Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'they'd better not shut schools'
'it's shameful that non covid treatments are being cancelled'

also

'I'm not getting vaccinated, why should I?

• Angry
Reactions: 16
Terminal cancer kills cancer patients. Testing positive a couple of days/weeks before their deaths should not overrule this.
If someone with terminal cancer contracts covid their immune system will struggle to fight it off and it will most likely kill them. But often long before the cancer itself would have done. That's why it's listed on the Death Certificate. Have a bit of respect.

Reactions: 14
Wes Streeting on BBC five live telling the presenter that he'll be going out next week with 8 members of his team. He is the labour secretary for health and social care ladies and gentlemen. Wtf?! Make it make sense please.

• Wow
Reactions: 5

also

What about all those that are vaccinted but the same fate awaits ? It's infecting everybody regardless

Reactions: 8

also

Even if I was vaccinated and everyone else whom is unvaccinated, it still likely would happen.

Reactions: 3
If someone with terminal cancer contracts covid their immune system will struggle to fight it off and it will most likely kill them. But often long before the cancer itself would have done. That's why it's listed on the Death Certificate. Have a bit of respect.
No, you have respect for people who have fought cancer and in their last few days contract a virus which may or may not have given them symptoms and then had that virus named on their death certificate.
And let’s not forgot, due to them testing positive during their last few days they would probably not have been allowed their family with them at their last few moments.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
We will never know the exact figures but suffice to say there are tens of thousands.
Likely not, actually.

There was a FOI on Dorset Healthcare, who had reported that just over 1,000 people had died with covid in 2020. The FOI actually revealed that only 3 people had died of covid.

Up to mid November there were 124k 'with' covid deaths, if we extrapolate the same percentage from Dorset Healthcare it is 324 deaths of covid. 324. Not tens of thousands, not even one thousand. Not even close.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
No, you have respect for people who have fought cancer and in their last few days contract a virus which may or may not have given them symptoms and then had that virus named on their death certificate.
Why do you assume they were in their last few days? A terminal cancer diagnosis means the cancer can't be cured, it doesn't mean they're a few days away from death. They can often live for many months, or more than year, with chemo keeping their cancer at bay.

But if they were to contract covid, that life expectancy would likely be reduced massively and that's why it would be on their Death Certificate as a contributing factor.

I do have respect for people who've fought cancer. My Dad fought it for over a year with great courage and determination, never once complaining. You're the one lacking in respect by acting like a terminal cancer patient is at death's door and therefore implying it doesn't matter if they catch covid - even though it could have accelerated their death massively. And all to score points on the internet. Very callous indeed.

Reactions: 14
If Omicron was so bad it would have killed someone by now. By all accounts symptoms are mild, people aren’t going into hospital because they have covid they’re going in for other issues and happen to test positive - big difference in my opinion. Many probably wouldn’t know they have it if it weren’t for being tested.

To add to that, if covid in general was so bad then our lovely leaders of this country wouldn’t have been having secret parties and gatherings last Christmas. They would have actually taken their rules seriously like the rest of us mugs did.

Really struggling to understand the need for me, a relatively young and healthy enough person to get a booster/third jab. I had a cold last week that made me feel like tit yet you’ve got people with no symptoms testing positive for covid and having their lives disrupted. Kids being forced to stay home from school for nearly 2 weeks because they test positive yet have no symptoms. It can’t just be me that finds it all a bit ridiculous at this point. I was led to believe the vaccines would be our way out of this.

I won’t be going to get the booster until the new year, can’t be arsed dealing with the mad rush that is about to ensue and I’d like to get my jab locally rather than traipsing around for miles. Not getting any more jabs after that though, they can duck off with any further ‘boosters’. Where does it end? Jabs every few months till the end of time? Is anyone genuinely ok with that prospect?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Why do you assume they were in their last few days? A terminal cancer diagnosis means the cancer can't be cured, it doesn't mean they're a few days away from death. They can often live for many months, with chemo keeping their cancer at bay.

But if they were to contract covid, that life expectancy would likely be reduced massively and that's why it would be on their Death Certificate as a contributing factor.

I do have respect for people who've fought cancer. My Dad fought it for over a year with great courage and determination, never once complaining. You're the one lacking in respect by acting like a terminal cancer patient is at death's door and therefore implying it doesn't matter if they catch covid - even though it could have accelerated their death massively. And all to score points on the internet. Very callous indeed.
You have obviously misunderstood what I originally posted. If someone who is terminally ill and during their last few days catches Covid in a hospital or a hospice, they are recorded as a Covid death. I am not talking about terminally ill as in those who have cancer who cannot be cured but potentially will still live 5 years etc.
Shall I give examples:
Betty. She has metastatic breast cancer, she’s fought for years but it’s beaten her. On being admitted to a hospice she is given less than a month to live. On week 2 she catches Covid has no symptoms. 5 days later she dies. Cause of death on death cert - Covid.
Bob. He has brain cancer. He is terminal. But docs say it’s slow growing and he can have 5 years of good quality of life. He goes to hospital for a check up. While there he comes into contact with Covid. He dies 2 weeks later. Cause of death on death cert - Covid.
2 very different situations but both are a Covid stat.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
You have obviously misunderstood what I originally posted. If someone who is terminally ill and during their last few days catches Covid in a hospital or a hospice, they are recorded as a Covid death. I am not talking about terminally ill as in those who have cancer who cannot be cured but potentially will still live 5 years etc.
My point still stands - if covid has accelerated someone's death - even if they would have only lived a few days longer, then it was a contributing factor and that's why it's right that it's on the Death Certificate.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
My point still stands - if covid has accelerated someone's death - even if they would have only lived a few days longer, then it was a contributing factor and that's why it's right that it's on the Death Certificate.
My dad died from sepsis following a chest infection.

But his death certificate just said dementia and old age.

Don't believe everything a death certificate tells you

And believe the government stats on covid deaths even less. They are just deaths FROM ANY CAUSE within 28 days of a positive test

Reactions: 20
But it’s not correct in saying that 146k people have died from Covid. When some of them will be like Betty in my example.

Reactions: 11
My dad died from sepsis following a chest infection.

But his death certificate just said dementia and old age.

Don't believe everything a death certificate tells you

And believe the government stats on covid deaths even less. They are just deaths FROM ANY CAUSE within 28 days of a positive test
My Grandads said Covid and Dementia.

He had never been diagnosed with dementia. He died 2 days after apparently contracting covid in hospital, so it wasn't covid. So yeah the whole cause and co-morbibidies was a total lie. In fact the memory clinic rang the day he died to book an appointment to check his memory status and he had never had any input before - he was sharp as a tack before lockdowns (aged 94)

He died because he lost his wife of 68 years 4 months prior and decided to stop eating eating drinking for the 2 weeks prior to his death as he wanted to die. I don't believe most of the death certs tbh!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
My Grandads said Covid and Dementia.

He had never been diagnosed with dementia. He died 2 days after apparently contracting covid in hospital, so it wasn't covid. So yeah the whole cause and co-morbibidies was a total lie. In fact the memory clinic rang the day he died to book an appointment to check his memory status and he had never had any input before - he was sharp as a tack before lockdowns (aged 94)

He died because he lost his wife of 68 years 4 months prior and decided to stop eating eating drinking for the 2 weeks prior to his death as he wanted to die. I don't believe most of the death certs tbh!
My gran died last December. She was admitted to hospital with sepsis due to her old age her body couldn’t fight it and she died. Cause of death on death cert, old age. It was sepsis which killed her. Sepsis not even mentioned on the death cert.

• Heart
My gran died last December. She was admitted to hospital with sepsis due to her old age her body couldn’t fight it and she died. Cause of death on death cert, old age. It was sepsis which killed her. Sepsis not even mentioned on the death cert.
It's literally shocking and until I saw my Grandads, I never would have believed they'd put BS on death certificates. One thing he 100% did not have. He was delirious in hospital as he stopped bloody eating and drinking, his mind was made up.

Reactions: 8
Basically it's like last year, just throwing everything at the wall see what sticks. There's this big booster drive - that won't work. Then tighter restrictions will come in - still tons of cases. And then of course the eventual lockdown when all else has failed. Hopefully they don't try go as far as they have in Germany and Austria.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.