Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who use the phrase ‘covid isn’t over just because you’re over it’ honestly need a slap, so self righteous 😂

I saw this on an influencers story (obvs voted no) but the fact that 1/3 of these people secretly want a lockdown is absolutely vile. Not only are you saying you want people to suffer the mental effects of lockdown, but you also hope things get bad enough covid wise to warrant it? Griiiiiim. Is sitting at home for months again really that appealing to some people?

I can only assume these people have nothing going on in their life or something and /or don’t want to go to work?

View attachment 917075

And that they also don't have children or don't care about the affects of a lockdown on millions of children up and down the country who are desperate to go to school!!

Or the suffering mental health of millions of adults and children who simply will not be able to take another lockdown.

Its crazy to me that people think its all fun and games to be locked down at home and have our simple freedoms taken away from us. Its not fun and games for some people its a bloody death sentence.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
You don't need to spend time being concerned, but other viruses can make people feel lousy for a few days

Did you forget about posting this?
I don't get your point.

There is a free and easily accessible test which takes minutes to do, which means that I can be sure that I'm not going to give my family a certain illness over Christmas when I visit them. The same test can also be taken before I meet up with my friends additionally.

You are suggesting not doing this, because there are other illnesses in the world.

Please would you be able to clarify the jist of your argument further.

Reactions: 7
And that they also don't have children or don't care about the affects of a lockdown on millions of children up and down the country who are desperate to go to school!!

Or the suffering mental health of millions of adults and children who simply will not be able to take another lockdown.

Its crazy to me that people think its all fun and games to be locked down at home and have our simple freedoms taken away from us. Its not fun and games for some people its a bloody death sentence.
I'd have been killed were I a young girl or teenager in this situation because my mother's boyfriend beat me. School was the only respite from him.

They don't care about that, they don't care about the ruins of people's livelihoods, the destruction of health services not from Covid patients but their stupid policies (so many will die of cancer, heart disease, and don't forget those in underdeveloped countries who cannot have help from NGOs to combat malaria and TB or those who rely on tourism can starve to death now). Poverty is at an insane high. All because of this but nobody cares about the effects of lockdown. Just do it whenever a government feels like it, as if the entwining world economy is some on/off switch. IT ISN'T.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I don't get your point.

There is a free and easily accessible test which takes minutes to do, which means that I can be sure that I'm not going to give my family a certain illness over Christmas when I visit them. The same test can also be taken before I meet up with my friends additionally.

You are suggesting not doing this, because there are other illnesses in the world.

You said you didn't want to give your immunocompromised father a virus . You used the tern 'a virus' I took that at face value and thought you didn't want to pass any virus to him , not just the new omicron variant of covid

Reactions: 8
I'd have been killed were I a young girl or teenager in this situation because my mother's boyfriend beat me. School was the only respite from him.

They don't care about that, they don't care about the ruins of people's livelihoods, the destruction of health services not from Covid patients but their stupid policies (so many will die of cancer, heart disease, and don't forget those in underdeveloped countries who cannot have help from NGOs to combat malaria and TB or those who rely on tourism can starve to death now). Poverty is at an insane high. All because of this but nobody cares about the effects of lockdown. Just do it whenever a government feels like it, as if the entwining world economy is some on/off switch. IT ISN'T.

Its terrible how people can be so thoughtless and blind to how this is affecting people. Some people think its great they get to sit about at home and not work, while for many many others its puts them in direct danger, pushes them further into a mental health crisis, literally takes away any income they may have had, ruins people lives basically.

Its terrifying that it seems to be go to for governments around the world - just lock them all up. Its like an episode of black mirror and I hate it.

Reactions: 13
No not really, what other symptomless viruses as serious as coronavirus should I be worried about?

But what ones are going around that I would specifically have to be concerned about?
Flu for one, as someone who is immunocompromised I have had to be wary of flu for years. It's more deadly for me and
I don't get your point.

No not really, what other symptomless viruses as serious as coronavirus should I be worried about?

But what ones are going around that I would specifically have to be concerned about?
Flu for one, as someone who is immunocompromised I have had to be wary of flu for years. It's very deadly for people like me and no one gave a tit about people like me before covid.

Reactions: 9
I don't get your point.

Nothing is free. Would you still be doing them if you had to pay for them?

Reactions: 6

I remember thinking this when lockdown started. Al I could think about was those people stuck in a violent situation. I don't think I would have survived it had it been 20 years earlier when I was with my violent ex

I wonder how those stats are I know from experanance the real stats would be high just like the suicide stats if the real ones were released.

• Sad
Reactions: 9

Thing is, money can't be the sole motivator for everything, especially during a global pandemic. Hardly anyone wants to be locked down (I don't think online polls hold much water) but the consequences of not doing so back in March last year would have been catastrophic. The lockdown wasn't nice, but it was a necessary evil that saved a lot of lives.

• Heart
The lockdown wasn't nice, but it was a necessary evil that saved a lot of lives.
But what about all the people that died as a result of the lockdown? The rise of violence, alcoholism and drug abuse in homes and suicides from being isolated? You say it saved a lot of lives, how many? How do you know lockdown saved lives? There’s no evidence that it saved anyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
But what about all the people that died as a result of the lockdown? The rise of violence, alcoholism and drug abuse in homes and suicides from being isolated? You say it saved a lot of lives, how many? How do you know lockdown saved lives? There’s no evidence that it saved anyone.
Yes, IMO those who would have died from covid just had their deaths delayed.

Reactions: 18
If someone is unwell, they are unwell whether or not they test and they are still unwell if they test and get a negative result.

Some people must think a negative test is magic and cures all non covid ailments.
Well I don't think it's idea. If your test is negative, you don't need to isolate and can go to work, meet people etc. if you don't feel too bad. If it's positive, even with light symptoms I would isolate for 10 days to avoid to transmit it to other people.

I wouldn't believe the test would cure me. And anyway there is no treatment for viruses. Just resting, drinking a lot of water/tea and wait in most cases.

Also it would nice to not call stupid people having other opinions on this thread. We all have our way to deal with this pandemic. Obviously people don't think the same about covid-19 but if some people feel like to slow transmissions that shouldn't be open to debate.

Concerning people who would have anyway died of covid, in this case we could stop to treat cancers. We don't because we know we can save people. Same for people catching covid and need hospitalizations. When hospitals are overwhelmed those people don't the chance to get a good care that might save them. Mortality is higher in ICU when they are strained.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Nothing is free. Would you still be doing them if you had to pay for them?
Honestly with how much my Christmas was ruined last year, then yeah I would pay a small fee.

Flu for one, as someone who is immunocompromised I have had to be wary of flu for years. It's very deadly for people like me and no one gave a tit about people like me before covid.
Flu is tit. Luckily I got the flu jab this year.

You said you didn't want to give your immunocompromised father a virus . You used the tern 'a virus' I took that at face value and thought you didn't want to pass any virus to him , not just the new omicron variant of covid

Your semantics are much appreciated.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Because of modelling. Based on the rise of covid cases, hospitalisations and deaths before lockdown, it's reasonable to predict those cases would have risen even higher if everyone had continued to mix.

Do you honestly think we shouldn't have locked down in March 2020 and that deaths wouldn't have been any higher if we hadn't?

Reactions: 5
Because of modelling. Based on the rise of covid cases, hospitalisations and deaths before lockdown, it's reasonable to predict those cases would have risen even higher if everyone had continued to mix.

Do you honestly think we shouldn't have locked down in March 2020 and that deaths wouldn't have been any higher if we hadn't?
Deaths were at their highest when we were in lockdown so you cannot say for sure that it saved lives. We do know that lockdown has killed many people though and was devastating for millions of families but you failed to acknowledge that.

Reactions: 16
What do you think would have happened if there wasn't a lockdown in march 2020?

Deaths were at their highest when we were in lockdown so you cannot say for sure that it saved lives. We do know that lockdown has killed many people though and was devastating for millions of families but you failed to acknowledge that.
Yes, because a lot of those people caught it pre-lockdown.

I don't see how it was devastating for "millions" of families. Some yes, but millions sounds like hyperbole to me.

Speaking of failing to acknowledge things, you didn't answer this part of my question: "Do you honestly think we shouldn't have locked down in March 2020?"

• Wow
Reactions: 3

it should have NEVER ever happened. EVER. We had plans in place for this. For something far worse.

The modeling was and always has been bogus. 2m dead here in the US in less than a year? Come off it. Ferguson’s modeling has always been crap; garbage in, garbage out. This was never ever everpart of any pandemic plan with a much higher estimate IFR because of the immense permanent damage it has done to society. It happened because mass hysteria pushed by China. And as Neil Ferguson said, we can get away with it.

Yes, because a lot of those people caught it pre-lockdown.

I don't see how it was devastating for "millions" of families. Some yes, but millions sounds like hyperbole to me.

Speaking of failing to acknowledge things, you didn't answer this part of my question: "Do you honestly think we shouldn't have locked down in March 2020?"
No I don’t think they should have locked the entire country down. Vulnerable people and elderly should have been told to isolate and be more cautious but the economy and schools should have been kept open. The majority of deaths were over 80 years old and I’m sorry to break it to you but old people die. We are ruining children’s lives to protect the old, and now we’re heading towards vaccines for children to protect the old?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.