Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember feeling "safe" during the lockdowns and they became my comfort zone. I didn't realise the damage they did to my mental health until I started doing basic things which I hadn't done for months. I'm genuinely terrified at the prospect of another lockdown. I don't think I'll survive another one.
Me too! I’ve started cancelling plans and I barely go outside yet again because I don’t feel “safe”

• Sad
Reactions: 5
So have 1 positive in the house, all good health wise. Not lying i am nervously waiting for the rest of the household to catch it and I hope it's only cold like, but all Christmas plans and the build up could be canx that's stressful along with isolations.
I have to isolate cos I'm (a dirty!😜) single jabbed although I'm currently Covid free (and I'm all I'm hearing is I could die or be seriously ill if I catch it which doesn't help me mentally).

Edited - I also resent that I have to stay home because I'm not fully vaccinated.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Me too! I’ve started cancelling plans and I barely go outside yet again because I don’t feel “safe”
Same. Two of my friends have been battling with long Covid and I'm terrified of getting it myself. I feel like I sacrificed so much over the past 2 years to avoid getting Covid - I don't want to risk catching it now after managing to avoid it for so long.

Unfortunately, isolating myself over the past 2 years has completely changed my personality. I've gone from being gregarious and bubbly to dreading any social interaction and feeling so drained after speaking to people.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
My family and I have avoided it so far. I know many friends and colleagues who have had it though. Rates around by me are really high at the mo and we’ve been going to school/work with people testing positive in class/on my floor in the office so not sure how we’ve avoided it to date.

Reactions: 3
Has anyone on here not knowingly had covid yet? I've been lucky and managed to avoid thus far
I was convinced I had it in the summer when my sense of smell went but me and the rest of us had neg pcrs.

I was poorly with a unusual for me illness that had the same symptoms as covid in early 2020 so I do wonder.

So if you’ve had your second vaccine two months ago it’s fine to have a booster?
It was 6 month intervals then 5 now I it seems like a free for all

Reactions: 2
Oh and everytime another person in my house gets it I'll have to add on my isolation time too even if I'm covid free.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
We managed to avoid it until about 4 weeks ago, due to a school outbreak. Husband has had 3 vaccines, I've had one. Out of the six of us in our house, we all caught it apart from my 10 year old. The kids were all asymptomatic, cold symptoms for the adults. Took a few weeks for me to get my sense of smell/taste back.

All our positive results showed up on LFTs first, apart from my youngest, who was LFT negative but PCR positive.

My family and I have avoided it so far. I know many friends and colleagues who have had it though. Rates around by me are really high at the mo and we’ve been going to school/work with people testing positive in class/on my floor in the office so not sure how we’ve avoided it to date.
A colleague of mine has had confirmed Covid twice, with a suspected THIRD time back at the start of the pandemic when tests weren't readily available!

Best part is.... She works from home. 😅 She's never stuck to rules around Covid though, including when she broke lockdown rules last Christmas and had a massive Christmas party with extended family (leading to two elderly relatives catching Covid and passing away some weeks after Christmas...).

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Me and my boyfriend haven’t knowingly had it, but I fail to believe after 2 years both of us have just managed to avoid it. I think most people just haven’t been sick. Especially as he has worked the entire pandemic, we work in a tourist area and both in retail. Ironically, he was really sick around Christmas 19 and looking back, I think it was probably COVID and just noone knew what It was then. I think that’s probably true for a lot of folk.

Reactions: 17
he was really sick around Christmas 19 and looking back, I think it was probably COVID and just noone knew what It was then. I think that’s probably true for a lot of folk.
I think the same for a lot of people. My friend was really poorly end of Dec 19, so much so I had her son for a week as she couldn't get out of bed without it exhausting her.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Has anyone on here not knowingly had covid yet? I've been lucky and managed to avoid thus far
Me 👋 I live off grid, don't have anyone in my life, just me and nature as its been all my life. Highly unlikely to ever get it and I'm very fit and healthy so most likely to be ok if I did.
Hope you continue to be healthy, I'm sure a positive outlook goes a long way too 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I think the same for a lot of people. My friend was really poorly end of Dec 19, so much so I had her son for a week as she couldn't get out of bed without it exhausting her.
People seem to think you can hide from these things but you really can’t. That horrid cold that was going around a few months ago, we both got the very first week it was discussed in the media and it’s not like we go very many places/see many people. The world is too big with too many people, you can’t run from viruses.

Reactions: 4
It does seem to be that the people who had the nasty suspected covid virus end 19/ beginning 20 have managed to avoid covid since testing became available.

Covid was in circulation long before they started looking for it.

Reactions: 13
It does seem to be that the people who had the nasty suspected covid virus end 19/ beginning 20 have managed to avoid covid since testing became available.

Covid was in circulation long before they started looking for it.
My dad was convinced he had it December 2019. He tested positive and was ill again September this year

I was convinced I had it in the summer when my sense of smell went but me and the rest of us had neg pcrs.

I was poorly with a unusual for me illness that had the same symptoms as covid in early 2020 so I do wonder.

It was 6 month intervals then 5 now I it seems like a free for all
You can get boosted 3 months from your last vaccination

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.