Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My daughter has been working so hard towards her GCSE’s next year if they close schools I’m going to be very very angry.

Also I’m not gonna tell people to get vaccinated, that’s not my job Boris or my business. If people don’t want the vaccine that is their decision just like you and your mates took us all for mugs last christmas and made the decision to throw over 5 parties while we all stayed home like the sheep we are. You Prime Minister can do one.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Some people are practically wetting their knickers over the thought of another lockdown. They're buzzing at the sheer thought of it. Lunatics!
I remember feeling "safe" during the lockdowns and they became my comfort zone. I didn't realise the damage they did to my mental health until I started doing basic things which I hadn't done for months. I'm genuinely terrified at the prospect of another lockdown. I don't think I'll survive another one.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Can you imagine in 2019 if they had said that cancer treatment would be halted due to flu and respiratory viruses. There would have been outrage
Can you imagine if in 2019 if they had said that 146,000 people in the UK would have died due to “flu and respiratory viruses”? There would have been outrage…

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Can you imagine if in 2019 if they had said that 146,000 people in the UK would have died due to “flu and respiratory viruses”? There would have been outrage…
But there hasn’t been. Terminal cancer patients who have caught Covid in hospitals and hospices are recorded as a Covid death.

Reactions: 12
Some people are practically wetting their knickers over the thought of another lockdown. They're buzzing at the sheer thought of it. Lunatics!
All I can think is people wanting to be sat on furlough - wouldn’t fancy that job insecurity personally!

Reactions: 6
Didnt bother watching it but seen on twitter that we now have to declare our vaccine status to our employers? What was the reason for this?

Is it mass data collection to see if they can afford to pay more furlough so they can lock unvaccinated down?!

I mean, nothing would surprise me at this point

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Cancer appts have been being cancelled for many months now. I've never known A&E so bad, for so long.

My Trust have many, many inappropriate attendances but patients feel they can't access primary care. Lots of patients are more acutely unwell than they would have been.

There was a national push to restore elective and outpatient services to 120% of 19/20 levels.. most Trusts are at around 100% as there just isn't enough acute beds to deal with the emergency demand, letalone extra planned work on top.

The NHS is a very difficult place to work at the moment at all levels. However, boosters aren't the answer in my eyes.

Reactions: 13
But there hasn’t been. Terminal cancer patients who have caught Covid in hospitals and hospices are recorded as a Covid death.
Well, obviously. Last year my Dad had a difficult decision to make - he had to go into hospital for his chemo treatment, but his oncologist told him in plain terms that if he were to contract covid in hospital, it would kill him, long before his cancer would.

Thankfully that didn't happen and we had him for longer than covid would have allowed. But if his death had been brought about more quickly due to covid, then of course that would have had to have been listed on his Death Certificate as a contributing factor.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
same with my implant in my arm. There was a massive backlog once it all started up again. Mine was due for renewal in october and luckily I got a cancellation so was only 2 weeks over due. Can you get a long term option like that?
My issue was last time they weren’t seeing anyone for that either!! My next appointment is in a couple of weeks so hopefully it’s not cancelled!

Reactions: 4
We will never know the exact figures but suffice to say there are tens of thousands.

Also he still explained that appointments are going to be cancelled now for the booster roll out? Whether we cancel them now or in the new year, that is still important appointments being cancelled… and correct me if I’m wrong but we still don’t know whether the booster offers enough protection against omicron, do we ?? So we might end up cancelling appointments now for the booster and again in the new year when it doesn’t provide enough protection ??? 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 9
How many of these deaths are actually covid related though?
They put a death down as covid within 28 days, so if you got knocked over by a bus but tested positive for covid 2 weeks before hand they would put down covid.
Likewise if you suffered a stroke, but had covid within that 28 days.

Reactions: 12
Well, obviously. Last year my Dad had a difficult decision to make - he had to go into hospital for his chemo treatment, but his oncologist told him in plain terms that if he were to contract covid in hospital, it would kill him, long before his cancer would.

Thankfully that didn't happen and we had him for longer than covid would have allowed. But if his death had been brought about more quickly due to covid, then of course that would have had to have been listed on his Death Certificate as a contributing factor.
Terminal cancer kills cancer patients. Testing positive a couple of days/weeks before their deaths should not overrule this.

Reactions: 18
How many of these deaths are actually covid related though?
They put a death down as covid within 28 days, so if you got knocked over by a bus but tested positive for covid 2 weeks before hand they would put down covid.
Likewise if you suffered a stroke, but had covid within that 28 days.
I see a lot of death certificates in my line of work. I haven't seen a single death certificate that has covid on it that doesn't have a co morbidity.

There are plenty of over 80s who's certs state primary causes as covid and a stroke and then secondary causes as previous stroke and loads of other conditions.. but sure it was the covid that killed them 🙄

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.