Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why do you assume they were in their last few days? A terminal cancer diagnosis means the cancer can't be cured, it doesn't mean they're a few days away from death. They can often live for many months, or more than year, with chemo keeping their cancer at bay.

But if they were to contract covid, that life expectancy would likely be reduced massively and that's why it would be on their Death Certificate as a contributing factor.

I do have respect for people who've fought cancer. My Dad fought it for over a year with great courage and determination, never once complaining. You're the one lacking in respect by acting like a terminal cancer patient is at death's door and therefore implying it doesn't matter if they catch covid - even though it could have accelerated their death massively. And all to score points on the internet. Very callous indeed.
My father in law had a mate who was diagnosed with terminal cancer. His wife had died so he sold his house, gave money to both his kids and pretty much lived for the 2 years they gave him. He was in massive trouble and ended up moving with my father in law because he went longer than the 2 years they gave him and died after 7 years.

My sister was diagnosed as terminal 8 years ago but weirdly is exempt from vaccine as it wont improve her quality of life and could potentially kill her.

Terminal definitely doesnt mean within hours or days

Reactions: 5
Have to hand it to Boris,
he’s successfully got everyone arguing with each other and attacking the unvaccinated as he’s gone to stock up on Brie and blue WKD.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Have to hand it to Boris,
he’s successfully got everyone arguing with each other and attacking the unvaccinated as he’s gone to stock up on Brie and blue WKD.
Perfect deflection from the Christmas parties they’ll be having in the next week!

When are their parties scheduled for this year? Just to make sure all mine are scheduled beforehand as they’ll no doubt be banned as soon as no. 10 have had their fun !

Reactions: 12
Found actual footage of Boris tackling some poor kid out the way so he can get first dibs on Daddy Pig’s Car Ride at PPW:

I thought that was a clip from Father’s Day last year when all his kids turned up at the same time with the ex wives and ex mistresses on a hired coach.

You just know he never runs out of socks and lynx gift sets

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Sorry just catching up as been away for the weekend…

I had covid back in July (double jabbed October and November 2020 as part of a trial) and can honestly say I’ve never ever felt so ill

symptoms were dragging for months and months on so I went back to my GP who did a chest x ray which was clear but then did blood tests which showed my B12 was chronically low! Apparently there is evidence to show that low B12 may cause more severe covid but also vice versa…

im topping up with private injections each month now!

Reactions: 6

I had covid back in July (double jabbed October and November 2020 as part of a trial) and can honestly say I’ve never ever felt so ill

symptoms were dragging for months and months on so I went back to my GP who did a chest x ray which was clear but then did blood tests which showed my B12 was chronically low! Apparently there is evidence to show that low B12 may cause more severe covid but also vice versa…

I’ve been referred to have a full blood count. It has been a month since I had the appointment with the long-covid clinic (virtually) and looks like it will be weeks if not months before I get any appointment. Might look at going private if not too expensive.

I hope you’re seeing small improvements in recovery.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

B12 is vital for the immune system and also mood regulation which many people also don’t realise, so that makes sense those with low b12 have more symptoms.

Are you vegan or veggie? I’d recommend making sure the vitamins you are getting are Methylcobalamin type as they’re best for absorption.

thank you
B12 is vital for the immune system and also mood regulation which many people also don’t realise, so that makes sense those with low b12 have more symptoms.

Are you vegan or veggie? I’d recommend making sure the vitamins you are getting are Methylcobalamin type as they’re best for absorption.
thank you. I’m not actually vegan or veggie but my family have a propensity to pernicious anaemia so I’m thinking DNA! I’ve booked the monthly jabs for now and trying to improve my intake so will see!

thank you

thank you. I’m not actually vegan or veggie but my family have a propensity to pernicious anaemia so I’m thinking DNA! I’ve booked the monthly jabs for now and trying to improve my intake so will see!
Ah that definitely could be a contributor. It can take a good 6-12 months to turn a deficiency around so patience is key with it. I’d also recommend seeing a nutritional therapist as there’s many factors that can harm your bodies ability to absorb b12 if you’re on any other medications eg PPIs are known to cause issues with b12 absorption so some people find they have to really analyse all that they’re consuming to manage it best. Good luck with your recovery I hope you get it under control.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

How do you know which type? I've been taking these recently, had veg1 ones before

Attachments

Reactions: 1
So if you’ve had your second vaccine two months ago it’s fine to have a booster?

I’m glad there are others on here who have had the 2 jags but won’t get the booster. I’m the same - I don’t really want a booster every 6 months! Especially when the new variants are obviously getting weaker it’s pointless, also how are they going to define “fully vaccinated”? 1 booster? 2 boosters? I’m still going out to my clubs and events with no anxiety, I’m aware I could very easily catch it in those environments but that is a risk I am willing to take.

I don’t see the point in putting your life on hold for years now in fear of a virus that isn’t going away anytime soon! If your scared stay at home but national lockdowns solve nothing. I became increasingly suicidal during the past lockdowns and didn’t ask for help seeing as the NHS MH services are non-existent. The strain on the NHS is caused by underfunding and people abusing the system, covid is clearly not as big as an impact on the NHS as the media makes it seem. It’s all just deflection from solving the actual problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
How do you know which type? I've been taking these recently, had veg1 ones before
Yours are Cyanocobalamin, the main difference is yours are synthetic whereas Methylcobalamin is a naturally occurring source. I’d really recommend also choosing vitamins without bulkers/binders and filling agents. Look out for food grade vitamins they will be pricier but like most things you pay for what you get and the way I explain to my patients is it’s an investment in your health. There’s many different brands my go to are usually Wild Nutrition but there’s many brands to choose from.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.