark times in the 80s. Mass unemployment, industries closing left right and centre, poll tax, riots etc. I felt the fear and oppression again watching it, had forgotten how grim it was. How can this country still be in a tit state all these years on? I feel the anxiety rising again tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 18
If you have a Covid passport - you can walk into a pub KNOWING you have Covid and no one will stop you.

But if you haven’t got a passport, have a negative test and therefore don’t have Covid - you can’t go in a pub

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Keeping kids out of school is so detrimental to them, it's unreal. Here in the US we have had some places out almost two years. Many kids just disappeared from view not having support, laptops, etc and nowhere to go to study since libraries were closed too. California had that problem. Here in our new state our governor said he would not do that to our kids and his commitment to keeping them in school has been a great reason I approve of the guy. I hope all the kids in the UK stay in school. Here in the US the teachers' unions were hard at work trying not to work and screaming they would die, while going on vacations and sending their kids pre-recorded videos to watch.

We are destroying our children's futures before our eyes and only a certain segment of the population cares or even notices...

• Sad
Reactions: 22
The NHS as it stands isn’t fit for purpose, and I say that as an NHS worker

a large part of my role involves seeking funding from NHS England (so indirectly the government) to pay for vital mental health services. So many times we are turned down and if we do receive investment the amount is laughable. In my area we have an up to two year wait for assessment appointments and am eating disorder service expected to meet targets with half the normal funding. Yet they can find £13bn plus for track and trace!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I’ve just had an event cancelled that was supposed to go ahead on Saturday as they are using the place as a vaccination centre🙄
Mentioned in the Scottish parliament today.
If it hadn't been for COP26 I think the Glasgow Hydro/SECC would still be out of commission.

What’s the significance of the red list being scrapped!

?

does this mean there is less danger?

Reactions: 1
She actually has the arrogance to believe that people abide by her 'requests'. Who is she again?
Ive more respect for wee Janette Krankie than I have for her. She's got the female equivalent of small man syndrome

I have suggested we contact someone, but my mum’s too worried about getting on the wrong side of the parents 😓

Sorry to derail the thread, but we’ve had to move into my dads because we were getting verbal abuse off our next door neighbour, so we don’t want to get on the wrong side of anyone else

I feel sorry for the kids (one of them is disabled), and she screams and screams and screams to the point where the parents are shouting “SHUT THE duck UP”. It’s such a toxic environment and we have no idea what to do
Do you know if they attend school, if so, contact their school. If not, the MASH team for your area.

It could be what you are reporting makes the missing piece of the puzzle or triggers the investigation.

Don't be scared to report, its better a call put in that's wrong than one that is ignored and is right

Reactions: 9
What’s the significance of the red list being scrapped!

?

does this mean there is less danger?
Now not only celebs or individuals with a high net worth are allowed to come in to watch football without all of the added faff of quarantine . 🤪

Reactions: 5
Surely not having the quarantine gives the message that it’s not so dangerous?

Reactions: 2
Has anyone been able to understand the health message from the beginning !

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Went to book a 3rd vaccine, they want me to drive 25 miles EACH WAY and there are no appointments till Jan, I think not

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Why all the Sturgeon hate….all she’s doing is trying to keep the country safe! Better than sitting back, pretending it isn’t happening then having to impose stricter rules as a result. It’s a difficult balance but she’s trying to do something.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.