Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
An elderly patient of mine today said he would rather die of covid than have another Christmas without his family :cry:
There is some truth in that we are here for a good time not long time . A life without enjoyment is no life at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
For vulnerable people it can. Strep can give you pnumonia, it can kill you. But for most it's a sore throat. A cold can kill some people. Many elderly people die from chest infections.
Covid is more infectious and deadly and, therefore, I think it's the right thing for me to wear a mask in crowded public places to protect other people (among other guidelines). I've also had both vaccines and the booster because I want to protect myself as much as I can against getting the virus and passing it on.

If you don't want to do any of those things, that's your decision. I'll carry on doing what I feel is right. I can promise you I'm just as steadfast in my view as you are in yours.

Call me "part of the problem", call me all the names under the sun for all I care - it's my view and I'm sticking with it because I feel it's right.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Yes but the viruses that can cause it are.
A baby could pick up a normal virus, it progress to sepsis and then the baby dies.

So should we lock down the world incase a baby catches virus that may cause sepsis.
Sorry but there is no comparison to the way Covid-19 transmits so easily and disruption it causes/has caused.

Reactions: 6
Sorry but there is no comparison to the way Covid-19 transmits so easily and disruption it causes/has caused.
A common cold is very very transmissible. It can kill people, lead to pneumonia, probably things like ME which are now called a cool fancy name like long Covid.

Reactions: 16
So the fact that it caused a GLOBAL pandemic isn’t enough?
Nope. Not when you state it’s more transmissible. You can’t claim that if you don’t have the evidence.
The cold virus is global. We just don’t shove a swab up our nose and send it to be tested every time we have a sniffle

Reactions: 15
Covid didn't cause the disruption, the rules did.

And I never said it was comparable, I was mearly pointing out that sepsis can be a result of contagious disease, which you seemed to be unaware off.

But what I and others are trying to illustrate is that the world is full of contagious illnesses that can put vulnerable people in the hospital or even kill them, and sometimes very rarley seemingly young healthy people can end up gravely ill from everyday illnesses. Covid is no different, and the majority of the population have no reason to fear it. Our government have proven they know this through their actions.

Reactions: 21
My husband works for a local authority and have said the same.

I work for central government, and if you need to for business or mental health reasons you can work in the office.
I’m local authority and we have been told the office is now for “essential work only” but I’m thinking if you really couldn’t work from home for mental health reasons then you’d be able to agree to go in, but even before that we were only allowed in one day a week unless approved by management.

Well we know the vaccine bit is a bloody lie the NV is spreading faster than anything they've seen before .
The vaccine isn’t to blame for that. The vaccines when originally trialled it was against the Alpha variant. Since the virus has mutated it has become more transmissible.

Reactions: 6
The vaccine isn’t to blame for that. The vaccines when originally trialled it was against the Alpha variant. Since the virus has mutated it has become more transmissible.
I'd need to see proof of that vaccine escape is something they chanced in the beginning and now look where we are .

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.